brehs lets talk cologne game

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I ordered like 7 samples the other day. I should get them this weekend or Monday.

Did it from Scent Split. I’ve heard of other websites. Are those better?
Scentsplit is one of the top dogs, imo. They have a lot of the more expensive joints.

Lucky Scent and Indie Scents are also good once you graduate from regular designer scents.

It's a journey, and a rather expensive one as that. Take it slow.

It's interesting how many fragrance influencers have 10s of thousands of dollars in their collections.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Scentsplit is one of the top dogs, imo. They have a lot of the more expensive joints.

Lucky Scent and Indie Scents are also good once you graduate from regular designer scents.

It's a journey, and a rather expensive one as that. Take it slow.

It's interesting how many fragrance influencers have 10s of thousands of dollars in their collections.
I said the same thing but a lot of them get sent free shyt..

I was watching one girl who had I think like 20k subscribers say Roja sent her almost their entire line over time..

I have around 30 or so samples I ordered but they're only 1ml a piece..

Baccarat leans very feminine.. in fact the only person I know that wears it is a girl.. but a guy can wear it..

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Sotd Thallium and sote will be Pure Tonka and will be rocked at a haunted house tonight.
PKExsS5.jpg

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps
Just released a 48 Hour Boadicea bundle... ;)

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
a nice winter parfum please?

Don't know what you already have, your budget, or your taste.

Viktor and Rolf - Spicebomb Extreme. - $$

Christian Dior - Sauvage Elixir - updated Drakkar Noir $$$

Armani - Stronger with You - a chestnut; $$

Maison Martin Margiela - By the fireplace - toasted Marshmallow $$

Creed - Viking - very strong, smells like Christmas/potpourri to me. $$$

Frederick Malle - Musc Ravageur - it's got musk i e. Animal essence and spices. Super hyped, definitely get your nose on it. $$$

Tom Ford - Ebene Fume - smells like Christmas Mass, not sweet, deep smokiness and incense. The bottle is pretty, but the price is not. $$$$

As always never get the full bottle, always cop a sample that you can wear for a month before you pull the trigger.

This has been asked a couple times in the thread, and I've put in my two cents on fall/cold weather stuff a few times.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Don't know what you already have, your budget, or your taste.

Viktor and Rolf - Spicebomb Extreme. - $$

Christian Dior - Sauvage Elixir - updated Drakkar Noir $$$

Armani - Stronger with You - a chestnut; $$

Maison Martin Margiela - By the fireplace - toasted Marshmallow $$

Creed - Viking - very strong, smells like Christmas/potpourri to me. $$$

Frederick Malle - Musc Ravageur - it's got musk i e. Animal essence and spices. Super hyped, definitely get your nose on it. $$$

Tom Ford - Ebene Fume - smells like Christmas Mass, not sweet, deep smokiness and incense. The bottle is pretty, but the price is not. $$$$

As always never get the full bottle, always cop a sample that you can wear for a month before you pull the trigger.

This has been asked a couple times in the thread, and I've put in my two cents on fall/cold weather stuff a few times.
Above 150 bucks is my budget, nothing less than that

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Above 150 bucks is my budget, nothing less than that
Viking, Musc Ravageur, and Ebene Fume meet that. Sauvage Elixir is in that price range, but it's definitely a designer.

Everything here is what I would call beginner niche. Beginner Niche and Designer Private Line - are generally in that 150+ price category.

Parfum De Marly - Herod (Cinnamon, Tobacco, Vanilla), Carlisle (Menthol, Nutmeg Vanilla), Pegasus, Habdan (Saffron, Apple, Amber), and Oajan (cinnamon honey) - are also strong winter scents, good projection and longevity.

Xerjoff - Naxos - Honey Tobacco - I like this, but I don't love this. However a lot of the folks in the fragrance community swear by it.
Nishane - Ani - Ginger, Cardamom, Vanilla, Sandalwood and Patchouli - I don't reach for this as much as I should.
Nasomatto - Pardon - Dark Chocolate, Cinnamon, Sandalwood, and a touch of Oud - Not an oud dominant scent at all. The juice is green, but it's not a green scent. Spicy, Woody, maybe some patchouli...
Nasomatto - Baraonda - Whisky, Woods, Musk - The "whisky" in this is what I get the most. It's vaguely sweet, but more spicy to my nose.
Penhaligon's - Roaring Radcliff - I really had to hunt this down, as it's discontinued, but if money's no object - Rum, Tobacco, Gingerbread - it's a good scent without being super in your face. (Burberry London is also in this vein, just not as expensive)

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Never buy a full bottle of anything, before you test it out. And I mean rock it for a few weeks.

I ended up getting a few samples off the strength of this post a few pages back to test out a few I was interested in buying full size. S/O to you. I really wanted to like PDM Herod but it didn't perform well on me, 2 hours top..maybe it was a bad batch. Layton on the other hand was a monster so I'll probably pick that up. Also tried TF Tuscan Leather and that was the most horrific thing I ever got my nose on

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I ended up getting a few samples off the strength of this post a few pages back to test out a few I was interested in buying full size. S/O to you. I really wanted to like PDM Herod but it didn't perform well on me, 2 hours top..maybe it was a bad batch. Layton on the other hand was a monster so I'll probably pick that up. Also tried TF Tuscan Leather and that was the most horrific thing I ever got my nose on

Much obliged.

Tuscan Leather smells like an Ashtray instead of Leather. But if you keep rocking it, your nose will get used to it, and you'll eventually smell raspberries in it.

In terms of performance - 3 sprays on warm parts of the body
  • Cologne after shower
    • or/and
  • Cologne after a bit of moisturization
    • or/and
  • Cologne on your skin AND on your clothing.

Herod is not as strong as Spicebomb to me, but it gets the job done.

The other thing is that you might go "anosmic" - it's still on, but you can't smell it.