brehs lets talk cologne game

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Its pretty wild but then I've had similar convos with farmers etc.. that were even more eye opening.

It truly is across the board on so many levels that you'd have to be playing dumb to not see the true intent behind all of it.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Here's another one:

Never wear just one fragrance.

Once you know your smells and how they compliment you can start putting together aromas like a fit and thus cook up something that is totally unique and fresh. Never will you smells like the next girls ex by rocking a twist.

There are loads of fragrances out there that are pretty much monotone ie a heavy leather accord dominates or sparkly citrus with not much else etc... Some are gossamer thin and translucent whereas others are chunky and monolithic. Others compliment by changing the evaporation rate of what you're wearing and the interplay of notes this brings. After a while of playing around you'll start to intuit what fits and you can layer some astounding concoctions that are far more impressive than the sum of their parts.

Strictly for live men, not for freshmen.

Grab some paper strips and give it a spin. Some folks I've put on go as far as to making custom blends in a bottle that they macerate but I prefer spraying skin with each flex as you can create the optimal balance. After a while it becomes intuitive and you'll be out sampling and it will instantly click what you can wear something new with.
Pro tip when doing this apply different things to different areas. When I’m gonna crash I put tobacco vanilla oil below the belt lol and another scent on neck and chest.

Something sweet and something sweet it’ll drive shorty crazy if you do the right things.

with oils I do a dab or a strip of one scent then the other next to it in the sand fashion.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
If there was a way for me to upload my chemistry, along with my favorite scents, and spit out some recommendations that smell good to me, and to everyone else (or a custom scent) - that would be real dope.
ChatGPT 7.0 (or something equivalent) :demonic:SOON

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
It already has been for a few years on the design level. Since 2015 for certain a lot of scents have been assisted where the nose creates a formula and its fed into a machine learner which cross references what was popular, similar etc.. and they tweak it accordingly before focusing testing. A pure AI only scent hasn't been made yet, as far as I know but they have been working on it behind the scenes:

Why? Greater profit margins because then they own every single piece of the puzzle and could do what they want due to the aforementioned rationing of components so no one else could create smells like them.

Some folks I know are equally hard at work making their own captives but it requires a vast knowledge of chemistry and a decent lab so there will always be an underground in that sense because some dudes just won't quit.
What made me even think about it was years ago, I was doing a rehab on house and had to get mold remove from house. After doing everything with machines, we had to test to get seal of state approval. Dude pulls up with a small handheld machine, he lets it spin while i guess it test the air (maybe 60 seconds) inside and outside, I give him a check I think for $350 and he says when he gets back he will upload reading and get me approval. He was there maybe 5-10 min at most.. Besides me siting there like 5 minutes and you made how much?! :what:

I was like yo this think can smell and determine all this there is definitely gonna be a machine to do that for perfumes soon, mentioned it to my boy who is in that arena and he talked about that exact thing.. I was mindblown like yooo :ohhh:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
What made me even think about it was years ago, I was doing a rehab on house and had to get mold remove from house. After doing everything with machines, we had to test to get seal of state approval. Dude pulls up with a small handheld machine, he lets it spin while i guess it test the air (maybe 60 seconds) inside and outside, I give him a check I think for $350 and he says when he gets back he will upload reading and get me approval. He was there maybe 5-10 min at most.. Besides me siting there like 5 minutes and you made how much?! :what:

I was like yo this think can smell and determine all this there is definitely gonna be a machine to do that for perfumes soon, mentioned it to my boy who is in that arena and he talked about that exact thing.. I was mindblown like yooo :ohhh:

Woulda asked him for a job!

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Thats the GCMS scanning that makes the clones possible but even then there are levels to the analysis which you can think of like resolution for reproduction. Walk with me:

If you get the basic one for a few hundred upto a G its like a VHS bootleg with those tracking waves that add their own noise in and missing details. Double up and you'll get SD resolution and around 5 Gs you'll have the hi res computer analysis with human input as well as a best guess alternatives for what doesn't register or is captive.

That isn't the half of it though because then you've got to find someone who can put it together again from the recipe and make it smell the same which is an uphill battle due to the differing quality oils on the market as well as microdoses (which generally don't show) along with various other industry tricks that you only really know once you've put that work in.

Its like how a good engineer can make your kicks knock against a hard sample with snares crisp whereas the same components in the hands of an amateur doesn't quite reach that level and won't capture your attention.

There is a reason why you test the skills of a chef by asking him to make an omelette as that simple dish speaks volumes of their experience.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Woulda asked him for a job!
Real estate industry is one of them industries where its a TON of gigs like this and you wouldnt even know! (mortgage loan officer, appraiser, surveyor, inspections, insurance adjusters, etc.) Some of the really good ones still got that gatekeeping in it too (appraiser, surveyor).. :mjpls:I can tell you STORIES.. I still tell brothers get they foot in, alot of good opportunities and can be a legit "side hustle"

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Here's another one:

Never wear just one fragrance.

Once you know your smells and how they compliment you can start putting together aromas like a fit and thus cook up something that is totally unique and fresh. Never will you smells like the next girls ex by rocking a twist.

There are loads of fragrances out there that are pretty much monotone ie a heavy leather accord dominates or sparkly citrus with not much else etc... Some are gossamer thin and translucent whereas others are chunky and monolithic. Others compliment by changing the evaporation rate of what you're wearing and the interplay of notes this brings. After a while of playing around you'll start to intuit what fits and you can layer some astounding concoctions that are far more impressive than the sum of their parts.

Strictly for live men, not for freshmen.

Grab some paper strips and give it a spin. Some folks I've put on go as far as to making custom blends in a bottle that they macerate but I prefer spraying skin with each flex as you can create the optimal balance. After a while it becomes intuitive and you'll be out sampling and it will instantly click what you can wear something new with.
Yea grand dad said once u get ya scents down play with em

nikka said grey flannel smell like a pissy locker room first then the dry down is infectious …

nikka took a cotton ball sprayed it with grey flannel

That was the base then top of it was old givenchy xeryus

That shyt was potent

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
What’s the point of a store rep contact again
Depends on what type of store and their position I guess but like mentioned they can get you stuff or get you heads up on stuff. Some stores have access to stuff and they can get it for you. At the high end dept stores they have reps who work with the niche brands and push them for years, they have their own relationships and typically work between different brands for years.

Or you can have a connect at lets say Cartier, they have a private line and they give you heads up when something comes in and/or something is selling and its low, they can hold it for you or buy it for you or whatever. This comes in handy if you really know the scene or if you have connects in other parts of the world and they buy stuff for you but you have something they cant get their hands on.

Or you get to know manager of the actual frangrance brand store direct. They have connect to the brand and some limited edition stuff that no one else can get their hands on. If you get in right with them they see you are one of the more knowledgeable buyers they always want to share with you, just being in these threads you are like 1 percent of the 1 percent. Most people dont even think of this stuff, lol. So they call you when the actual famous perfumer comes in and gives them bottles or whatever. If you get access to bottles that no one else has or something that was discontinued, the resale on something like that is insane. Gives you ability to barter with stuff you really want that someone else has.

Or you know owner of a niche store and they have direct access to perfumers or get their hands on very limited or obscure stuff that the stores dont mess with yet. Place where you would be in heaven and smell wild stuff. Hit you up when he has meet n greets if you are into that type of stuff. Like a few months back my boy had the founder of BDK do a launch meet n greet for the Gris Charnel Extrait launch in store. I see its sold out on website at moment.

Just depends how deep you want to get and how good your social skills are to be able to maneuver..

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
From what I've read, they can put you on to some new joints before they hit the shelves.
*So you can cop at full retail and they make their commission.

If I was buying LV or TF at department store prices, I'd be buddy buddy with them gals at Nordstrom.
I kinda feel like I don’t need one lol if it’s not gonna net me some kinda ROI

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Depends on what type of store and their position I guess but like mentioned they can get you stuff or get you heads up on stuff. Some stores have access to stuff and they can get it for you. At the high end dept stores they have reps who work with the niche brands and push them for years, they have their own relationships and typically work between different brands for years.

Or you can have a connect at lets say Cartier, they have a private line and they give you heads up when something comes in and/or something is selling and its low, they can hold it for you or buy it for you or whatever. This comes in handy if you really know the scene or if you have connects in other parts of the world and they buy stuff for you but you have something they cant get their hands on.

Or you get to know manager of the actual frangrance brand store direct. They have connect to the brand and some limited edition stuff that no one else can get their hands on. If you get in right with them they see you are one of the more knowledgeable buyers they always want to share with you, just being in these threads you are like 1 percent of the 1 percent. Most people dont even think of this stuff, lol. So they call you when the actual famous perfumer comes in and gives them bottles or whatever. If you get access to bottles that no one else has or something that was discontinued, the resale on something like that is insane. Gives you ability to barter with stuff you really want that someone else has.

Or you know owner of a niche store and they have direct access to perfumers or get their hands on very limited or obscure stuff that the stores dont mess with yet. Place where you would be in heaven and smell wild stuff. Hit you up when he has meet n greets if you are into that type of stuff. Like a few months back my boy had the founder of BDK do a launch meet n greet for the Gris Charnel Extrait launch in store. I see its sold out on website at moment.

Just depends how deep you want to get and how good your social skills are to be able to maneuver..
I’ve been thinking about texting her she in Atlanta. Asian lady. Want her to remember me but I’m trying to figure out best way to open the bottle you feel me lol