brehs lets talk cologne game

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
[USER=28547]@Charlie Hustle[/USER] what cologne do you use?
Just to name a few for different purposes

Cold weather

Creed - Green Irish Tweed (OG and FBO shea butter version)
Maison Martin Margiela - Jazz Club (FBO Version)
Tom Ford - Noir
Mugler - Pure Malt
Mugler - Pure Havanne

Warm Weather
Creed - Virgin Island Water (FBO shea butter)
Creed - Aventus (OG and FBO oil, shea butter)
Damien Stammers - Pineapple Vintage (FBO oil and shea butter)
Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules
Versace - Eros
The House of Oud - Keep Glazed (FBO shea butter) ***this is not a office scent, a little bit goes a long way***

Anytime scents
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (OG and FBO oil, shea butter)
Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male
Two Kings (FBO Creed Aventus/ Bacarrat 540 blend)
Tom Ford - Lost Cherry (FBO oil) *** a small dab goes a long way

Bond #9 - Scent of Peace

Next up on my purchase list
Tom Ford Electric Cherry (I'll probably get it from FBO)
Salt and Pepper - Precious liquids

Daps
Reppin
St louis
You’d be surprised at the doors you open, just because your dapper game is on point. On and off work.

I was told recently by a bank manager that a couple of women in the bank always give me express service when I come through the bank. Just because they like the scent I’m rocking and wanna get a closer whiff combined with me being part of handsome gang.

When you know how to rock a scent, the treatment you get from people is next level. @Cat piss martini knows what I’m talking about.
UKVu0t8.gif

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Just to name a few for different purposes

Cold weather

Maison Martin Margiela - Jazz Club (FBO Version)
Tom Ford - Noir
Mugler - Pure Malt
Mugler - Pure Havanne

Warm Weather
Creed - Virgin Island Water (FBO shea butter)
Creed - Aventus (OG and FBO oil, shea butter)
Damien Stammers - Pineapple Vintage (FBO oil and shea butter)
Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules
Versace - Eros
The House of Oud - Keep Glazed (FBO shea butter) ***this is not a office scent, a little bit goes a long way***

Anytime scents
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (OG and FBO oil, shea butter)
Jean Paul Gaultier - Le Male
Two Kings (FBO Creed Aventus/ Bacarrat 540 blend)
Tom Ford - Lost Cherry (FBO oil) *** a small dab goes a long way

Bond #9 - Scent of Peace

Next up on my purchase list
Tom Ford Electric Cherry (I'll probably get it from FBO)
Salt and Pepper - Precious liquids

😎😎😎😎😎

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just reupped from FBO. Grabbed some bottles for myself, and a couple my lady asked for. Decided to branch out with some new stuff, but made sure to get At the Barbers, since it's kind've my daily when it's not cold.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
How does the thread feel about clones? :jbhmm:
Black Orchid was a hit this weekend when I went out. Decided to wear it for work all week :pachaha:

1) These Youtubers have to be getting free product for them to always be finding these Middle Eastern knock offs.
2) The clones I buy are usually high dollar or discontinued joints. Like I couldn't find Roaring Radcliffe by Penhaligon's. So I copped the clone. Eventually I found the 5ml decant, and the clone was DEAD ON.

I'm not gonna buy the clone to Bleu de Chanel's parfum though.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
It all depends on if the OG they're cloning has captives. If it does then its a wrap as they can't mimic the same effect due to the components having different isomers as not all aroma chemicals are equal. Its like how a no sugar drink tastes similar but not quite in that respect as the thump is missing due to the approximation.

Thats the fragrance industries dirty little secret as they always keep the best for themselves as a captive, rinse it then release it to the world later after they've cooked up a fresh smell and the aroma template has got boring. That and there are tiers to the naturals and chemicals in the way that a Ferrari red is redder than a Hyundai. Those at the lower end of the scale very rarely get access to the same quality ingredients as those at the top of the food chain plus there is the whole thing about microdoses that the pros layer throughout the composition that give it that pop.

Its much like a movie scene vs shooting on your phone in that respect as its the processing that goes on privately to give it that gloss and sheen which is extremely hard to replicate if you know what you're smelling.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Also:

The world’s four largest fragrance suppliers were raided on Wednesday as part of a co-ordinated move by regulators to investigate overcharging and other anti-competitive practices in the industry.

Swiss companies Firmenich and Givaudan, Germany’s Symrise and US group International Flavors & Fragrances — which together control roughly 60 per cent of the market — are all under investigation for suspected collusion by antitrust authorities in Switzerland, the UK, the US and EU.

“There are suspicions that [the companies] have co-ordinated their pricing policy, prohibited their competitors from supplying certain customers and limited the production of certain fragrances,” Swiss competition regulator Comco said on Wednesday. It added that the companies were presumed not guilty while the investigation was under way.

The chemicals produced by the industry go into products from perfumes to toothpaste and detergents. In 2020, it was worth €39bn globally, according to the most recent available data from Euromonitor.

All four companies confirmed that they were under investigation.

Symrise said that it expected authorities to communicate the outcome of the investigation “in a timely manner”. The UK Competition and Markets Authority said it expected to have analysed all information gathered by early 2024.

Heinz-Jürgen Bertram, Symrise’s chief executive, said in a media call for the company’s annual results that it had “nothing to hide”. The group’s shares were down 3 per cent in morning trading before recovering in the afternoon. Givaudan’s shares initially fell more than 4 per cent, while IFF was down nearly 3 per cent after the market opened.

Privately owned Firmenich last year announced a €41bn plan to merge with the Dutch ingredients and bioscience group DSM, which was approved by DSM shareholders in January.

Under EU rules, penalties for companies involved in illegal cartel activity include fines of up to 10 per cent of global turnover.

Mark Jephcott, partner at law firm Simmons & Simmons, called the raids “noteworthy” because of the co-ordination across jurisdictions.

“It is fair to say that we are likely to see more of the same as the authorities get back fully into the swing following a hiatus during the pandemic,” he said.

The European Commission did not comment on the individual companies involved. But Brussels regulators announced inspections in the sector earlier this week. The commission said on Tuesday that it was concerned the companies “may have violated EU antitrust rules that prohibit cartels and restrictive business practices”.

Brussels said it was in touch with its counterparts in the US, the UK and Switzerland and that the inspections were carried out after consulting with them.

Its a wildly scheming business with immense profit margins and very low scruples that is set up just like a gangsters protection racket from the top down as things like this evidence. What you pay hundreds for doesn't cost anywhere near that really as its mainly marketing, exclusivity and the allure of niche for those who no longer buzz from the mainstream offerings.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
These small fragrance houses, I always wonder how profitable some of them are. Creed is gonna get they money. PDM is gonna make theirs. MFK and Amouage are going to stay paid.

How much is Vilhelm or Nasomatto pulling down? Byredo? Diptique...

5-700 releases come out every week, but fit the most part we only hear about the top 2-5.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
You've got to wonder because the days of an immense smash dominating the market, year out, year in are gone with the wind. The clonesharks will ensure that won't happen and the nets model of direct to consumer or bypassing retail generates profit but over the past two decades the signal to noise ratio has become immense.

A lot of these smaller houses are actually making their bread and butter by designing and creating commercial toilet fresheners and the scents that go in towel wipes as that is what keeps the lights on. The rest they're hoping to hit big which is why they astroturf the reviews and send out free bottles to get hypetrains rolling fron online reviewers just reading a script that says nice things.

The industry in whole is creatively bankrupt and has been for a while due to the aforementioned reasons because copying has become much easier with GCMS and there is so much money to be had. There are real talented noses out there that purposefully will not release their best works due to this and there is an underground movement trying to make it illegal to jack a formula then resell because its cheapening their skill set as creators.

If that kicks in we'll see an evolution in terms of creativity because people will start to push the limits in order to get that credit but its a complicated field. Much like sampling in that sense or, actually, chord progression and melody when it comes to music.

The worst thing about modern frags is how many of them are recycling bases so aside from the top notes and opening it ends up smelling identical in the end. That and from every 10 you sniff you'd be lucky to find one that is truly unique and different as there are so many variations on a theme whilst millions of accord combos sit untouched because most aren't creative enough to pair them up.