Breaking News: Vince McMahon officially resigns from WWE/TKO amid Sex Trafficking allegations

itiswhatitis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Supposedly it's a lot more than that.

Definitely is. Fam was a sports agent with CAA and brought in solely to position for a sale. That is probably just the value of his stock right now I assume. Brokering a multi billion dollar deal and only coming away with 8Ms like like an rapper signing for a whip and a chain.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

You need to shut up and listen sometimes and let common sense lead the way rather than psycho analyze posters you don’t know.

Yeah, dude does get annoying with his whole contrarian "I'm the only reasonable one in every discussion" gimmick. :russ:

Daps
Here comes more “budget cuts”

Ms. Chatterton, the first female referee of what was then known as the World Wrestling Federation, demanded $11.75 million in damages for the alleged rape in a November letter to Mr. McMahon’s attorney reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Ms. Chatterton agreed to a lesser amount in the millions of dollars, one of the people familiar with the matter said, but the Journal couldn’t determine the exact figure.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Here comes more “budget cuts”

He already doing them budget cuts, just has mostly flown under the radar because it isn’t talent or a recognizable name/position to the fans. Like their head of comms got released (amongst many others) and it was barely in the news cycle despite that being a pretty significant position.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
She got her bag. Good for her

Wonder how much she settled for. I hope she ran his pockets

From the article posted:

Ms. Chatterton, the first female referee of what was then known as the World Wrestling Federation, demanded $11.75 million in damages for the alleged rape in a November letter to Mr. McMahon’s attorney viewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Ms. Chatterton agreed to a lesser amount in the millions of dollars, one of the people familiar with the matter said, but the Journal couldn’t determine the exact figure.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who was the diva Vince smashed? Did it ever get exposed??

VePwmZq_d.webp

After that vince storyline she went from test and albert to being called the greatest diva of all time

:ohhh::mjlol:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
it’s becoming clear to me that Vince stepped away because he was likely advised that these allegations mixed with the climate of todays cancel culture obsessed society would impact WWE’s bottom line negatively

But once he stepped away and the chatter around this simultaneously vanished, it became abundantly clear that the vocal pushback surrounding it almost exclusively came from the online wrestling community which is already anti-Vince regardless of any allegation, and want him out of the paint by any means

And that’s as clear as day. Since he’s returned, there hasn’t been an outcry for the victims. The entire conversation from anyone with negative pushback has been centered around creative, and if the TV product will be effected.

There was never any real pushback from the public. Outside of the wrestling bubble, people largely didn’t care about any of it. Not a single advertisement was lost. Attendance was/is still at record breaking highs, ratings remain largely the same, are even up in some areas etc.

As much as we hate the guy for being a piece of shyt, the bottom line clearly was not impacted in any capacity lol. He’s right in believing that the advice he received to step away was premature

Last edited:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
it’s becoming clear to me that Vince stepped away because he was likely advised that these allegations mixed with the climate of todays cancel culture obsessed society would impact WWE’s bottom line negatively

But once he stepped away and the chatter around this simultaneously vanished, it became abundantly clear that the vocal pushback surrounding it almost exclusively came from the online wrestling community which is already anti-Vince regardless of any allegation, and want him out of the paint by any means

And that’s as clear as day. Since he’s returned, there hasn’t been an outcry for the victims. The entire conversation from anyone with negative pushback has been centered around creative, and if the TV product will be effected.

There was never any real pushback from the public. Outside of the wrestling bubble, people largely didn’t care about any of it. Not a single advertisement was lost. Attendance was/is still at record breaking highs, ratings remain largely the same, are even up in some areas etc.

As much as we hate the guy for being a piece of shyt, the bottom line clearly was not impacted in any capacity lol. He’s right in believing that the advice he received to step away was premature
True but this is written with a lot of hindsight because in July, Vince was the headline on Reuters and CNN, it was Steve Easterbrook & McDonalds x10

Partly because he kept putting himself on TV after the allegations and partly because people were looking into one headline and coming across stuff that aired on RAW/SD 20/30 years ago shaping narratives even further

I said it at the time a younger Vince would've ate the PR and kept it pushing but I think him stepping down helped quiet things. The internet got their pound of flesh, what they actually got idk because they still gave him his most profitable year in history

I think this is more about cancel culture and that it's running on fumes. Chappelle's still in demand as much as ever after trans comments, homie in the NHL ain't wearing a pride uniform and the internet mob can't get to him etc. Either that or Wrestling Twitter's a complete jobber compared to other communities