BREAKING: FBI Arrests Two Men For The Murder of Jam Master Jay: Update: Both Found Guilty

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
JMJ wasnt signed to the label as part of the group at first, which is why he's not on the front cover on the first 3 albums. He started appearing from Tougher than Leather onwards. Unfortunately thats when RUN DMC started falling off, so he didnt make a lot of money from the group unless it was tour money

He was always their live show deejay going back to their first record.

But he wasn't a major studio factor in producing their hit albums and singles from 1983 - 1988.

You don't really hear from JMJ on the mic until "Pause" comes out in 1989.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was the same two people in fact. Lil D and Big D, pause. Father-Son murder was the going theory

edit: Now that I think, this could be something else I saw and not the actual Netflix doc. Now I have to watch again. I know they mentioned them tho
They arrested his father too?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
glad to see there may be some closure to jmj murder. i remember thinking there's no way this was random, but didn't want to speculate too much out of respect.

that said, sad to see his death being allegedly tied to a street transaction. people might get the wrong assumption thinking jmj was a thug or a goon. if true he was more likely an investor trying to flip a better roi than what he could get in the stock market. high return comes with high risk though. might have cost his life.

this is the dumbest shyt ever posted on the coli

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Queens itself had alot of talent...he could have been a streamline to the majors...

According to wikipedia, he played bass guitar/keyboard/drums...plus he was a dj...

There is no way on the earth of God he should have been in the streets...

I know part time djs who can get lined up wit gigs and run dmc dj cant?:dwillhuh: