Brehette is upset because breh took her to feed the homeless on the first date. Is she wrong?

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
This could have been just like we see in the movies...

You know, where the woman just throws up her hands to God, complaining about all the shytty dates she's been on in the past, and begs for one last chance to find a good man, just for her. She even promises God that when the opportunity comes, she will act right and actually act on it.

And then, like in the movie, the good man shows up...

And he likely looks and acts completely different from whatever fantasy she has going on in her head.

In this movie, that man tries to take her to feed the homeless on the first date...because she said she feeds the homeless as a volunteer...

And she still isn't obedient to the very thing she said she'd do :yeshrug:

Ok, I know that isn't real, but it happens.

I know people keep harping that this isn't appropriate for a first date, but I disagree. If the purpose is to date with intention and really find out what a person is about, why not test the waters from jump - especially since we all agree most people are showing up as their representative on the first date anyway.

This makes her come off as petty, but that could just be my perspective. In any event, she definitely showed her true self and now they don't have to waste one another's time.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
He basically pulled a Will Smith and Pepa...

Dude thought she would be impressed with him feeding the homeless.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
lol breh sounds like a good dude.

And there was nothing to keep the date going after that - if the vibes were right.

She could have been like “cool. Maybe grab a bite before or after if you’re up for it.” She was probably full of shyt about volunteering :pachaha:

Having said that, I wouldn’t have done that :pachaha:

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Hmmm. I'm not against doing altruistic activities to get to know someone better. It actually would likely be a good way to see how compassionate they are. Now as a "date"?? I don't know. To me the better idea would be him saying he would meet her at her chosen soup kitchen on her monthly volunteer day and move forward that way. Almost like a "pre-date" and if it goes well you get coffee or ice cream after to solidify next moves.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
I eventually want to open a community center for young Black Boys.... But sorry this isn't a first date type of event at all :deadrose:

Idk. The point of a date is to talk and get to know each other. While serving you can converse. On your breaks you get to sit down and chop it up. All while doing something that is fulfilling, if you’re into that type of stuff.

Not saying it’s a good choice but I don’t see the issue. You can do other stuff outside the wine and dine. She doesn’t see it though.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
She's right

What on earth was the dude thinking lmao
Nope. She’s an idiot.

Either he’s a truly nice guy who wanted to see how she’d act in that situation, or a complete fraud trying to fake like he’s a good dude- and you should be able to tell the difference unless ol boy is a borderline psychopath.

There’s no in between because NO ONE would think to do this on a first date :laff:

I actually thought about springing this idea on a dude just to see how he’d behave cuz he was kind of an ass lol

This is one of the few times that I would say that ol girl might’ve actually missed out on a potential hubby 🤣

Might’ve been engaged in 6mon if she was on her best behavior cuz most dudes ain’t even donating or dropping something in the collection plate, let alone actually volunteering their time to feed the homeless.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Idk. The point of a date is to talk and get to know each other. While serving you can converse. On your breaks you get to sit down and chop it up. All while doing something that is fulfilling, if you’re into that type of stuff.

Not saying it’s a good choice but I don’t see the issue. You can do other stuff outside the wine and dine. She doesn’t see it though.
Rep!

This isn’t even an all day event. You do that for an hour or two and go catch a movie or get a quick bite. Then you can get dolled up on the next date. Then he can say “damn she has substance AND she stacked :whoo:

Sigh.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Breh she clearly wanted an expensive dinner.

If she really liked breh, she would have no problem waiting til the 2nd date for a fancy dinner. Because there would no doubt be a 2nd date
🛎️🛎️🛎️

See, this is how the truly shytty people be winning in life. They pass those simple, early character tests and get to the finish line while silly people aren’t necessarily bad, but they can’t see the forest for the trees.

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If he proposed it to her ahead of time and she agreed to it, fukk her. If she got all dressed and dolled up and he just picked her up and took her to the homeless shelter, that's not cool.

But as someone else already said (I only read the first page), that shouldn't be the whole date. Could be a lead-up activity to it, go do that, chat, see if they like each other, then can pivot to the actual date. That way, if they aren't vibing, no one spent any money, and they can part ways right after. :manny:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I moreso meant even a normal ass chick aint going to vibe with a homeless shelter as date one, let alone some of these psychotic narcissists out chea. I have plenty of experience with women which is why anyone thinking this is a good first date is looking fugazi to me. You investing a ton of time n energy into someone you dont even know if you like for one, and it doesnt facilitate building attraction unless shorty likes to see you pass out bread.
This was funny, not gonna lie

So here’s the thing- someone who is a bit more mature, or young and super religious and selfless would’ve appreciated this date. The average 22YO would’ve been like :wtf:

But this chick sounds like she’s a little older so she definitely should’ve had the presence of mind to roll with it and just see how it goes.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
I honestly wouldn't mind doing that on a first date.

Now maybe if I got dressed in a gown and he took me to skid row at 10pm I wouldn't be too happy, but If it was a safe environment and he seemed sincere I'd be ok with it. At least there's other people to converse with if it turns out he's annoying.
Lmao, the last thing you need on a date is to be losing to the homeless.

If a chick is a nurse, you want to go change shyt pans on the first date cause you're showing interest in what she does?

Helping her feed the homeless on her schedule is some down the road shyt

Last edited: