Brehs im starting to think Wiseman will be a bust

jayjon85

Pro
Daps
I dont think hell be a bust. Hes going to take longer to develop he missed his entire freshman year and got hurt his Rookie and second season. He'll need more time.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It’s extraordinary. These guys had the #1 pick three years ago, drafted a complete non factor and still won it all. Other franchises would have been setback a decade.

He was actually #2. Pistons did the exact same thing when they drafted Darko #2. Or the Cavs when they drafted Anthony Bennett #1.

The Warriors got away with paying a generational MVP player just $15 million/year so they could then sign a second generational MVP into the cap space left by their 5th best player leaving. Everything after that is playing with house money, getting another #2 pick on TOP of that pile of talent they had is just silly.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I don’t think he’ll be a bust. Lowkey there’s like two generations of Warriors players and some of the younger generation is still figuring things out. Not to mention, bugs take a little longer to develop.

Still, it would’ve been insane if they drafted LaMelo. That offense would’ve been virtuoso which is saying something :whoo:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
He was actually #2. Pistons did the exact same thing when they drafted Darko #2. Or the Cavs when they drafted Anthony Bennett #1.

The Warriors got away with paying a generational MVP player just $15 million/year so they could then sign a second generational MVP into the cap space left by their 5th best player leaving. Everything after that is playing with house money, getting another #2 pick on TOP of that pile of talent they had is just silly.
Sorry pal.. my brains bustin, which generational MVP player only got $15M per year?!

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Sorry pal.. my brains bustin, which generational MVP player only got $15M per year?!

I actually overstated, Steph was earning just $11 million/year in 2015 and 2016. He had signed for 4 years / $44 million in 2012 because he was coming off ankle injuries in back-to-back seasons and hadn't made the leap yet.

The huge leap in salary cap (Lebron stimulus), the fact that Draymond/Klay were both young late bloomers who weren't on big contracts yet, and the fact that Steph had that tiny-ass contract is the combination of factors that allowed a 73-win tem to sign another MVP straight up. If Steph had had a reasonable star contract, Warriors never would have been able to sign KD, so their 2017-2019 runs don't happen like that. And then they flipped KD for Wiggins and Kuminga, which allowed them to win again in 2022. Again, if Steph had had normal contracts and KD doesn't get signed, their maxed-out salary cap never would have enabled them to pick up that sort of value.