BREAKING: Donald Trump Announces Plan 2 Remove Clinton Era Criminal Justice Laws That Hurt Black Men

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
^^^^ yet another reply that mentions nothing about reversing clintons policies, even though it's in the thread title.

but them turns around and says i'm the one being purposely ignorant :gucci:

you're running because you know you have no argument at this point....even if the coli wasn't here and this discussion wasn't taking place, the fact still remains that Trump just reversed policies that MANY people saw as racist:

Black Lives Matter activist says 'the Clintons' passed policy that led to mass incarceration
Cruel and Unusual Punishment: The Shame of Three Strikes Laws – Rolling Stone
Alotta these dudes on here will continue to defend Obama because he is a so called black man. The Clintons of the Democratic party passed a law that destroyed the black family.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
The only way to reverse Clinton's Crime Bill was through Congress because the bill Clinton signed was passed through both chambers of Congress. An Executive Order, or DOJ policy directive would not have been able to accomplish that.

so you have proof that obama even TRIED to reverse clintons policies? that he was interested in even doing so!?:jbhmm:

stop worshiping at the alter of Obama long enough to have a conversation like a rational thinking person.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Alotta these dudes on here will continue to defend Obama because he is a so called black man. The Clintons of the Democratic party passed a law that destroyed the black family.

what's crazy is that this has not an unfamiliar argument, black folks have been saying what you just said LONG before Trump was even thought of

ALL OF THESE WERE ABOUT PRISON REFORM:

now all of a sudden they can't stop juelzing because it happened under Trumps administration...the shyt is childish

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
so you have proof that obama even TRIED to reverse clintons policies? that he was interested in even doing so!?:jbhmm:

Well he did say that Obama had a bill in Congress that the Republicans obstructed and wouldn't vote on. So he suggesting that he has some proof. In fact, he says that here:

And I've mentioned multiple times that there were multiple sentencing bills in Congress meant to address this and they all died due to Republican obstruction.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn this thread got stupid. And of course you have the black alt right c00ns of the coli led by @Booker T Garvey using this to shyt on Obama like Obama didn't support the 2015 criminal justice reform bill that this bill is based on and the republicans refused to give a vote to because they said it was "soft on crime".

The criminal justice bill bringing President Obama and the Koch brothers together
"The Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act is starting to move through the Senate. Obama wants a bill on his desk this year."

As I said on the first page of this thread, the only reason Trump and republikkkans passed this now is because of their nieces and nephews currently being addicted to Opiods.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Well he did say that Obama had a bill in Congress that the Republicans obstructed and wouldn't vote on. So he suggesting that he has some proof. In fact, he says that here:

Okay....bruh, this is the thread title:
BREAKING: Donald Trump Announces Plan 2 Remove Clinton Era Criminal Justice Laws That Hurt Black Men

so again, for the 3rd time, you cats have proof that Obama tried to reverse the three strikes laws? the mandatory life sentence for drug dealers?

I'm just trying to stay on topic....let's keep the goal post behind the end zone fellas. :comeon:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Because he ain’t Louis Farrakhan nikka!!

He’s the president of ALL America not “Black America!”

You want him to be Tupac?!? You don’t know politics, he had to govern!!!

:troll:

:laff:

Exactly. c00ns were parroting this nonsense all 8 years after blacks broke records voting for his black ass. These Democrat c00ns can get all the way the fukk outta here.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

so again, for the 3rd time, you cats have proof that Obama tried to reverse the three strikes laws? the mandatory life sentence for drug dealers?

I'm just trying to stay on topic....let's keep the goal post behind the end zone fellas. :comeon:
"Bu bu bu my brothers keeper!" -Demcrat c00n

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

Well bruh, this is the 3rd time I've had to ask you in some form about the 2015 bill in relation to the OP and you kept ducking it. @Frank Grimes already answered your question and you ignored it and kept on with your narrative. So to answer your question definitively, yes. Obama did try to reverse it. In fact the reversal is on the first page,

Original - Text - S.2123 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act of 2015
GOP edits - Text - S.2123 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act of 2015
SEC. 101. Reduce and restrict enhanced sentencing for prior drug felonies.
(a) Controlled substances act amendments.—The Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 801 et seq.) is amended—
(i) by striking “If any person commits such a violation after a prior conviction for a felony drug offense has become final, such person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment which may not be less than 20 years” and inserting the following: “If any person commits such a violation after a prior conviction for a serious drug felony or serious violent felony has become final, such person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 15 years”; and

(ii) by striking “after two or more prior convictions for a felony drug offense have become final, such person shall be sentenced to a mandatory term of life imprisonment without release” and inserting the following: “after 2 or more prior convictions for a serious drug felony or serious violent felony have become final, such person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment of not less than 25 years”; and​

So clearly, yes Obama did try. Republicans removed a good chunk of the bill in 2015 and probably removed more in 2018.