Breaking: Mass shooting at Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana. 4 dead, 2 injured. Gunman dead. Smh. (UPDATE: Gunman info/name/pic released)

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Funny, I just came back from the grocery store and there was an argument over by the bakery/liquor section. Only thing in my head was "Hopefully nobody pulls." Its actually been a thing I look at in crowded situations especially if there is a confrontation. It isn't rational at all, but I prep mentally for the moment I hear that pop. This is basically the world we live in.

as a new yorker, I rarely have to think that and people get into arguments often. most times you hope they don't throw something and miss.:whew:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:coffee:Its not about stopping all, its about preventing most. Pass enough legislation, incrementally get guns out of the system over a period of a decade, and watch how the problem self-corrects to a degree. More gun proliferation is basically saying "None of that will stop it entirely so lets not try."
Cool

Now please show me where gun legislation has done ANY of that, over the past 40 years

I'll wait

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Nobody said this NEVER happens. People with common sense simply point out the obvious fact that the "good guy with a gun" narrative happens so infrequently that it is statistically insignificant.
Again, so you're saying that the lives that this gunman saved are "statistically insignificant"

Why do you believe this?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
You talking with a dude that thinks the earth is flat lol.
:umad:passive aggression is a feminine trait

Y'all deflect to flat earth everywhere but in actual flat earth threads

Because y'all know what happens in flat earth threads

JerkPork

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
have there been that many other “good guy with a a gun” situations during mass shootings before?
Yes there have been. I remember this one. He was killed by cops.

And this one

Last edited:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
How do you know when the US hasn't done the legislation yet. Where's your proof?
What??

New york has had some of the strictest gun laws in the country for a LONG time now

Tell me why gun violence persists in New York???

Why is gun violence currently trending up in New York?? The legislation was supposed to stop all that right??

Be specific in your explanation

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
This the same talking point you see on twitter after EVERY mass shooting.

'Criminals dont abide by any rules!'

"Cant do nothing about it!" :manny:

Everyone needs a gun! :beli:

At all times! :mjpls:

Because we cant stop it! :youngsabo:

Even tho it only happens in this country. :sas1:
Huh?

Didnt a church in new zealand get shot up?

Didnt a summer camp somewhere in europe get shot up?

Didnt a mall in kenya get shot up?

What are you talking about??

Y'all just make any old uninformed statement and hope that nobody call y'all out on it smh