brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Never caught the hype behind that one. To me it smells very effeminate.

Smelling this woman made it seem super feminine to me, not at all unisex.
Knowing the game a little bit, sometimes these type of scents on a man (plus a man's chemistry) has effect on females.

After getting the 5ml decant off the hype, this is already a not-buy. I gotta decide if this is a never wear (like Franck Boclet's Cocaine).

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Even though I have it I kind of agree. I always layer it and actually bought one called 2 Kingz from @BronxBomber . Mix of Aventus and 540 and is great. 540 just doesn't last long at all on my skin. Not nearly worth the price tag IMO.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Even though I have it I kind of agree. I always layer it and actually bought one called 2 Kingz from @BronxBomber . Mix of Aventus and 540 and is great. 540 just doesn't last long at all on my skin. Not nearly worth the price tag IMO.

Aventus and BR540?

What? Why?

Lemme stop yapping, I got both officials and I'll try that for today.

GentMan

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Attended a gala for a Black philanthropy event last night. Black tie dress code, so I wore a shawl lapel tuxedo. For any gala, orchestra, museum type events I highly recommend Maison Francis Kurkdijan's Grand Soir. Simple but expertly blended, 8 hr + performance and the scent trail is godly.

Has an air of posh and elegance to it. 2 Sprays max. This an opulent smell for an opulent night. Strictly for live men.....

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Aventus and BR540?

What? Why?

Lemme stop yapping, I got both officials and I'll try that for today.

I just got Two Kings in the mail today and just put a small drop on my wrist, rubbed both wrists together and rubbed my wrists along my neck. Its fire! Initially, I'm smelling more BR540 in the mix. The Aventus in the mix is very subtle. Trust me when I say alittle bit goes a long way.

@BronxBomber :salute:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I just got Two Kings in the mail today and just put a small drop on my wrist, rubbed both wrists together and rubbed my wrists along my neck. Its fire! Initially, I'm smelling more BR540 in the mix. The Aventus in the mix is very subtle. Trust me when I say alittle bit goes a long way.

@BronxBomber :salute:
That's literally what I did. 540 overwhelmed the Aventus. I'm still not in the layering camp.

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps
Been testing the "Game Time" sample from Alexandria Fragrances. Its a mix of Creed Aventus and Baccarat Rouge 540 Extrait.
3 sprays is all you need with this, performance and longevity are all day. The smokey pineapple of the Aventus and the sweet saffron of the BR540 make for a compelling and versatile scent.

I know layering hasn't been talked about a lot in this thread but if you know what you're doing or just want to experiment, try out layering. Check out FragrantBodyOilz "2 Kings" if you're looking for an oil combo of the two. Another solid Fall/Winter combo is Mercedes Benz Club Black and Givenchy Pi.

"Scent is the invisible accessory that adds depth to one's presence, leaving a lasting impression long after they've gone."
Hmmmm the extrait, may have to try that. The variable that most people don't realize is Aventus has so many batches, so our Aventus is OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Ive literally been selling Aventus for almost 10 years. So ours is not a sweet as some of the newer ones. We actually carried 2 different Aventus for about a year. We just kept getting folks who were confused, so we stayed with the OG... So be mindful when you get Aventus they won't all smell the same.
@BronxBomber I went crazy on your site again last weekend with the Superbowl sale and I regret nothing.

Tobacolor concentrated spray-I actually wore this yesterday and man this is was just perfect for the weather. The smoky tobacco, plum, and peach is just crazy in this. Projection is a good 3 feet and lasted all day. Definitely a winter scent

Bohemian Lime CS- I tried the dram at first and instantly needed the concentrated spray. Just very pleasant fruity lime summer scent. I can't wait to layer this with Under The Lemon tree and possibly Molecule 01 and Mandarin. Might be my summer scent.

Bleeker Street CS- Everyone already knows what this one smells like. Its right behind Lafayette Street and maybe Scent of Peace. Really diverse

Boadicea CS- This shyt is crazy. Got the free sample with a previous order and had to get the concentrated spray. Cherry, vanilla, and almonds but smooth as hell. This is dangerous.

The Office CS- I got this one mainly when I can't decide what to wear to work. A great scent with citrus and musk but sort of safe which is what I need at times.

Greenwich Village CS- Really fresh and fruity. Versatile but this is more of a spring fragrance IMO.

At The Barbers CS- Cant go wrong with this. Smells exactly how you'd expect. Might have to grab this car spray from the site for this one.

Royal Vanilla CS- I got the dram and needed the CS. Gotta be careful with this one b/c after the drydown this last all day long.

OK now the soap that came with my order... @BronxBomber this shyt was called Kutay..... :banderas: . I'm gonna need you to make the CS and car spray immediately. This shyt smells delicious like whiskey, caramel , and vanilla. Reading up on it I hear its a powerhouse and last all day long.
Probably gonna go for Scandal, Crab Apple, and Mr. Burberry next.

I also went and copped some Discovery Sets from Navitus Parfums.
-Vivamor-11 scents (5mL bottles)
-Navitus-15 scents (5mL bottles)

I liked most of them but would only buy a full bottle of these:
Vivamor-I think this was my favorite one and will be split with Bohemian Lime during the summer. Pineapple, Lemon and pink pepper
The Key- Summer scent all day. Grapefruit, lemon, and a hint of gin (I hate gin but its amazing in this)
Venom of Love- I really like this shyt and can't stop smelling it. Cherry, chocolate, rose, and almonds
Raised Spirits- This is a straight up bar hopping going out for the night scent. Smells like rum and pimento olives and a little bit of sweet chocolate.
Ultimate Aphrodisiac- Winter fragrance and a delicious gourmand. Cinnamon, peanut butter, praline, and coffee.
Akoya-Sweet and definite summer scent. Pineapples and mint. Gonna have a hard time this summer.
Urbane- Super fresh and clean. Reminds me of Scent of Peace but a little more smooth.
Its some more that I really likes but those were my favorites.

Good looking on the support, I mean purchasing and then posting. I wish I could show y'all how many of our folks give us a crazy time even though we literally bend over backwards to educate and keep these high end fragrances low cost for OUR folks. Anyways Salute!

Yea I think we going to drop Kutay today, it is WILD strong, its weird because one day I HATE it next day Im like you know this aint bad, Im not partial to really strong fragrance so I think that's what throws me off. That being said we have a monster dropping in a couple of weeks. Blue Sapphire Supercharged by BTV. CRAZYYYYyyyyy Love it and it's different. Also Missing Person which is normally my speed, cause I like subtle, like yoooo who is smelling like that steez.... I went from loving Creed, to Kilian, to Goldfield and Banks, but Im pretty sure BTV is my favorite line now. It's pricey, when we get them made we usually have to shell out maybe $300-$800 depending on which fragrance. I never talk about these high end joints being worth it but man it's fire. That Bodacious is my joint when Im feeling jovial.

I could speak all day on it but again appreciate you:salute:

Honestly Im not sure if it responds to everyone the same it is also amazingly deceptive, literally had a customer come in say I can't smell the 540 on me, they are leaving and someone says you smell amazing.... You will not smell 540 on yourself most times. We have also found because of the high Vanilla content and maceration, it gets stronger over time and exposure to oxygen.

I won't go in all the way but so many factors in how fragrances perform. Throw the 540 on the counter and let it sit a couple of weeks, and revisit it.

Attended a gala for a Black philanthropy event last night. Black tie dress code, so I wore a shawl lapel tuxedo. For any gala, orchestra, museum type events I highly recommend Maison Francis Kurkdijan's Grand Soir. Simple but expertly blended, 8 hr + performance and the scent trail is godly.

Has an air of posh and elegance to it. 2 Sprays max. This an opulent smell for an opulent night. Strictly for live men.....

:sas1:

I’m good with the 540 being more of the dominant scent. I actually prefer Pineapple Vintage over Aventus.

The only thing that I’ve layered in the past is Molecule One

Pineapple Vintage is fire.

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps

It ushered in a new fragrance profile, similar to how Issey Miyake did, I think it is more feminine, but huge feminine men profiles like entire Jean Paul line, and many of the high end niche fragrances.

Honestly its kinda how you rock them too

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Good looking on the support, I mean purchasing and then posting. I wish I could show y'all how many of our folks give us a crazy time even though we literally bend over backwards to educate and keep these high end fragrances low cost for OUR folks. Anyways Salute!

Yea I think we going to drop Kutay today, it is WILD strong, its weird because one day I HATE it next day Im like you know this aint bad, Im not partial to really strong fragrance so I think that's what throws me off. That being said we have a monster dropping in a couple of weeks. Blue Sapphire Supercharged by BTV. CRAZYYYYyyyyy Love it and it's different. Also Missing Person which is normally my speed, cause I like subtle, like yoooo who is smelling like that steez.... I went from loving Creed, to Kilian, to Goldfield and Banks, but Im pretty sure BTV is my favorite line now. It's pricey, when we get them made we usually have to shell out maybe $300-$800 depending on which fragrance. I never talk about these high end joints being worth it but man it's fire. That Bodacious is my joint when Im feeling jovial.

I could speak all day on it but again appreciate you:salute:

Honestly Im not sure if it responds to everyone the same it is also amazingly deceptive, literally had a customer come in say I can't smell the 540 on me, they are leaving and someone says you smell amazing.... You will not smell 540 on yourself most times. We have also found because of the high Vanilla content and maceration, it gets stronger over time and exposure to oxygen.

I won't go in all the way but so many factors in how fragrances perform. Throw the 540 on the counter and let it sit a couple of weeks, and revisit it.

:sas1:

Pineapple Vintage is fire.
Oooo boy. I have Aqua Sapphire, Torero, Green Sapphire, and Amethyst from your site and just love everything I've smelled from BTV. Waiting for Michelin Star to be back in stock. Darian (BowtieFragranceGuy) lives by BTV. He always mentions Blue Sapphire and Valiant. I also got a dram of The King and that shyt just smells royal. Like you said the line is expensive but from what I've smelled it has me considering at least getting decants of the entire line.

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps
Oooo boy. I have Aqua Sapphire, Torero, Green Sapphire, and Amethyst from your site and just love everything I've smelled from BTV. Waiting for Michelin Star to be back in stock. Darian (BowtieFragranceGuy) lives by BTV. He always mentions Blue Sapphire and Valiant. I also got a dram of The King and that shyt just smells royal. Like you said the line is expensive but from what I've smelled it has me considering at least getting decants of the entire line.
Listen man the Blue Sapphire is amazing, I haven't smelled the Valiant, we are going to have the full Kay-Ali line too which is for LIVE MEN. Cause it's like 8 fragrances that are meant to compliment each other and layer. Im not sure exactly sure how we will launch but man.... It's an interesting concept for real fragrance heads.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City

With 540 you gotta go extra light when applying it. A little bit really does go a long way and its easy to put to much on, especially if the weather is warm and humid. A tiny bit will have you smelling like royalty. Too much will have you smelling like a expensive french whore.