Daps

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solid fragrance.
It's the best of the guilty series imo.

But I don't really reach for it that often TBH. It doesn't get a lot of hype.

Gucci by Gucci is slightly better, to me...but it's not nearly as popular as GGB.

I have that one for a bit. It's one of my fave eau de toilette ones that I have. Will probably wear it more when during the summer

:ehh:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Complexion coming in here dropping seminars of knowledge.

giphy.gif

Thank you for posting what you did. I had no idea all of that was going on in the fragrance industry but not really surprised. These prices for fragrances are getting out of hand and downright ridiculous. I applaud the clone houses that been popping up b/c you can tell these big time designer companies are robbing people with the quality of garbage they putting out with flanker after flanker and then just lackluster new bullshyt fragrances that cost $300-$400 a bottle and last 2-3 hours. Some of the niche houses are nice but again I'm not dropping a rack on a bottle of BTV. There are some genuine nice ones though and I try to switch it up everyday with a new scent.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
You've got to wonder because the days of an immense smash dominating the market, year out, year in are gone with the wind. The clonesharks will ensure that won't happen and the nets model of direct to consumer or bypassing retail generates profit but over the past two decades the signal to noise ratio has become immense.

A lot of these smaller houses are actually making their bread and butter by designing and creating commercial toilet fresheners and the scents that go in towel wipes as that is what keeps the lights on. The rest they're hoping to hit big which is why they astroturf the reviews and send out free bottles to get hypetrains rolling fron online reviewers just reading a script that says nice things.

The industry in whole is creatively bankrupt and has been for a while due to the aforementioned reasons because copying has become much easier with GCMS and there is so much money to be had. There are real talented noses out there that purposefully will not release their best works due to this and there is an underground movement trying to make it illegal to jack a formula then resell because its cheapening their skill set as creators.

If that kicks in we'll see an evolution in terms of creativity because people will start to push the limits in order to get that credit but its a complicated field. Much like sampling in that sense or, actually, chord progression and melody when it comes to music.

The worst thing about modern frags is how many of them are recycling bases so aside from the top notes and opening it ends up smelling identical in the end. That and from every 10 you sniff you'd be lucky to find one that is truly unique and different as there are so many variations on a theme whilst millions of accord combos sit untouched because most aren't creative enough to pair them up.
Wait til AI hit the frag community. Cant wait to request custom scents nightly based on my mood.. :ahh:

Last edited:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
If there was a way for me to upload my chemistry, along with my favorite scents, and spit out some recommendations that smell good to me, and to everyone else (or a custom scent) - that would be real dope.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
These prices for fragrances are getting out of hand and downright ridiculous.

Its pretty wild because back when couture really was something special and designer meant just that the fragrances were seen as a diffusion line to increase brand awareness for those with aspirational lifestyles that couldn't afford the whole 9.

In the mid 90s this changed and its been downhill in terms of quality as the price gets ramped and frags were the hardest hit because of how much profit they bring. Look at the market for releases back then to now and you'll see what I mean. Back when fumes were jam packed with naturals like sandalwood, oakmoss etc.. which was actually far more expensive whereas now its all aromachems and only niche use the real, and then sparingly.

If they'd seen the long game instead of short terms profits they'd have kept the diffusion lines of scents around 40-120 bucks and there would have been no need for clones. In that respect they did it to themselves out of greed. Not to mention the reformulation topic where they'll dilute a scent or recreate it with cheaper components once it becomes big.

Its all really quite crooked and thats before getting into the tinfoil convos I've had about various types of poison and designed endocrine disruption that goes on behind the scenes. Interesting isn't it that they never list their ingredients for fragrances (or cigarettes) whilst everything else must say so loud and clearly. Add in the fact that this business was built upon and based on the wastes of the petrochem industry and its makes you think about fragrant poisons...

Wait til AI hit the frag community. Cant wait to request custiom scents nightly based on my mood.. :ahh:

It already has been for a few years on the design level. Since 2015 for certain a lot of scents have been assisted where the nose creates a formula and its fed into a machine learner which cross references what was popular, similar etc.. and they tweak it accordingly before focusing testing. A pure AI only scent hasn't been made yet, as far as I know but they have been working on it behind the scenes:

Why? Greater profit margins because then they own every single piece of the puzzle and could do what they want due to the aforementioned rationing of components so no one else could create smells like them.

Some folks I know are equally hard at work making their own captives but it requires a vast knowledge of chemistry and a decent lab so there will always be an underground in that sense because some dudes just won't quit.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Solid fragrance.
It's the best of the guilty series imo.

But I don't really reach for it that often TBH. It doesn't get a lot of hype.

Gucci by Gucci is slightly better, to me...but it's not nearly as popular as GGB.

Following up on my own post. I spritzed both forearms when I wrote this.

They both essentially smell the same now, even though they're different on the opening.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps

The public info is far more limited, obviously because you need to know what each chemical is and why its present as often the dose is the poison but it was an eye opening glimpse behind the curtain back when. Check the links for some sanitized information:

What was most interesting was that the celeb/cheap designer/mainstream stuff was often packed to the gills with badness, again and again and again. Those who know me know I don't believe in coincidence and it just fits too well with the whole "we hate the peasants and wish they were dead" thinking that emanates from the top of the pyramid.

Nothing new in that respect because everything from the air you breathe to the water you drink as well as the clothes you're wearing are designed with the same intent. My proof? Look at the world and the people in it and then compare their strength, resilience and intelligence to back when its obvious something is making it happen hence all of the weakness that is standard in current generations.

There's a war going on outside no man is safe from...

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio contained 19 different sensitizing chemicals, more than any other product in the study

#1 best selling fragrance of all time...

Yikes.

This explains Aaron Terrence Hughes push towards transparency. I didn't realize these hoes was this diabolical.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Its pretty wild because back when couture really was something special and designer meant just that the fragrances were seen as a diffusion line to increase brand awareness for those with aspirational lifestyles that couldn't afford the whole 9.

In the mid 90s this changed and its been downhill in terms of quality as the price gets ramped and frags were the hardest hit because of how much profit they bring. Look at the market for releases back then to now and you'll see what I mean. Back when fumes were jam packed with naturals like sandalwood, oakmoss etc.. which was actually far more expensive whereas now its all aromachems and only niche use the real, and then sparingly.

If they'd seen the long game instead of short terms profits they'd have kept the diffusion lines of scents around 40-120 bucks and there would have been no need for clones. In that respect they did it to themselves out of greed. Not to mention the reformulation topic where they'll dilute a scent or recreate it with cheaper components once it becomes big.

Its all really quite crooked and thats before getting into the tinfoil convos I've had about various types of poison and designed endocrine disruption that goes on behind the scenes. Interesting isn't it that they never list their ingredients for fragrances (or cigarettes) whilst everything else must say so loud and clearly. Add in the fact that this business was built upon and based on the wastes of the petrochem industry and its makes you think about fragrant poisons...

It already has been for a few years on the design level. Since 2015 for certain a lot of scents have been assisted where the nose creates a formula and its fed into a machine learner which cross references what was popular, similar etc.. and they tweak it accordingly before focusing testing. A pure AI only scent hasn't been made yet, as far as I know but they have been working on it behind the scenes:

Why? Greater profit margins because then they own every single piece of the puzzle and could do what they want due to the aforementioned rationing of components so no one else could create smells like them.

Some folks I know are equally hard at work making their own captives but it requires a vast knowledge of chemistry and a decent lab so there will always be an underground in that sense because some dudes just won't quit.
:damn: