Breaking: Mass shooting at Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana. 4 dead, 2 injured. Gunman dead. Smh. (UPDATE: Gunman info/name/pic released)

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
My local mall. Literally right down the street from me. Lost for words
I keep forgetting you live in the Naptown area. I always have a good time when I'm there. I live 2hrs away, but this still hits close to home. I cant even imagine if i was at that mall with my family during somethin like this smh

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I keep forgetting you live in the Naptown area. I always have a good time when I'm there. I live 2hrs away, but this still hits close to home. I cant even imagine if i was at that mall with my family during somethin like this smh

Tried to tell people the city wasn't too bad lol. And for real, that's the wild thing. Nothing but families and teenagers up there around that time

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
most places in the world its only if you are in a certain area or out late at a club or a bad area you might have to worry about your safety

in america

go shopping for groceries you can get clapped
go to walmart you can get clapped
go to church you can get clapped
go to school you can get clapped
go to a parade you can get clapped
go watch a movie you can get clapped
go to the mall can get clapped

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
most places in the world its only if you are in a certain area or out late at a club or a bad area you might have to worry about your safety

in america

go shopping for groceries you can get clapped
go to walmart you can get clapped
go to church you can get clapped
go to school you can get clapped
go to a parade you can get clapped
go watch a movie you can get clapped
go to the mall can get clapped
Go to the club you can get clapped
Go to a concert you can get clapped
Go to the hospital you can get clapped
Go on the subway you can get clapped

Its ridiculous

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My lady was there during a mass shooting event.

She worked at a mall where one happened and had to go on lockdown. We weren't together at the time but she's fukked up from it. This shyt ain't a game. It really fukks with people's lives.

Buckeye Fever

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Funny, I just came back from the grocery store and there was an argument over by the bakery/liquor section. Only thing in my head was "Hopefully nobody pulls." Its actually been a thing I look at in crowded situations especially if there is a confrontation. It isn't rational at all, but I prep mentally for the moment I hear that pop. This is basically the world we live in.
I was just in the grocery store an hour ago. The scary shyt is, a mass shooting never crossed my mind since im in there multiple times a week. Your post made me realize how "off my square" I am. Only solace i take in that is that I go to the store without my wife and kids.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully none of the victims were black

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was just in the grocery store an hour ago. The scary shyt is, a mass shooting never crossed my mind since im in there multiple times a week. Your post made me realize how "off my square" I am. Only solace i take in that is that I go to the store without my wife and kids.
:francis:I was at a birthday party last week and stayed near the door. When I go to restaurants, I eat near the door. I was at a house warming last month and guess what? I hovered near the door.

My rationale is always if some dumb shyt pops, I can get out. In the case of the birthday, if someone came in doing the dumb shyt, I might be able to intervene. I hate the idea of being with my girl because she walks like we are on the set of a TV show. I do all the scanning of everything just to keep from getting caught slipping. The moment I walk into any joint, I need to know where exits are and what can buy time. This was before covid and the subsequent rise in violence, but I don't let anything move in my peripheral nowadays without double checking. The grave is full of folks who didn't expect shots to ring out.

Buckeye Fever

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Tried to tell people the city wasn't too bad lol. And for real, that's the wild thing. Nothing but families and teenagers up there around that time
Yeah, my wife and i were there some months ago and had some time to spare, so we went to the mall, even went to the pf changs in there. No one ever thinks some shyt like this will happen. Never had a bad encounter in Indianapolis. My homeboy and his wife just had a house built there. I always speak highly of Indianapolis to my wife(she always talks about us leaving our hometown).

I never want ppl to have to endure incidents like this. Those that died probably thought they were just gonna spend a Sunday at the mall, get a bite to eat, go home and wind their weekend down, not knowing they wouldnt even make it home smh

Buckeye Fever

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
:francis:I was at a birthday party last week and stayed near the door. When I go to restaurants, I eat near the door. I was at a house warming last month and guess what? I hovered near the door.

My rationale is always if some dumb shyt pops, I can get out. In the case of the birthday, if someone came in doing the dumb shyt, I might be able to intervene. I hate the idea of being with my girl because she walks like we are on the set of a TV show. I do all the scanning of everything just to keep from getting caught slipping. The moment I walk into any joint, I need to know where exits are and what can buy time. This was before covid and the subsequent rise in violence, but I don't let anything move in my peripheral nowadays without double checking. The grave is full of folks who didn't expect shots to ring out.
My wife's cousin is just like you. When we'd all go out to eat, she'd rather be by the door and facing the door. It slways tripped me out til i remembered she spent a lot of time in Chicago. Stuff like that doesnt happen that much here in Decatur. The more stories I hear, it makes me realize that it could very well happen here.