BREAKING: School shooting in Uvalde, Texas. 21 dead including shooter. (RIP to the victims)

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sen. Feinstein pushed SB 66 that proposed federal grants for states to buy back assault weapons. Had 34 cosponsors. Listen to Dem rhetoric around it. They largely are against MB not because they believe it is wrong, they are against it because it makes Dems look bad. Dem voters largely are in favor of MB according to quinnipac.
It was introduced, referred to and died in committee like so many bills do that lack support.

Key provisions:

• Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
  • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.
Exemptions to bill:

• The bill exempts by name more than 2,200 guns for hunting, household defense or recreational purposes.
  • The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment.

"The bill also allows a state or local government to use Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program funds to compensate individuals who surrender a SAW or LCAFD under a buy-back program."

There is likely support for buy-back programs, but not mandatory buy-back programs. That's a fringe position. There is no mainstream support for firearm seizures from personal owners. :handshake:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm not worried about anyone taking anything away but don't give it up, thinking everyone will adhere or that it fixes anything. I'm not going to unpack everything but do you even know if any of those added checks would've prevented either this shooter or the one from Buffalo from acquiring guns? Especially if they were this determined? Not trying to make a point but just genuinely asking

I think that's because I see the gun problem in this country as pandoras box that you can't just put a lid on by adding more "checks" so I don't consider that a viable approach. This country can't coordinate on masks but you think gun reform happens across the board overnight. One might argue gun reform happened in NY til the Buffalo shooter drove from another state targeting that area with these laws in mind.

What I'm saying is actually the opposite of short term cause these proposed policies are near sighted in effect at best and I'm talking about addressing fundamental issues with this country's love for guns that started with its founders
We'll never know until after we make a real and true effort.

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
Because you forget that mass shooters are spinele devils that target areas where resistance is least likely. Let me know when someone tries to commit mass murder at a shooting range or police department

And I hate that "good guy with a gun" shyt because it diminishes the point that if you put enough guns in the hands of good people in the community, the community can protect and police itself to an extent. Guns are already in the hands of criminals so taking them out of yours does what?

As a mass shooter, you may not be afraid of 1 person being armed cause you have the element of surprise still but if you know 50% of the people you shoot at might shoot back, then you might choose to shoot somewhere else

So when does the safety of having guns everywhere start to kick in? we’ve got more guns than anywhere else but as far as I can tell, it’s just getting worse.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People will be against something like this, but honestly, I don't see any other way for THIS specific use case.

Technology gonna have to be used in this fashion because without anything in place to predict and track these nut jobs activity we're never going to stand a chance

The tech is already there.

It's just protected.

Right now a lot of it is based on reporting, someone has to report it for real for it to be investigated. Someone has to notify the police or an abuse or suicide hotline. A lot of times people see it but don't report it.

Facebook, PayPal, Twitter has employees that follow up and make sure things get reported, I've personally worked with them.

It's kind of weird. But for instance if you type out a long email about how you're going to kill yourself or others and send it in outlook or gmail, they monitor but chances are nothing will happen. That being said if you post a picture of a child being sexually abused in your Google drive or Dropbox, motherfukkers will come to your door. Like seriously even as a joke or a prank, don't even pretend to do that shyt.

The tech is there....it's being tracked and monitored.....unfortunately we live in a society where someone has to be hurt or have gotten hurt before we can take action in a lot of cases.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No other nation has these problems there's things that can be done. A beefed up terrorist unit will never catch random lone wolf's, there's potentially hundreds of thousands who have considered doing this in their head.
If this is the case, then why is there a pattern of behavior every time the identity of the killer is released?

The media pulls up the red flags, they show their online activity, the disturbing messages they've shared etc.

I would bet money that a scan of these dudes Google Searches or general online activity implicates some of their intentions...and at the least what their interests are. Which would go a long way.

This is veering into spooky territory with the internet, but it is what it is at this point

Last edited:

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You can't really say that about Chris Murphy. CT actually did change the laws.. toughest gun laws in the nation now. it hasn't stopped violence but the numbers seem to be dropping
I feel you.

My approach is to stArt holding these gun manufacturers accountable and the influx of illegal firearms. It’s a billion dollar global trade issue that lines too many political judicial pockets to move.

Laws ain’t shyt. They can’t even enforce half the stuff they pass here in cali.

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Exactly, all the talk about black market is misguided. If assault weapons only become available in the black market, them shyts will be DUMB expensive. Only people gonna be buying them are high level criminals deep in the game who legitimately need protection from enemies.

Yep, that's the way it is here in the UK.

There's still guns about but you'd have to have at least one foot in the streets to even know to begin how to go about buying one.

The result being that these malcontent internet radicals would have no hope of being within touching distance of high-capacity semi-automatic firearms because that would, at the VERY least, involve leaving their mother's basement and spending time outdoors in a significant way.

Even still firearm crime is pretty rare to hear about over here these days.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It should be repealed. These crazy cacs have twisted it into some noble cause of individual rights when it was clearly created to form militias to fight a tyrannical government if need be. There is no need for that now, the military would just drone the shyt out of these b*stards if it came to that and the vast majority of them are to p*ssy to fight anyway . Unless you’re hunting or using a handgun to defend your home all guns need to go:manny:

Also trust and believe they already will try to and have plans to repeal the 1st and 13 Amendment if MAGA comes fully into power.

Nah we just had a president and his constituents try to take over a government. There are too many guns and maniacs out there for people to feel ok giving up guns. It's a paradox. If someone ran up in your house and shot shyt up, you'd be looking to get a gun not give it up, now extrapolate that across this country and you see why taking guns away just isn't a feasible option. It'll play out no differently than the war on drugs, a massive failure.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
I’m one of the most anti- police( in there current white Supremacist form)posters on this board but i disagree. Police should have access to weapons the general public does not have because that’s what their supposed to be trained for if shyt gets crazy, they should also be held to extremely high standard with treats of the death penalty or life imprisonment if they betray the trust bestowed upon them.Also legally having a gun when the police approach you will not help you unless you plan on killing them and dying in a shootout, I mean just look how the devils treated philando castile.
It’s not about having shootouts with the police for me. If it’s about saving innocent lives then it should also be about saving the lives of unarmed black people gunned down by police. A lot of scenarios where unarmed black people were gunned down by police would have been avoided if those police were not armed, like in many other first world Western European countries. The existence of the gun in possession of officers with anti-black bias creates the escalation in force. If they can’t control their anti-black bias then they probably should not be able to have access to weapons in daily encounters with black people. I’m only comfortable with law enforcement having high powered weapons in very specific scenarios like SWAT or FBI situations.

But we both agree there needs to be much higher standards for police in this country.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
90% of guns can be removed from the streets in about 2 years. Because the majority of people aren't willing to be a criminal. And if the legislation is passed, they will comply.
There will never be a gun control bill passed, why haven’t y’all accepted this?

The most they can do is start profiling theses psychopaths online before it even happens

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:snoop:He had to have some mental illness or something
That's not the shooter. The person in those pics is still alive and posting on reddit. Stop falling for ***** bullshyt.

9rDL0kF.png