brehs lets talk cologne game

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I just copped that Million by Paco Rabanne a few days ago, this week I am also getting the Invictus Platinum also by Paco Radbanne,good chance I will also either cop The Polo Ralph Lauren Red or Burberry Touch too, but I might save that for the fall, will let y'all brehs know and thanks for the help and suggestions

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
I also keep hearing Creed mentioned, what would y'all recommend for the Summer for Creed, or just a great Creed in general, and what's the average prices ?

edit... saw Creed prices, have to chill on that for now even though you get what you pay for quality wise, at least most of the time, I'm gonna sample some Creed scents when I go to cop my other smell goods

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I also keep hearing Creed mentioned, what would y'all recommend for the Summer for Creed, or just a great Creed in general, and what's the average prices ?

Creed Aventus is a little heavy for the summer imo, but you can get Creed Aventus Cologne.

As for pricing, always try before you buy!

Retail Aventus is $500
You can sometimes see it on sale for 300.

Believe me, it's decent, but not $500 good.

Get 3 ml or 5 ml. 5 spritzes is what I normally rock, and that's 0.1 ml. (I measured it on a jeweler's scale).

So 3 Ml - is a month, 5 Ml is almost 2 months of daily wear.

You can get a "decant" aka a sample bottle at these spots, plus many more.

www.decantx.com
www.scentsplit.com
www.perfuum.com

If you really like it after finishing the decant, I'd probably still get one of the clones.

Daps
I just copped that Million by Paco Rabanne a few days ago, this week I am also getting the Invictus Platinum also by Paco Radbanne,good chance I will also either cop The Polo Ralph Lauren Red or Burberry Touch too, but I might save that for the fall, will let y'all brehs know and thanks for the help and suggestions
All great choices. I like Paco Rabanne a lot, but a fragrance for me is dead once it gets a commercial. It's honestly not that big a deal but imagine you put on some fly shyt thinking you exclusive. Then ya nose start acting up and it's a breh 3 feet away.

Last edited:

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Creed Aventus is a little heavy for the summer imo, but you can get Creed Aventus Cologne.

As for pricing, always try before you buy!

Retail Aventus is $500
You can sometimes see it on sale for 300.

Believe me, it's decent, but not $500 good.

Get 3 ml or 5 ml. 5 spritzes is what I normally rock, and that's 0.1 ml. (I measured it on a jeweler's scale).

So 3 Ml - is a month, 5 Ml is almost 2 months of daily wear.

You can get a "decant" aka a sample bottle at these spots, plus many more.

www.decantx.com
www.scentsplit.com
www.perfuum.com

If you really like it after finishing the decant, I'd probably still get one of the clones.

thanks for the Creed recommendations, I will smell them in a few days, it's not just the price per se, it's the fact that I'm trying to rebuild my cologne collection because I fell out the cologne game for a minute, that's why I'm basically asking to get cologne game explained to me in simple terms so I can get reaclimmated to the smell good gang

I'm getting back into watches again too, but my styles will vary more, to grown, to practical, to fancy, to sporty to classy

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Copped some new Harlem from BN9. It’s growing on me, I felt like it smells like maple syrup. The samples they gave me I damn they’re like more (bleeker st, Hamptons, forgot the other sample name) my bottle of Wall Street is broken so I have to keep it at an angle :snoop: . If I get anymore parfum, I’m going w TF Tuscan Leather mixed w tobacco vanille are nice scents for fall/winter

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
thanks for the Creed recommendations, I will smell them in a few days, it's not just the price per se, it's the fact that I'm trying to rebuild my cologne collection because I fell out the cologne game for a minute, that's why I'm basically asking to get cologne game explained to me in simple terms so I can get reaclimmated to the smell good gang

I'm getting back into watches again too, but my styles will vary more, to grown, to practical, to fancy, to sporty to classy

If price isn't a real object, the niche/design private blend stuff is a vast world.

Consider this a "starter kit" in terms of getting deep into the cologne game.

Niche
is a company that only makes cologne.
Designer - they make stuff other than cologne. Armani is designer. But Mercedes Benz and Tumi also make colognes, and they're considered designer, even if they don't make clothes. For a 100 ml bottle, usually they're trying to do 100. Since covid, it's now like 120, with some of these jokers going for 150.

Private Blend/Private Line - Designers like Chanel and Dior sell colognes for the mass at the 100-150 level, so the "private line" is them selling colognes at the 300-500 level. Armani, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Gucci, Louis Vuitton all have lines at this price point, but the niche houses are also this expensive and tend to get more love.

These are the "big boy"/"grown man" fragrances that are fairly popular. Keep in mind, there are over 100K fragrances out there, most of them from small companies you'll never hear of.

This is more of a best sellers/biggest advertising budget than any idea of quality or exclusivity.

Creed Heavy Hitters
  • Aventus - it's sold as a smoky pineapple, but it's more of a pineapple whiff with birch/smoke
  • Viking - Christmas Potpourri
  • Green Irish Tweed - Fresh Cut Grass
  • Silver Mountain Water - it's a fresh aquatic, metallic. If you like this, peep Chanel's Egoiste/Platinum Egoiste.
  • Virgin Island Water - lime and coconut, great for summer
Creed has a ton more scents, but these are the ones that get mentioned a lot. Aside from Green Irish Tweed, I don't really get the hype tbh.

Parfums De Marly Champs
  • Layton - they're #1 - get your nose on this. Apple, Vanilla, Sandalwood...
  • Herod - Tobacco scent, my fave from them. Very dry and spicy.
  • Sedley - Citrus
  • Greenley - Green Apple
  • Carlisle - Apple (diff than Layton)
  • Pegasus - Almond
Considered by many as a niche house with designer (aka mass market) sensibilities.

Initio Parfums - Sister brand to Parfums de Marly

• They make a great fragrance called Oud for Greatness. I'd never put my nose on anything like that. STRONG. Winter time only, for me.
  • Side Effect is another popular one from them. Vanilla, Rum, Tobacco. (I don't smell any of those, but it's a decent scent)
Nishane - House from Istanbul
  • Hacivat - An alternative/smell-a-like to Aventus. More pineapple supposedly, but their pineapple smells like citrus to me.
  • Wu Long Cha - Tea
Xerjoff - Italian
  • Naxos - Honey Tobacco - Not a fan, but very popular.
  • Mefisto - Citrus, Flowers, Woods

Amouage
  • Interlude Man - Known as the blue beast, it's a got a strong oregano note. Interlude Black Iris is also fairly popular
  • Royal Tobacco - Tobacco and Incense. I love the hell out of this stuff.
Massive house from the Middle East, I see a lot of their colognes on various lists.

By Kilian - Kilian's dad runs Louis Vuitton

• Intoxicated - sweet, caramel if I recall.
  • Light My Fire - sweet
  • Black Phantom - not for freshmen, this is like Dior's Fahrenheit to me. Smoky, Gasoline..
  • Apple Brandy - apple?
  • Apple Brandy on the Rocks - green apple
  • Angel's Share - supposed to be Whisky, more like apple pie spice
Real popular niche brand, everything leans sweet or smells like food (aka gourmand).

Le Labo - Hipster and Expensive

• Santal 33 - it's supposed to smell like sandalwood, all I smell is dill pickles. But was "the scent" for a minute. It's a hypebeast for sure
  • The Noir 29 - Black Tea and I think Figs?
  • Bergamote 22 - Bergamot is a citrus, and this is one of their most popular ones.
Aside from the price and minimal label, the real neat thing is that you go to their shop and they make the cologne in front of you, and give you a personalized label. My personal favorite is Tabac 28, but you can only get it from their Miami Shop, or once a year from online.

Roja Parfums - Enigma/Creation E
- outrageously expensive - Tobacco, Cognac, Vanilla - I don't smell any of that personally, but it's very popular

Maison Francis Kurkdijan
  • Baccarat Rouge 540 - Cotton Candy, very sweet. Hypebeast
  • Grand Soir - Sweet, I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. Super popular. Amber and Vanilla

Frederick Malle
  • Musc Ravageur - Musk and Spice - smells way better than it sounds.
  • Portait of a Lady - Rose
Tom Ford - not really niche, but put into the niche category
  • Noir Extreme - Turkish Ice Cream, very sweet, pistachio I think as well
  • Ombre Leather - a sweet leather if such a thing exists
  • Oud Wood - Oud is one of those woods that can be very medicinal, very barnyard, very "vicks vaporub". This is very popular from them and a good intro to oud.
  • Tobacco Vanille - My #1 lady killer, probably my favorite scent, definitely top 5. Tobacco and Vanilla, and some spices.
  • Tuscan Leather - leather and raspberry, but smells more like an ash tray to me. Allegedly smells like Coca-Aina
Like I was saying above, Thomas has a ton of good colognes, none of them cheap.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
@BronxBomber is there a section on the website where I can cop oils for a diffuser?

I used to rock the Noir Ottoman candles from Kilian and they stopped making them

i copped a diffuser and got a scent from the hotel collection but it’s too sweet. Any recommendations

for scents similar to Noir Ottoman?

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
If price isn't a real object, the niche/design private blend stuff is a vast world.

Consider this a "starter kit" in terms of getting deep into the cologne game.

Niche is a company that only makes cologne.
Designer - they make stuff other than cologne. Armani is designer. But Mercedes Benz and Tumi also make colognes, and they're considered designer, even if they don't make clothes. For a 100 ml bottle, usually they're trying to do 100. Since covid, it's now like 120, with some of these jokers going for 150.

Private Blend/Private Line - Designers like Chanel and Dior sell colognes for the mass at the 100-150 level, so the "private line" is them selling colognes at the 300-500 level. Armani, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Gucci, Louis Vuitton all have lines at this price point, but the niche houses are also this expensive and tend to get more love.

These are the "big boy"/"grown man" fragrances that are fairly popular. Keep in mind, there are over 100K fragrances out there, most of them from small companies you'll never hear of.

This is more of a best sellers/biggest advertising budget than any idea of quality or exclusivity.

Creed Heavy Hitters
  • Aventus - it's sold as a smoky pineapple, but it's more of a pineapple whiff with birch/smoke
  • Viking - Christmas Potpourri
  • Green Irish Tweed - Fresh Cut Grass
  • Silver Mountain Water - it's a fresh aquatic, metallic. If you like this, peep Chanel's Egoiste/Platinum Egoiste.
  • Virgin Island Water - lime and coconut, great for summer
Creed has a ton more scents, but these are the ones that get mentioned a lot. Aside from Green Irish Tweed, I don't really get the hype tbh.

Parfums De Marly Champs
  • Layton - they're #1 - get your nose on this. Apple, Vanilla, Sandalwood...
  • Herod - Tobacco scent, my fave from them. Very dry and spicy.
  • Sedley - Citrus
  • Greenley - Green Apple
  • Carlisle - Apple (diff than Layton)
  • Pegasus - Almond
Considered by many as a niche house with designer (aka mass market) sensibilities.

Initio Parfums - Sister brand to Parfums de Marly
  • They make a great fragrance called Oud for Greatness. I'd never put my nose on anything like that. STRONG. Winter time only, for me.
  • Side Effect is another popular one from them. Vanilla, Rum, Tobacco. (I don't smell any of those, but it's a decent scent)
Nishane - House from Istanbul
  • Hacivat - An alternative/smell-a-like to Aventus. More pineapple supposedly, but their pineapple smells like citrus to me.
  • Wu Long Cha - Tea
Xerjoff - Italian
  • Naxos - Honey Tobacco - Not a fan, but very popular.
  • Mefisto - Citrus, Flowers, Woods

Amouage
  • Interlude Man - Known as the blue beast, it's a got a strong oregano note. Interlude Black Iris is also fairly popular
  • Royal Tobacco - Tobacco and Incense. I love the hell out of this stuff.
Massive house from the Middle East, I see a lot of their colognes on various lists.

By Kilian - Kilian's dad runs Louis Vuitton
  • Intoxicated - sweet, caramel if I recall.
  • Light My Fire - sweet
  • Black Phantom - not for freshmen, this is like Dior's Fahrenheit to me. Smoky, Gasoline..
  • Apple Brandy - apple?
  • Apple Brandy on the Rocks - green apple
  • Angel's Share - supposed to be Whisky, more like apple pie spice
Real popular niche brand, everything leans sweet or smells like food (aka gourmand).

Le Labo - Hipster and Expensive
  • Santal 33 - it's supposed to smell like sandalwood, all I smell is dill pickles. But was "the scent" for a minute. It's a hypebeast for sure
  • The Noir 29 - Black Tea and I think Figs?
  • Bergamote 22 - Bergamot is a citrus, and this is one of their most popular ones.
Aside from the price and minimal label, the real neat thing is that you go to their shop and they make the cologne in front of you, and give you a personalized label. My personal favorite is Tabac 28, but you can only get it from their Miami Shop, or once a year from online.

Roja Parfums - Enigma/Creation E - outrageously expensive - Tobacco, Cognac, Vanilla - I don't smell any of that personally, but it's very popular

Maison Francis Kurkdijan
  • Baccarat Rouge 540 - Cotton Candy, very sweet. Hypebeast
  • Grand Soir - Sweet, I'm not sure what it's supposed to be. Super popular. Amber and Vanilla

Frederick Malle
  • Musc Ravageur - Musk and Spice - smells way better than it sounds.
  • Portait of a Lady - Rose
Tom Ford - not really niche, but put into the niche category
  • Noir Extreme - Turkish Ice Cream, very sweet, pistachio I think as well
  • Ombre Leather - a sweet leather if such a thing exists
  • Oud Wood - Oud is one of those woods that can be very medicinal, very barnyard, very "vicks vaporub". This is very popular from them and a good intro to oud.
  • Tobacco Vanille - My #1 lady killer, probably my favorite scent, definitely top 5. Tobacco and Vanilla, and some spices.
  • Tuscan Leather - leather and raspberry, but smells more like an ash tray to me. Allegedly smells like Coca-Aina
Like I was saying above, Thomas has a ton of good colognes, none of them cheap.

thanks breh, I'm about to order a big sample pack of colognes for a good price

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps
So the event wasn’t anything special.

Could be because I got there late, but they just had a larger than normal Initio section with the raw materials that make up the notes in the fragrances with reps directly from the company. They had free drinks so there were chicks there just for the champagne.

They had headphones and with soundscapes that are supposed to help you “experience” the smell as you sample it
:laff: :stopitslime:

I’m like get tf out my face with this corny shyt, but it was cool talk to the sales rep directly from the company he had a lot more knowledge than the average dept sales rep. Once he saw I knew a little he came down to earth.

I lucked up because it was the end of the event and they were trying to get rid of the samples and stuff they didn’t use.

I bought Atomic Rose and they gave me 3 10mls (Blessed Baraka, Psychedelic Love, Oud for Happiness) for free and then like 4/5 other 1.5ml samples.

Wow thats wack, I thought they would pull out all the stops. We are going to work on a couple of more there fragrances though. What did you like? Or what was the consensus of what was good. We already have done Side Effect, Paragon, Oud For Greatness, Oud For Happiness,Musk Therapy and Rehab. Wondering if we already have the top of their line up and dont need to go any deeper.

@BronxBomber is there a section on the website where I can cop oils for a diffuser?

I used to rock the Noir Ottoman candles from Kilian and they stopped making them

i copped a diffuser and got a scent from the hotel collection but it’s too sweet. Any recommendations

for scents similar to Noir Ottoman?

Peace every fragrance has home fragrance in the drop down which is the diffuser fragrance.

Sorry brother haven't smelled the Noir Ottoman. I'll be honest there is always something similar out there. Let me take that back. MOST times lol.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Wow thats wack, I thought they would pull out all the stops. We are going to work on a couple of more there fragrances though. What did you like? Or what was the consensus of what was good. We already have done Side Effect, Paragon, Oud For Greatness, Oud For Happiness,Musk Therapy and Rehab. Wondering if we already have the top of their line up and dont need to go any deeper.

Peace every fragrance has home fragrance in the drop down which is the diffuser fragrance.

Sorry brother haven't smelled the Noir Ottoman. I'll be honest there is always something similar out there. Let me take that back. MOST times lol.
Good looking out. According to the net, the fragrance notes for Noir Ottoman are:

• FRAGRANCE NOTES & DESCRIPTION
    Like the smell of a grand library, all lacquered wood and ancient paper, Noir Ottoman is worthy of top shelf display in your home–it’s Kilian’s personal favorite. Rose notes and wood accord are enveloped in a coc00n of musk, inviting guests to take a seat and stay a long while.

• Is there anything on your site that is similar or that you recommend as a performer in the home?

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps
Good looking out. According to the net, the fragrance notes for Noir Ottoman are:

• FRAGRANCE NOTES & DESCRIPTION
    Like the smell of a grand library, all lacquered wood and ancient paper, Noir Ottoman is worthy of top shelf display in your home–it’s Kilian’s personal favorite. Rose notes and wood accord are enveloped in a coc00n of musk, inviting guests to take a seat and stay a long while.

• Is there anything on your site that is similar or that you recommend as a performer in the home?

Unfortunately can have 10 fragrances with the same notes and they all smell different, if you check out Fragrantica they will have a section and people will give their opinions on what smells similar etc.

All personal preference. Mango Butter, Jamaican Fruit, Jamaican Me Crazy, Bomb Marley are all HUGE sellers for us in store, but very fruity.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Unfortunately can have 10 fragrances with the same notes and they all smell different, if you check out Fragrantica they will have a section and people will give their opinions on what smells similar etc.

All personal preference. Mango Butter, Jamaican Fruit, Jamaican Me Crazy, Bomb Marley are all HUGE sellers for us in store, but very fruity.
Do any of those you mentioned have a rum scnt? I copped the Malin & Goetz Rum Soap and the scent is fire!