BREAKING: Donald Trump Announces Plan 2 Remove Clinton Era Criminal Justice Laws That Hurt Black Men

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
damn this thread got stupid. And of course you have the black alt right c00ns of the coli led by @Booker T Garvey using this to shyt on Obama like Obama didn't support the 2015 criminal justice reform bill that this bill is based on and the republicans refused to give a vote to because they said it was "soft on crime".

The criminal justice bill bringing President Obama and the Koch brothers together
"The Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act is starting to move through the Senate. Obama wants a bill on his desk this year."

As I said on the first page of this thread, the only reason Trump and republikkkans passed this now is because of their nieces and nephews currently being addicted to Opiods.

They had to force McConnell and Trump to go through with it too. The sycophancy is astounding

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Well bruh, this is the 3rd time I've had to ask you in some form about the 2015 bill in relation to the OP and you kept ducking it. @Frank Grimes already answered your question and you ignored it and kept on with your narrative. So to answer your question definitively, yes. Obama did try to reverse it. In fact the reversal is on the first page,

Original - Text - S.2123 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act of 2015
GOP edits - Text - S.2123 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act of 2015

So clearly, yes Obama did try. Republicans removed a good chunk of the bill in 2015 and probably removed more in 2018.

well damn :ohhh:

+rep for this here

tenor.gif

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
They had to force McConnell and Trump to go through with it too. The sycophancy is astounding

that's politics for you though; Trump is taking full advantage of the power he has, something people wished barack had done during his first term, myself included.

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's politics for you though; Trump is taking full advantage of the power he has, something people wished barack had done during his first term, myself included.

Your attempts to turn everything into a win for trump and a loss for Obama is astounding.

Trump got this passed because the democrats wanted this as well and voted for it in a bipartisan matter.

Obama NEVER got this luxury, because republicans were united in obstructing him even if they agreed with him on this issue.

This doesn't show that Trump can take better advantage of his power than Obama, this shows how full of shyt republicans are.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

As blacks we gave Obama a pass for not doing shyt for us.

You two do realize that the reason Trump is getting away with as much as he is, is because Reid removed the 60 vote rule at the end of Obama's 1st year of his 2nd term because they couldn't get any federal judges through.

The nuclear option is a parliamentary procedure that allows the United States Senate to override a rule – specifically the 60-vote rule to close debate – by a simple majority of 51 votes, rather than the two-thirds supermajority normally required to amend the rules. The option is invoked when the majority leader raises a point of order that only a simple majority is needed to close debate on certain matters. The presiding officer denies the point of order based on Senate rules, but the ruling of the chair is then appealed and overturned by majority vote, establishing new precedent.

This procedure effectively allows the Senate to decide any issue by simple majority vote, regardless of existing procedural rules such as Rule XXII which requires the consent of 60 senators (out of 100) to end a filibuster for legislation, and 67 for amending a Senate rule. The term "nuclear option" is an analogy to nuclear weapons being the most extreme option in warfare.

In November 2013, Senate Democrats led by Harry Reid used the nuclear option to eliminate the 60-vote rule on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments, but not for the Supreme Court[1]. In April 2017, Senate Republicans led by Mitch McConnell extended the nuclear option to Supreme Court and the nomination of Neil Gorsuch ending the debate[2].

Obama nor Reid had this option for the vast majority of his 1st term. Also, the Dems lost the House in the midterms, 2010. The incessant and illogical Obama bashing has to stop.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You don't want us to be sycophantic liberals. Don't be sycophantic conservatives. :ufdup:

never that...I just accept things as they are; and for whatever reason Obama didn't get get those three strikes laws done, but I'm glad he at least tried :hubie:

I always liked that quote he made about people who commit drug crimes owing a debt, but not 20 years...

and I also feel like he fukked up by not getting behind the first step act...it's almost like as a private citizen he could care less, surely he believes in this and it wasn't just political :coffee:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Obama nor Reid had this option for the vast majority of his 1st term. Also, the Dems lost the House in the midterms, 2010. The incessant and illogical Obama bashing has to stop.

and the incessant obama dikk guzzling needs to stop too :umad:

I find it hilarious that you cats love bringing up all the things republicans did, but NEVER, EEEEVER talk about all the shyt that obama accomplished that didn't benefit ANY of us

how does gay marriage, DACA, and don't ask don't tell benefit anybody reading this? why was everything for black people and the working class blocked?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
and I also feel like he fukked up by not getting behind the first step act...it's almost like as a private citizen he could care less, surely he believes in this and it wasn't just political :coffee:

If you compare the 1st step act with what was originally written, then you'd know that the original bill was much better and fairer and retroactive. Plus, I hear that the version of the bill that passed had an exception for opioid abusers that other drug users didn't get.

That's probably why he didn't support it.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
If you compare the 1st step act with what was originally written, then you'd know that the original bill was much better and fairer and retroactive. Plus, I hear that the version of the bill that passed had an exception for opioid abusers that other drug users didn't get.

That's probably why he didn't support it.

I don't believe that's why he didn't support it, Obama just doesn't fukk w/Trump plain and simple.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I don't believe that's why he didn't support it, Obama just doesn't fukk w/Trump plain and simple.

See. That's incessant and illogical. Especially given that there's observable factual evidence that the original 2015 bill is far more beneficial to drug users and dealers than the 2018 bill.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
You can't deny that Obama got a lot of shyt done, that flat out doesn't effect us. that's not even hate it's just an observation.

If Republicans led by McConnell purposefully refused to allow the 2015 bill to be voted on, something that would benefit disenfranchised black people immensely, then what makes you think that he didn't do that to other legislation that would have benefited black people?