Breaking News: Vince McMahon officially resigns from WWE/TKO amid Sex Trafficking allegations

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
True but this is written with a lot of hindsight because in July, Vince was the headline on Reuters and CNN, it was Steve Easterbrook & McDonalds x10

Partly because he kept putting himself on TV after the allegations and partly because people were looking into one headline and coming across stuff that aired on RAW/SD 20/30 years ago shaping narratives even further

I said it at the time a younger Vince would've ate the PR and kept it pushing but I think him stepping down helped quiet things. The internet got their pound of flesh, what they actually got idk because they still gave him his most profitable year in history

I think this is more about cancel culture and that it's running on fumes. Chappelle's still in demand as much as ever after trans comments, homie in the NHL ain't wearing a pride uniform and the internet mob can't get to him etc. Either that or Wrestling Twitter's a complete jobber compared to other communities

See, and that’s the thing. It was headlining news, and still is today..

But I do think Vince and co. thought it would have at least some type of negative impact on the company. People tuning out in protest, attendance falling because of negative push back, advertisers dropping out… something… anything… it was better to step away in an attempt to prevent that

The difference with Chappelle is that even though he’s still in demand, there was real pushback towards him. Netflix employees resigning, organized protests outside of the buildings, people bushing their Netflix accounts en masse. Etc.

But outside of spicy headlines and tweets from wrestling critics that are always unpleased, there was virtually no real consequence. It’s clear that there isn’t going to be at this point lol.. even now with his return, people are more interested in whether Triple H will keep the book or speculation toward who may buy WWE than there is real concern over past victims or potential future victims

Last edited:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
See, and that’s the thing. It was headlining news, and still is today..

But I do think Vince and co. thought it would have at least some type of negative impact on the company. People tuning out in protest, attendance falling because of negative push back, advertisers dropping out… something… anything… it was better to step away in an attempt to prevent that

But outside of spicy headlines and tweets from wrestling critics that are always unpleased, there was virtually no real consequence. It’s clear that there isn’t going to be at this point lol
I think everyone was right to because the story was hitting places WWE doesn't typically reach or pay for press. If it hadn't been on international newswires and was only on WON and Public Enemies timeline Vince would've gave TSC, Twitter and Reddit middle fingers and kept paying for rats

And I don't think whatever it is somebody's sitting on is going to do much at this point either

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Who was the diva Vince smashed? Did it ever get exposed??

VePwmZq_d.webp
I don't think there's any way on Earth he didn't smash Sable.....

95% likely hit Trish too

And probably a crazy ass amount of others

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
These reports keep dropping Beyonce records. I legit feel something bigger is coming where even Vinny Mac can’t moonwalk out of it :lupe:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Trish? I want that to be admitted then. It's like someone is appreciated for fake glory if she had to whore it up.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
it's easy to point to Trish because of story lines but for the nda's the time don't line up..

The one reason why i say Trish may have not be involved is because a lot of wrestlers from that era have said she was a professional and didn't get caught up in that type of drama. X-Pac was one of the guys who said that. People claim she did her job and went home to her husband.

The internet want all women to be hoes so she'll never have a clear rep because of how many beards are also incels