brehs lets talk cologne game

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
ive been with my girl for five years almost. i dont need cologne. but i like to see young men actually caring about their appearance :salute:

i hope straight razors make a comeback. best shave ever. get you a good blade and a strop. nothing like it.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Rotation this week
  1. Strangers Parfumerie - Salted Green Mango - Like the name, a green mango scent, Thai perfumer. Definitely a sunny day out type fragrance. I wouldn't go out of my way to cop this.
  2. Strangers Parfumerie - Scotch Peat - Your boy likes sin scents (cigs, cigars, whisky, rum, debauchery), and Scotch Peat is in that whisky frame of mind. If you've smelt Pure Malt, it's like that. It's not like Givenchy Gentleman Reserve Privee (that's the whisky scent of the moment) I might cop, just not a top 10 cop.
  3. Akro - Smoke - This is like campfire, on the grill, brisket coming off the smoker, brown sugar-ish?, It's like a tobacco scent you can wear in the summer time. 1 whiff of this, shot it up the list
  4. Strangers Parfumerie - Caffeine Honey - smells like coffee and honey. Type of joint for a night in with your broad.
  5. Creed - Tabarome Millesime - This is supposed to be a tobacco joint, but it's so faint. It's overwhelmed by WHITE florals, imo. Real rap, the only Creed joints i like - Green Irish Tweed (fresh cut grass), Virgin Island Water (pina colada) - for the price point, you can find other joints.
  6. Akro - Haze - Deep green, allegedly ganja. Not really my steez
  7. Royal Crown - Tabac Royal - I like Tobacco, this is an aight tobacco. Too floral for me.
  8. Tokyo Milk - Excess - I did not like the granola white girls in college - that's what this is. Patchouli.
  9. Aramis - Tobacco Reserve - I thought this was a Civil Rights era joint, but it's actually from 2018. The Tobacco is there, but not strong
  10. Akro - Dark - Chocolate Bar. Like Caffeine Honey, this is a curl up with your broad type joint. And it leans a bit feminine to me. Could prolly Mexicanize it a bit with some chili and cinnamon.
  11. Tiffany and Love - For Him - I hated this one at first, but it's a good palate cleanser. I would not go out and get out, but it's like a light version of Bleu de Chanel. Citrus, Spice, Woods. This is one of my first blind buys since getting in the game, and it probably just holds a special place in my heart.

Winner this week by a long shot - Akro's Smoke. Get your nose on this.
Smoke gave me a legit headache. Just not for me

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
ive been with my girl for five years almost. i dont need cologne. but i like to see young men actually caring about their appearance :salute:

i hope straight razors make a comeback. best shave ever. get you a good blade and a strop. nothing like it.

Respect. It’s not exactly about needing it. You want a bag of chips, you want a bottle of a scent.

Gone grab you something to sample and see what ya lady say. I’ll provide the discount code for you if I can find it.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Respect. It’s not exactly about needing it. You want a bag of chips, you want a bottle of a scent.

Gone grab you something to sample and see what ya lady say. I’ll provide the discount code for you if I can find it.
im good but i appreciate it... donate it to thecoli. im gonna throw a few bones their way too

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City

You’d be surprised at the doors you open, just because your dapper game is on point. On and off work.

I was told recently by a bank manager that a couple of women in the bank always give me express service when I come through the bank. Just because they like the scent I’m rocking and wanna get a closer whiff combined with me being part of handsome gang.

When you know how to rock a scent, the treatment you get from people is next level. @Cat piss martini knows what I’m talking about.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Was rocking YSL Tuxedo a few nights ago and I was at a dance spot with some friends. Some young jawn opened with me and said "You smell really nice!" Then she asked me my name. A lil confidence boost.

Tuxedo is one of my favorite patchouli scents. I also got my sister to smell some of my fragrances and she said Roja Elysium smells like tears :mjlol:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
One of the wildest thing about scents is how differently we all decode them. Not just in terms of our own noses and what we pick up but how the oils react with various peoples skins to create their own flex.

You can have two people wearing the same fragrance and one is rocking it and the other smells like a hot mess purely due to their respective skin chemistry. Obviously this happens more in the niche end than designer because they're made to circumvent this and create a standardized universal appeal.

Vetiver as a note can do that most obviously as can certain musks and oriental accords. Its interesting how you can never really smell how you smell to someone else but if you've ever done side by side experiments on differing skin types the outcome can be quite eye opening as its like sliding the EQ setting on a song via different systems as some notes pop here and are almost hidden there.

Really quite wild when you start sniffing into it with depth. Crazier still is how little we know about this sense and its workings on a fundamental level as no one has ever researched it thoroughly or mapped out a consistent working model.

Do any of you remember smelling in your dreams?

They say its impossible and doesn't happen but I disagree. Wondering how that vibes with the map of your internal territory?

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
You’d be surprised at the doors you open, just because your dapper game is on point. On and off work.

I was told recently by a bank manager that a couple of women in the bank always give me express service when I come through the bank. Just because they like the scent I’m rocking and wanna get a closer whiff combined with me being part of handsome gang.

When you know how to rock a scent, the treatment you get from people is next level. @Cat piss martini knows what I’m talking about.
@Charlie Hustle what cologne do you use?

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset

:lolbron: