BREAKING: Supreme Court Overturns Roe vs Wade

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
How do a republicans have this much power over a Democratic President House and Senate:what:?

To be fair the GOP has been hatching this plan for 40 years on this issue. It didn't just start with Trump in office. :yeshrug: Appoint as many conservative judges on lower courts + SC.

QBN

All Star
Daps
A better solution is too abandon destination cities like Chicago, New York, and LA and move back down south and take over several states as outline in "the Devil You know"

Devil You Know was a good read and a viable strategy...would like to see his idea promoted and popularized in the same way as the reparations movement.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You already admit to being reckless with your own seed, so it's hypocritical and pointless to lecture others on it. The truth of the matter is the overwhelming majority of people can't just choose to not have sex. Humans, and the biological pull that sex has makes it irrational to just expect most people would live by that standard.

It's not your fukking choice whether or not that pregnancy was carried to term -- us as men have ZERO of the burdens associated with living with being pregnant. And as such, we are not in the position to force those with that burden to end a pregnancy or not. You might be able to discuss it with your parent, and have a say ... but ultimately your opinion can't matter if she does or doesn't want to carry it to term.

If she decides to abort, then you should have chose a better partner to lay with. See how that works both ways?

You're getting emotional breh, relax.

It's not a lecture, it's a reality.

"The truth of the matter is the overwhelming majority of people can't just choose to not have sex."

There is not truth to this matter, at all. Everyone has the conscious decision whether to sleep with someone or not. If you can honestly say a person cannot choose to be abstinent they have an impulse problem.

"It's not your fukking choice whether or not that pregnancy was carried to term -- us as men have ZERO of the burdens associated with living with being pregnant. And as such, we are not in the position to force those with that burden to end a pregnancy or not. You might be able to discuss it with your parent, and have a say ... but ultimately your opinion can't matter if she does or doesn't want to carry it to term."

This is a biological reality that they must go through. And again, accountability should definitely be had, a conversation that need not be had if it was properly demonstrated. You are putting the cart before the horse. I'm saying, if you don't want to have kids, if you don't want to have the "burden," of being pregnant, don't, have, sex. It is not hard to do. A lot of things need to line up in order for someone to have sex. It's not just a trip and fall on some dikk type thing.

"If she decides to abort, then you should have chose a better partner to lay with. See how that works both ways?"

What does this have to do with anything of what we're talking about? Genuinely confused.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t agree with abortion in most cases but there are certain times when it’s necessary. Like if the pregnancy is due to sexual assault or the mothers health is at risk. Also the health of the child comes into play. In those cases I feel like the mother should have the right. Glad I live in a blue state

I don't agree with abortion either but, reading all the posts from people who are in difficult situations like having a stillborn child, a potentially fatal pregnancy, a child with a down syndrome, being raped, being too young, etc. makes me sad for them. I feel like the women who abuse abortion, having 4-5 of them because they're extremely irresponsible have unfairly brought alot of heat to women who legitimately need them. I feel like abortion should be legal but, I also think there should be a limit. You shouldn't be allowed to have five abortions. I don't know how you would make that a law though.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Does anyone know which justices voted for and against? I can't find it.
It was 6-3 party line. 6 conservatives to 3 liberals.

If this isn't the final wake up call for Dem and dem-leading independent voters then I don't know what else is. Republicans have instilled the importance of the courts to their voters for decades. It took Trump's Presidency to happen for Dems to start waking the fukk up.

-The Supreme Court gave Bush the Presidency in 2000 on a party line vote. 5-4. Bush would then go on to appoint 2 Supreme Court Justices. That should have enraged Dem voters but they got over the decision quickly and Bush won re-election.

-The Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act on a party line vote 5-4 in 2013. That should have led to Dem voters, at least black voters being energized for the midterms but Democrat officials couldn't message that. Republicans win control of the Senate in 2014 election and McConnell denies Obama a Supreme Court seat which would have flipped the court 5-4 advantage liberals.

-Hilary Clinton warned people in 2015 that one President can appoint up to 4 Supreme Court Justices in a term, as Nixon was able to appoint 4 Supreme Court Justices, Ford, who only was President 2.5 years appointed 1 Supreme Court Justice, Carter who served 4 years appointed 0. Reagan appointed 4 in his 8 years as President. You would have thought Hilary's warning and the open Supreme Court seat should have energized Dem voters, but it didn't because her party's voters were telling her to eat a dikk while the open seat energized Republican voters. Now Trump has appointed 3 young Conservatives Justices who will be on the court for the next 30 years along with 242 Federal Judges in just 4 years which is incredible and only roughly 100 less than what Bush and Obama appointed in 8 years. Some of those 242 were open seats that McConnell purposely stalled out in the Senate so that Obama couldn't fill them.

Conservatives have had control of the Supreme Court for like 70 years now. Because Thurgood Marshall was frustrated with the court's unwillingness to address real racial and Jim Crow related problems. And recently they've turned into partisan ideological hawks instead of real judicial philosophical legal minds.

Let's see what scorned white women do. If the Dems lose the 2024 election, which is highly likely as of now, Thomas, Alito or Roberts could step down to allow a Republican President to replace them with another young Justice who will sit on the court for 30 years.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
The ONLY optimistic thing I have to say about all of this, is these people will regress this country to a point that citizens will finally wake tf up and start voting these asshats out of offices until it’s clear the populous doesn’t want these regressive politics. But that’s a fairy tale
The majority will love the regressive policies.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
"Bout to give myself a vasectomy after dinner tonight. Hopefully these steak knives I got coming from amazon today are as sharp as they're advertised :lupe:

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
In about a decade and a half, these anti-abortion states are going to have an insane crime wave lol. Gotta love how a bunch of people born to unwilling and incapable parents is the "pro-life" stance
They need to start taking more taxes for all the orphanages they'll need lol