Brehs im starting to think Wiseman will be a bust

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
i genuinely dont remember posting that. i also didnt reply to u in that post, so u mustve been keeping track. Again, welcome to the fan experience. I actually said good things about the players a lot, but when they played badly, i talked about that too. You could actually find a ton of my posts in that thread saying positive things about players, but if you only wanna get mad when i call out players for playing badly, that's your business.

The post above the one u quoted was me talking about how Steph was shooting 38% from the field over the last EIGHTEEN games. one of those games included a game where he shot 17% from the field and 10% from 3 on 10 attempts (vs Miami)

It's almost as if the entire thread is negative when the warriors are losing, and positive when they are winning... :jbhmm:
The very next game in that thread.

nikkas hate my posts but don't wanna hit the ignore button... :hubie:
Well if I put you on ignore I would no longer be able to see the Warriors season thread since you created it (by the way where is blackthoughts aka GOAT Squad Spokerson? I truly believe the homie passed away) … Anyways you got it bro, I’m totally the only Warriors fan that has ever been rubbed the wrong way from your pessimism :troll:

This shyt isn’t that deep, I just happened to have time today :manny:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
@Don Homer, I ain't eem mad atcha. My son is a similar fan, he's quick to get on them. I think my being so damn :old: and having been a fan since before Corey Maggette was a key off season signing :sadcam: .......so I can excuse some losses as 'whatever'.

But put you on ignore? :childplease:

:russ:

You still one of the guys breh....

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Well if I put you on ignore I would no longer be able to see the Warriors season thread since you created it (by the way where is blackthoughts aka GOAT Squad Spokerson? I truly believe the homie passed away) … Anyways you got it bro, I’m totally the only Warriors fan that has ever been rubbed the wrong way from your pessimism :troll:

This shyt isn’t that deep, I just happened to have time today :manny:
tbf, i specifically waited for @Waterproof to make the thread. no one else spoke up....but u wouldn't put me on ignore regardless so i guess it doesnt matter :yeshrug:

but u right tho. U might just have to be in ur feelings over my posts all season again :wow:

it ain't that deep tho, right :sas2:
@Don Homer, I ain't eem mad atcha. My son is a similar fan, he's quick to get on them. I think my being so damn :old: and having been a fan since before Corey Maggette was a key off season signing :sadcam: .......so I can excuse some losses as 'whatever'.

i only care if the team is contending. I watched all the games for the 2020 warriors and didn't care about the losses bc i knew they were bad, especially after steph broke his hand. but if i think they have a legit shot at the chip, im getting into it.

Last edited:

Robbo

All Star
Daps

It's definitely an age thing. I used to get annoyed by the flip flopping but he's just being a passionate fan in real time... I've been there and been that irrational. Just gotta ride it out... dude is cool..but needs to learn to take that L and move on :mjgrin:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
It's definitely an age thing. I used to get annoyed by the flip flopping but he's just being a passionate fan in real time... I've been there and been that irrational. Just gotta ride it out... dude is cool..but needs to learn to take that L and move on :mjgrin:
pretty much that.
it's not even about L's or W's. if the team (or a player) is playing terribly, i say something about it. they gotta ban me if they want that to change :wow:

Last edited:
Daps
Let's have a closer look at his performance:

0.37sec - notice how he doesn't even screen properly on this DHO, which allows Reeves to stay on Steph's hip, and then AD stays within reach and blocks him at the rim. If he knew how to utilize his 7ft frame properly, he could've stonewalled Reeves, forcing AD to come right up, and he would've had an easy rim run.

1.12sec - again, his screen on this play is bad to the point he literally doesn't even touch Pat Bev, and is bailed out by the fact the Lakers are playing Wenyen Gabriel at the 5 (a 6-9, undrafted G-League player) and he has absolutely no sense of where to be,. Wiseman gets an easy rim run, which he goes up soft and only just finishes.

1.23sec - once again, another poor screen where he merely touches Pat Bev with a swipe of the arm, and there's Wenyen Gabriel at the 5 caught unawares again, and Wiseman gets another easy rim run.

2.17sec - and again, hardly any contact with his screen on Pat Bev, and the Lakers are running some pseudo-small ball lineup (Pat Bev, Westbrook, Matt Ryan, Bron and JTA), and there's absolutely no legitimate defensive resistance to stop any traffic coming down the center of the floor. Wiseman slips into the paint and gets an easy shot against a 6-6 white boy, who's never played in the NBA before.

- Three out of his four field goals came against little-to-no defensive pressure on rim runs, and they were up against lineups with a G-League player who doesn't even play at the 5 on the regular. Other than that, he struggled mightily to get his own offense going (it's telling that his nerves got the best of him when he got fouled and sent to the line).
- On his defensive matchups (Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors Oct 18, 2022 Box Scores | NBA.com) he allowed 6 out of 9 field-goals for 15 points (includes the FTs he gave up when taken off-the-dribble) all in a matter of 17 minutes; he got caught out on numerous occasions when needing to rotate, recover and move his feet. If he's not put in a situation where he can directly contest at the rim, he's pretty damn clueless on what to do.
- Six out of his seven rebounds were uncontested (on the majority of them there wasn't even a Lakers player in the frame).
- He had the worst net-rating on the team; the Lakers sparked both of their big runs when he was on the floor.

Essentially, this was your typical JaVale McGee performance: one highlight defensive block, mixed in with poor overall defensive awareness and gameplay, and a few rim runs to get his points. Otherwise, it was a pretty uneventful game for him. This is the same content we've seen from him since his rookie season, he's just not as bad as he used to be, which doesn't mean much because it's not like he's improved by any notable measure, he's just not as glaringly bad.

@CSquare43 @BigMoneyGrip @Chabot College @Scholar @Serious @Don Homer

Last edited:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
First of all @Gil Scott-Heroin & @Walt:

Yeah, Wise wasn't good last night. :hubie:

To me, he looked shook, first real game in a long time. He looked much better overall in preseason than last night.

But, when he's been good, it's impressive. Give him some time to adjust and we'll see how it goes.

Will he ever live up to the hype of #2? Maybe not. But can he still give us size and good minutes for the next few seasons? Absolutely.

I want him to be a game changer, but even if all he does is help us win a few more, I'll take it.

I can wait....I'm not ready to write him off given the positive things he's been able to do.

AND...... y'all already know I'm a homer.....I'm rocking with Bob....

:ohlawd: