Brehettes of the coli, would yall engage in polygamy

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
I tried to convince myself to be into the idea after being cheated on, and no. i’m not gonna go into all the reasons, but polygamy usually breeds huge families and plenty of research done on showing the harm on children & the wives mentally. So no.

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
If the money is right, yeah of course.

Daps
I have thought about it but I don't think I could do it. I don't want to share him.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
I thought about it after that doppelgänger thread... she would literally have to look like my twin for me to be okay with it :yeshrug: and I can get his twin:mjlit:

Last edited:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I tried to convince myself to be into the idea after being cheated on, and no. i’m not gonna go into all the reasons, but polygamy usually breeds huge families and plenty of research done on showing the harm on children & the wives mentally. So no.
If the husband has a lot of money it would help out the kids more. Larger family = larger support network for the kids too:yeshrug:

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
I have had this discussion with my husband and if we did go through with it the other person would be a woman, (I'm bisexual.) He wasn't tryna hear about another man (:dame:) getting in the cookie jar :lolbron: and rightfully so.
I kinda like the idea of having another woman around anyway. She could help with childrearing, keeping the house together, expanding the household income and I like the fact that we could have another phat ass walking around the house that we both could stare at. :russ:

Of course, there will be rules to keep the peace and whatnot.

So yes, I would.
Did you guys ever move out to the boonies? How is it?

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
If the husband has a lot of money it would help out the kids more. Larger family = larger support network for the kids too:yeshrug:

money isn’t gonna buy you a great relationship with your children. and lot of times the children end up feeling resentful because they end up being the ones who even “take care of the family”, have to not do what they really want because there’s guilt in “abandoning” a large family like that. Siblings end up relying on each other and being the actual caretakers, not out of desire either.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
To a point, but he can't emotionally support 10 wives. 50 kids, even if he can financially. 3 or 4 wives, under 15 kids would be better.

even 15 is too much to be a parent that can provide individual emotion needs to each children. what ends up happening is the parents will become cold cause they become burnt out and annoyed and abandon a lot of empathy & sympathy.

Mfalme_Perez

In a New York world full of strangers..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY 2 Trinidad
Did you guys ever move out to the boonies? How is it?

Yes hun! And we love it! It's mad quiet, the folks in VA are some of the nicest people we've ever met. When our neighbors cook they bring food over and we do the same.

Housing is really affordable out here, seeing 3/4 bedroom houses for 400-600 a month is crazy! You can't get these prices in Ny. We're already looking into a bigger house in Roanoke because the kids need space and I like having a lot of space for my yarn.

If you can afford to move south, do it.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
Islamic take on Polygamy for those curious:

Polygamy (in Islam) is reserved for righteous and wealthy men - it's a righteous act as there are more women than men on the planet. Many times, the second wife will be a widow or an orphaned woman. Marrying these women ensures they are provided for and looked after and stops them from prostitution/miserable lives etc.

The Prophet pbuh indicated that one wife is always preferable so that a man does not expose himself to the risk of treating his wives unfairly when he is required to maintain fairness between them at all times.

A man who is married to more than one wife must ensure that his wives are EQUALLY taken care of financially and emotionally.

There's no threesomes either. :francis: His wives must have their own homes.

The average joe who can't provide for one woman has no business in a polygamous marriage

Here's a video about Polygamy in Islam for those interested: