Votes: 34 47.2%

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Haven't watched season 4 in ages but one thing that still bothers me is how Bubbles managed to get off for killing Sherrod.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
very profound observation

snoop was really bout that life

Published on Aug 8, 2011

The actress best known for her role on HBO’s "The Wire" pleaded guilty Monday to conspiracy to distribute heroin.

Snoop is Snoop in real life. Kenard, on the other hand...

I've seen seasons 1-4 nine times over the years. Partly because I had an HBO connect way back when and used to get the show ahead of time, then put my peoples on. So I sat through all the seasons with mad different people.

Anyway, after all those viewings, some characters and plotlines definitely hold up better than others.

Favorite characters after multiple viewings:

Avon, Bunk, Bodie, Landsman, Lester, Bunny, Slim Charles, Bey. In no order. Wood Harris owns almost every scene he's in.

Least favorite:

Kima's girlfriend, all of Omar's boyfriends, Cheese, Ziggy, Bernard and Squeak.

Burrell, Clay Davis, and Brother Mouzone get cornier with each viewing.

Only seen Season 5 once, I refuse to go back to it.

Favorite seasons in order:

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Snoop is Snoop in real life. Kenard, on the other hand...

I've seen seasons 1-4 nine times over the years. Partly because I had an HBO connect way back when and used to get the show ahead of time, then put my peoples on. So I sat through all the seasons with mad different people.

Anyway, after all those viewings, some characters and plotlines definitely hold up better than others.

Favorite characters after multiple viewings:

Avon, Bunk, Bodie, Landsman, Lester, Bunny, Slim Charles, Bey. In no order. Wood Harris owns almost every scene he's in.

Least favorite:

Only seen Season 5 once, I refuse to go back to it.

Favorite seasons in order:

the character played by Khandi Alexander, Fran Boyd is a distant relative ... i can't count how many times i re-watched the series and the corner by charles dutton.
10-4 on season 5.....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1036343/

Donnie Andrews and Fran Boyd
19vows.600.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/f...l=1&adxnnlx=1393422203-e4J1T4LKyFTLh4kaasocfA

th

KhandiTheCorner-300x197.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Only AFTER watching the series for the first time did I go online and learn about the negative attitude towards Season 2 and to be honest I was kinda shocked cause the thought never even entered my head as I was watchin it. Not once did Season 2 ever feel like a "weak" season. I loved the shyt with the docks, the union workers, all of it. I loved the story.

The biggest mark against it would have to be Ziggy. The character was written just fine but the actor playing him was terrible and he was more annoying than pitiful. And he had A LOT of screen time. Sometimes I couldn't wait for scenes with him to be over.

Daps
Only AFTER watching the series for the first time did I go online and learn about the negative attitude towards Season 2 and to be honest I was kinda shocked cause the thought never even entered my head as I was watchin it. Not once did Season 2 ever feel like a "weak" season. I loved the shyt with the docks, the union workers, all of it. I loved the story.

The biggest mark against it would have to be Ziggy. The character was written just fine but the actor playing him was terrible and he was more annoying than pitiful. And he had A LOT of screen time. Sometimes I couldn't wait for scenes with him to be over.

Did you watch season 2 'live' or after the fact?

Watching it live, I disliked season two cuz it felt like white washing and going away from the characters we came to love from the first season. I'd imagine those concerns are less apparent whilst binge watching. When I rewatched the series (knowing how the latter seasons shaped up) season two was much better than I have credit for during my first viewing.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Did you watch season 2 'live' or after the fact?

Watching it live, I disliked season two cuz it felt like white washing and going away from the characters we came to love from the first season. I'd imagine those concerns are less apparent whilst binge watching. When I rewatched the series (knowing how the latter seasons shaped up) season two was much better than I have credit for during my first viewing.

That's a decent point I guess. Nah I didn't watch the show live like everyone else. I caught up about a year after the show had wrapped up. So yea I could see where you're comin from.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wood Harris owns almost every scene he's in.

Least favorite:

:myman: at the bolded...feel like avon doesnt get the love he should.

that scene when he gives cutty the money for the gym might be my favorite scene in the series

feel like your least favorite list is missing a couple horrible characters....templeton, johnny, that dirty cop who broke donuts fingers & that scumbag who kept robbin bubs in the 4th season come to mind:manny:

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:myman: at the bolded...feel like avon doesnt get the love he should.

that scene when he gives cutty the money for the gym might be my favorite scene in the series

feel like your least favorite list is missing a couple horrible characters....templeton, johnny, that dirty cop who broke donuts fingers & that scumbag who kept robbin bubs in the 4th season come to mind:manny:

Def true on officer Walker. On those other dudes, nah. I don't really acknowledge season 5 at all, so I can't list them.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Winning at street life is losing at real life. Being the best of the demons is not something to strive for, friend. It's so demonic.
He escaped a demonic lifestyle with his life and now has an opportunity to find Christ. Ever day you're alive with peace, is a blessing like amen.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:heh: No he didn't. Did you watch the final scene? Homie went right back to them skreets. It's so demonic, friend.
You didnt look at the symbolism of that scene. Despite realizing he won he stil had that thirst to have his name ring in the streets. He felt his first taste of vulnerability when he tried to do that and you can tell by the look on his face that he realized it was over and he needed to hang it up.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
You didnt look at the symbolism of that scene. Despite realizing he won he stil had that thirst to have his name ring in the streets. He felt his first taste of vulnerability when he tried to do that and you can tell by the look on his face that he realized it was over and he needed to hang it up.

Nah, breh. That was the "fukk this legit shyt, I'm going back to what I know and love" face.