BREAKING NEWS: DAME DOLLAR Lillard Traded To Bucks!!! DominAYTON & Jrue To Blazers!

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the regular season I don’t think this will mean much. The Bucks have already had the best record in 3 of the last 5 seasons

But this absolutely elevates their ceiling in the playoffs and anybody arguing otherwise is just trying to be a contrarian
Heat in 5.:unimpressed:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If you banking on Giannis getting hurt again, Jimmy playing like prime MJ again and Dame only being able to match Jrue’s production then sure
And their role players they have left getting hot from 3 like they did this past postseason run.

Last edited:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I cant say whether the bolded is true or not. It doesnt make much sense if it is. If he had leverage or MIA had an appealing package :dame: its one thing but in reality his only way of getting to MIA was the kindness of the FOs heart. Going that hard and doing so publically isnt gonna endear you to most people.

I think the angle that isnt being discussed is...what if this was really the plan the whole time? All the talk was about MIA but the reports are that MIL has been in contact with POR the whole time. Maybe Dame was that extra as a smoke screen. He just happened to recently add MIL to his list? Thats convenient. Maybe MIL was lookin at Jrue like the Coli :russ: and then Giannis makes his recent comments and just like that we got a trade.

From a Blazers fan, this is how it most likely went, based on Spears, Haynes reporting and Cronin press conferences:

Dame requests a trade to Miami after Cronin decides to keep Scoot. He wants to play with friends and people his age, strategically he fits perfectly on the Heat. Nurkic requests a trade privately.

Cronin doesn't want the late Mami picks or Herro so the team announces the request and quietly refuses to work with Miami. Miami tries to flip Herro.

Dame attempts to kickstart negotiations by calling teams and threatening to sit out.

All 3 parties deadlock, casuals turn on Dame.

Cronin and the FO work privately with Raptors, Bucks, Suns and Nets for a potential multi team deal, leaving the door open for Miami if they gut their roster.

Miami gets cold feet, and the Raptors show serious interest, multi-team trades start to materialize. Dame softens on the Bucks and Nets, has his agent tell them that he'll play.

Cronin and Dame actually have a good amount of respect for each other, they have both said so in interviews and on twitter. With the Raptors looming, Cronin asks him to choose between Raptors, Bucks and Nets, Heat won't up their offer and Blazers don't want to take it into the season. I worked at the Moda and have seen them interact for a whole season, they're very professional, it was never going to be a Harden situation

Dame chooses Milwaukee, there are multiple coaches and execs who are former Blazers and he gets to contend with Giannis.

:hubie:

Last edited:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
In the regular season I don’t think this will mean much. The Bucks have already had the best record in 3 of the last 5 seasons

But this absolutely elevates their ceiling in the playoffs and anybody arguing otherwise is just trying to be a contrarian
Exactly, they needed a go to bucket getter in the worst way. It's been one of their pain points for years but now especially with Middleton noticeably losing a step. Through this run they've had number 1 seeds with worst teams, they'll be fine in the regular season. shyt they were a 1 seed with Bledsoe at point, MVP level Giannis is damn near a guarantee top 3 seed at worst at this point.