BREAKING: Supreme Court Overturns Roe vs Wade

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Appreciate the mods on this regardless of where they personally stand:ehh:. Not only with this thread but just in general moderation has been great lately. The agitators and bad faith posters have had a much shorter leash to act a fool.

I hear you and to be clear I hate the framing of this as "pro-life versus pro-choice". Even as a left-leaning brother this makes me uneasy. I don't wish the decision of having an abortion on any woman or couple. I'm not so lost in my opinions that I don't respect the miracle of conception for what it is. But if we're keeping it real this boils down to the autonomy/rights of a living, sentient human versus that of an embryo that may develop into one. And I hate being that coldly reductive but breh our science has not taken us beyond that point. I fukking wish there were more dummy-proof methods of birth control. Because people are gonna keep on smashing, sometimes irresponsibly, and there's no stopping that. We are wired to fukk for obvious reasons. So, yes, we teach and we preach but I don't think being overly punitive towards women solves anything. Condemning them and the child to a life of potential misery and poverty just seems cruel.
I think this is the reason why it got overturned tbh. Definitely not due to morality at all.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad

He's saying Dobbs = Brown and Roe (and Casey) = Plessy

That's been the Republican talking point since before oral arguments. During oral arguments, Kavanagh even brought up how Plessy was wrongly decided by SCOUTUS and SCOTUS was right to overturn their previous ruling ("reversing precedent") using the Brown case.

It's a sophmoric comparison since Brown gave people rights and Dobbs is taking them away, but I digress.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
this is so stupid. why are we regressing as a society and bending over to the conservative/religious minority??
this has nothing to do with morality nor Christianity. just to fukk many over.

Vεnεficα

All Star
Daps
Black people celebrating this are about to take a whole ass L when SCOTUS comes for Brown v. Board of Education. What makes some of ya'll think that they're just gonna stop at stripping away the rights of women and not come for black people as a whole? And it looks like Dems are about to get chewed up in November too so it only gets worse from there. :francis:

Last edited: