Brehs im starting to think Wiseman will be a bust

Daps
I disagree.. he changed shots in the paint, he fought for some rebounds they would have not gotten otherwise. He's playing a simple game and he's been effective. The screens are still a bit soft but improved, so I suspect that he will continue to improve there.
You say he changed shots in the paint, but did he change them to any greater degree than any other 7fter would have? I mean, the Lakers went 6 out of 9 from the field against him, so he wasn't exactly effective, was he? The Lakers offense came alive during both his stints on the floor.

He didn't really fight for many rebounds. As I stated previously, six out of his seven rebounds were uncontested. The only fighting he did to grab his boards was with his teammates. In fact, there were quite a few times where he struggled to get proper defensive positioning when banging down low.

He's 21 years old, and has been in the league for 2-3 years now, what makes you think that he's going to utilize his body properly for simple shyt like setting screens to a level where he's going to become a player worth talking about? If you're a big man, you've developed this long before you even come into the league. It's something you literally do not need to practice. You ever have a desire to use your body properly, or you don't.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
the big man who has no passing chops and can't defend or screen is a good fit for the warriors system, but the ROY and 2nd year All-Star who can pass, shoot, and read the game is a bad fit?

Yes because they have curry.... ball would be playing a Jordan Poole role on the warriors... but he's better suited as a starter. Poole will take over the reigns as curry ages... Lamelo is ready now thats why he has his own team

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
You say he changed shots in the paint, but did he change them to any greater degree than any other 7fter would have? I mean, the Lakers went 6 out of 9 from the field against him, so he wasn't exactly effective, was he? The Lakers offense came alive during both his stints on the floor.

He didn't really fight for many rebounds. As I stated previously, six out of his seven rebounds were uncontested. The only fighting he did to grab his boards was with his teammates. In fact, there were quite a few times where he struggled to get proper defensive positioning when banging down low.

He's 21 years old, and has been in the league for 2-3 years now, what makes you think that he's going to utilize his body properly for simple shyt like setting screens to a level where he's going to become a player worth talking about? If you're a big man, you've developed this long before you even come into the league. It's something you literally do not need to practice. You ever have a desire to use your body properly, or you don't.

Warriors drafted him for a reason. I think the organization knows what they are doing at this point. This is his first game back.... let it play out

Daps
Warriors drafted him for a reason. I think the organization knows what they are doing at this point. This is his first game back.... let it play out
They drafted him purely because he was a center and they didn’t have one (it’s been a position they’ve never really had stability at). Not because he was the best player.

Them drafting Wiseman is the equivalent to a breh never getting with a white girl before and thought they needed to, and instead of picking up a legit PAWG, they bring back something to the crib whose body type resembles your dirty laundry thrown in a heap on the floor, both in shape and smell.

Robbo

All Star
Daps

But the Warriors don't have another 7 footer so he is something they need at a cheaper price than they would pay for the equivalent

I always saw him fight for rebounds that went to other teammates.

I think it's hollow to push the same agenda after watching a different player in game 1.. it's fair to assume that he will continue to get better

Daps
But the Warriors don't have another 7 footer so he is something they need at a cheaper price than they would pay for the equivalent

I always saw him fight for rebounds that went to other teammates.

I think it's hollow to push the same agenda after watching a different player in game 1.. it's fair to assume that he will continue to get better
The same agenda is being pushed because he's the same player. What differences you see in his game are trivial. I should hope he's not as bad as Year 1, but that doesn't mean he's changed as a player. The fact he still doesn't utilize his body properly at 21 should tell you all you need to know.

To save us going around in circles - what are you expectations for him?

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Yes because they have curry.... ball would be playing a Jordan Poole role on the warriors... but he's better suited as a starter. Poole will take over the reigns as curry ages... Lamelo is ready now thats why he has his own team
This makes no sense as an argument. It proves my point. They made wiseman start his rookie year. With Klay hurt, Lamelo would’ve started and would’ve been effective. Rookie LaMelo would be perfect as an on-ball guard. And poole would still develop because he has an incredible work ethic.

The “Poole wouldn’t have developed if we drafted lamelo” and “lamelo is a bad fit for the warriors” talking points is literally cope for not taking the star over a guy that only got drafted because “he so tall, he jump high”. This situation is no different than the Kings taking Bagley over Luka, or Suns fans saying that Ayton was the right choice because they already have Booker, so Luka wouldn’t develop.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
The same agenda is being pushed because he's the same player. What differences you see in his game are trivial. I should hope he's not as bad as Year 1, but that doesn't mean he's changed as a player. The fact he still doesn't utilize his body properly at 21 should tell you all you need to know.

To save us going around in circles - what are you expectations for him?

Set screens, get easy buckets, prevent other teams big men from getting an automatic advantage due to size, block shots, run the floor, show patience on offense