Votes: 34 47.2%

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:what: He lied about having to go to the bathroom and dipped out of the lil shindig to literally go hit the block. He ran up on some nikkas and got into a fight, nearly getting shot in the face in the process. :wtf:
Doesnt mean hes going back to the street life. He went to an environment he felt more comfortable in just to get that feeling and realized, it was no longer for him. He sold his connections and has no more power in the street friend. It was over.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I could go on all day about The Wire.

Season 4 is probably the best but also the most important series in television history, not to mention heartbreaking. One of the scenes the hit me the most are when Mike and Dukie go to Six Flags for the day. It shows what their lives could have been as kids in a normal environment. It was sunny, they were bagging girls and just being playful and happy in general....only to have to go back to B-More on the corner and face Monk's miserable ass talking about "nice dolphin nikka". Randy would have been a young entrepreneur in any other environment. Those scenes alone should be a lesson to kids who don't live in the ghetto to be grateful and not try to emulate a life they're lucky not to have to face.

EDIT: Also, it was amazing that the scene in the beginning with that jealous dude whose name I forgot caused an entire tragic domino effect throughout the whole season. Genius writing.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^^^You talking bout Lex.

The Prop Joe slander I read must end. Joe didnt tell Marlo how he ran his whole operation. Joe was just giving Marlo pointers on how to wash his money and where to stash it. After Omar robbed the entire CO-OP shipment in S4, Joe had a meet w/ Spiros and I don't recall if the core Co-op members were all there, but Marlo was. It was just so Spiro's could assure them none of his ppl had anything to do with stick up. From there Marlo and Chris tailed Spiro's to find out more about them, then eventually stepped to them about doing business. Joe kinda had to do that (the meet). You can't rob a bunch of rich, killer drug dealers and nobody is demanding answers. And Marlo didn't know where Joe rested his head. That was all set up by Cheese.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Joe didnt tell Marlo how he ran his whole operation....

Joe was just giving Marlo pointers on how to wash his money and where to stash it. After Omar robbed the entire CO-OP shipment in S4, Joe had a meet w/ Spiros and I don't recall if the core Co-op members were all there, but Marlo was.

:heh:

That's exactly what we're talking about breh.

There is zero reason for Prop to be out there holding Marlo's hand like that. Nor was there any reason to bring Marlo around Spiros. This is a guy that was notorious for being a lone wolf, interact with him at the co-op, that's it.

And Prop Joe's dumb ass was sitting there talking about :to:"bu bu but....I treated you like a son". So nah, in his mind they were becoming friends. Which again, is completely out of character for someone as savvy as Prop Joe.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I also like how in Season 4 you saw the transition from Avon and Stringer to Marlo and Chris. It's like you're lookin at the past and the future at the same time. Cause if you really wanna see what Avon was like when he was younger all you gotta do is look at Marlo. Just a young nikka lookin to take over the world.

But at the same time Marlo learned from Avon's mistakes so he was able to play the game at a higher level. Like Marlo saw Avon get taken out by a wire, so Marlo knows the only time to ever speak on anything important is outdoors and in the company of the only person he trusts.

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
I could go on all day about The Wire.

Season 4 is probably the best but also the most important series in television history, not to mention heartbreaking. One of the scenes the hit me the most are when Mike and Dukie go to Six Flags for the day. It shows what their lives could have been as kids in a normal environment. It was sunny, they were bagging girls and just being playful and happy in general....only to have to go back to B-More on the corner and face Monk's miserable ass talking about "nice dolphin nikka". Randy would have been a young entrepreneur in any other environment. Those scenes alone should be a lesson to kids who don't live in the ghetto to be grateful and not try to emulate a life they're lucky not to have to face.

EDIT: Also, it was amazing that the scene in the beginning with that jealous dude whose name I forgot caused an entire tragic domino effect throughout the whole season. Genius writing.
It's nobodys fault but Randy's that he would snitch in a heartbeat at the first sign of trouble.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:heh:

That's exactly what we're talking about breh.

There is zero reason for Prop to be out there holding Marlo's hand like that. Nor was there any reason to bring Marlo around Spiros. This is a guy that was notorious for being a lone wolf, interact with him at the co-op, that's it.

And Prop Joe's dumb ass was sitting there talking about :to:"bu bu but....I treated you like a son". So nah, in his mind they were becoming friends. Which again, is completely out of character for someone as savvy as Prop Joe.

Fred.

The Prop Joe slander I read must end. Joe didnt tell Marlo how he ran his whole operation. Joe was just giving Marlo pointers on how to wash his money and where to stash it. After Omar robbed the entire CO-OP shipment in S4, Joe had a meet w/ Spiros and I don't recall if the core Co-op members were all there, but Marlo was. It was just so Spiro's could assure them none of his ppl had anything to do with stick up. From there Marlo and Chris tailed Spiro's to find out more about them, then eventually stepped to them about doing business. Joe kinda had to do that (the meet). You can't rob a bunch of rich, killer drug dealers and nobody is demanding answers. And Marlo didn't know where Joe rested his head. That was all set up by Cheese.

The bolded is why he wasn't "holding Marlo's hand" and the reason it needed to be done (in his mind). As for "bu bu but....I treated you like a son" :manny: that's a dead man talking. Marlo was the most feared cat in Baltimore at that point. Joe was pleading for his life. Keep in mind, Cheese gave Joe up to Marlo and Chris. They didn't know where he rested without Cheese. They got him at the only moment they could have; no muscle around except his grimey, double crossing nephew.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season2>3
Doc-Rivers.gif