BREAKING: School shooting in Uvalde, Texas. 21 dead including shooter. (RIP to the victims)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I dont wanna say it's over because, you know, America, but this will change some shyt. I feel it this time.

Children, albeit Mexican ones, were affected due to police neglect and misconduct and the public was made aware of what was said vs what actually happened within 48 hours, and unlike Breonna Taylor they can't pin it on mad Intel and a perceived threat, they can't pin it on a bad apple ala Derek Chauvin, and they can't pin it on a criminal history of the victims. They also can't frame the cops as heroes in the Sandy Hook massacre, because you know, without the quick police presence, Adam Lanza could have made things just so0o0 much worse.

The police dikksuckers, politicians and union reps are just using the same scripts from prior scripts, and no one is buying it, and no one is gonna weasel out of this one. Out of morbid curiosity, I visited r/conservative just to see how they could stretch and spin this one Tucker Carlson style, and they are ripping these dudes apart. Hell hath frozen over.

This is going to be catastrophic for them financially, and that's the only thing these devils respect.
Yeah
I think civil unrest is coming

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
FOH, your son a full blown demon.

If that had been some family member of mine, I'd be happy they killed the little mf. Id be like that gif of Sam Jackson, yes I'm glad he's dead and I hope he burns in HELL!!!
You can tell his mom is a piece of shyt

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Yeah. I deal in realities. Police reform to friendly European standards is not going to happen. We can't even get together on gun control/reform after 19 elementary school students and two teachers are killed. For the time being we have to work within the framework of what's available. Either use the military who have the equipment and training or provide military training for the police who already have the military equipment. Besides, a kindler, gentler police force would not have prevented this. A better trained police force would have potentially mitigated the human loss of life, however.
So use another unit specifically trained for this ? You mean like…the SWAT team?!? You’d have the exact situation we have here: the regular police would wait for the experts

The second option, have military trained police. Like all of them? A) That would be a colossal waste of man power. You’d have trained military personnel on standby at an elementary school where 99% of the time there is no use for their training.

B) The financial aspect. Not only would it cost a crazy amount to train up to that level, the prt no one ever mentions is the cost to pay that increased salary. Bc oh yes this is still a career and with new skills comes new money. A higher trained police officer will make more money. So in bumfukk Texas you’d have cops making near 6 figures or more. Not only is it not feasible, it may literally be impossible.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
This is bad because theyre kids yes and its 19 them, but the Buffalo Tops was equally as bad, if not worse..
The dude who shot up the elementary school was a loose cannon pyscho that was bound to snap regardless. He'd have walked into a gas station or police station and still let off shots. I doubt he had a manifesto professing his hatred and desire to exterminate elementary school kids.
The Tops shooting was worse because it had clear targets based on race, and was planned well in advance by someone who apparantly didnt display signs of madness.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Every time I read more about this story I get more and more enraged. Heads gotta roll and charges need to be filed. Everyone top down with the police department gotta fukkin go!
In addition to possible charges, there will also be a lot of lawsuits against the dept. But also the scapegoats will go unscathed is that POS Cruz & especially Abbott. They did their mickey mouse press conference, the shooter is dead, some cops will resign, dept will be sued but nothing will change legislation wise on gun reform. I personally saw Abbott's getdown when covid was at it's height here, can't underestimate how much of a brazen white supremacist he is.

If nothing is done to protect a bunch of kids getting end of the year honor roll report cards, nothing is sacred. Looking at those kids pics on the obituary page on the funeral home site really made it hit home. Just beyond devastating for those parents.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx

I ain't gone lie, that drill ain't enough. All them lil bodies' vitals are exposed. For a 9mm maybe they good but for .45-5.56 they'd need to be prone, propping them books up behind the desks. Teacher, as an adult, should rotate to the door corner and have something to wedge on the hinge side and/or a doorstop, clutching something solid but mobile in case of a breach. You can slice a throat with a metal ruler with enough pressure. If everyone is away from the door, nobody is protected if the active shooter enters

Edit: all of this considering a school that doesn't have one of the best security systems in the world. I'd hope that this event makes it more common, but until then i feel there should be more viable training

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman

Texas School Shooter’s Mother Pleads For People to ‘Not Judge Him’: ‘He Had His Reasons’​

:wtf:

Texas School Shooter’s Mother Pleads For People to ‘Not Judge Him’: ‘He Had His Reasons’

The mother of the gunman who shot and killed 19 students and two adults at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, pleaded with people on Thursday to “not judge him.”

Salvador Ramos committed on Tuesday what was the third-deadliest school shooting in U.S. history, behind the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting and 2012 Sandy Hook shooting.

“I have no words. I have no words to say. I don’t know what he was thinking,” Adriana Reyes told CNN affiliate Televisa. “He had his reasons for doing what he did and please don’t judge him. I only want the innocent children who died to forgive me.”

When asked what she would tell the families of the victims, Reyes said, “Forgive me. Forgive my son. I know he had his reasons.”

The reasons, she said, were “to get closer to those children instead of paying attention to the other bad things, I have no words. I don’t know.”

Ramos reportedly bought assault rifles shortly after his 18th birthday. Reyes told ABC News she did not know about her son’s gun purchases.

Details have surfaced about Ramos’ past difficult social life and that he and was known to police. The Washington Post reported that Ramos lived a rough life with his mother, whom they said did drugs. Reyes told the outlet that she tried kicking her son out of her house, causing him to scream at her.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
The only thing that will get these crazed whites to change gun laws is for someone to shoot up a pound full of puppies.
That is the smartest commentary I have read in ages. I never thought of that, but I guess that might be the only thing that would do it. That or a political rally (oh, forgot about Gabby), maybe a country concert (oh, forgot about Vegas), maybe a place where there a bunch of GOP (oh, forgot about the baseball practice), definitely if a bunch of all white kids from an affluent area (oops, Sandy Hook, forgot). Not that I want to see puppies get killed either, it’s just theoretical, like what would it take?

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
This is bad because theyre kids yes and its 19 them, but the Buffalo Tops was equally as bad, if not worse..
The dude who shot up the elementary school was a loose cannon pyscho that was bound to snap regardless. He'd have walked into a gas station or police station and still let off shots. I doubt he had a manifesto professing his hatred and desire to exterminate elementary school kids.
The Tops shooting was worse because it had clear targets based on race, and was planned well in advance by someone who apparantly didnt display signs of madness.

Is it a contest on which shooting is worse? Who the fukk cares