BREAKING: Donald Trump Announces Plan 2 Remove Clinton Era Criminal Justice Laws That Hurt Black Men

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
your SAT scores must have been hella low. What you're posting makes no sense.

You specifically said Mitch did not try to block anything Obama did, you almost heralded the man as if he Joe Biden, right by Obama's side. You listed ACA as one of the accomplishments that he didn't try to block.

I showed you the voting registry showing he not only voted no (not to mention republicans continued to change key passages in the ACA) but he continued to vote to try to repeal ACA. I don't know what your definition of "block", "obstruction", or "destroy" is but all of the above sounds like they fit the definition to a T

I can see why you're in the 1K in the red...I never said anything about mitch mconnell you did.

i'm merely asking why didn't mitch mconnell (or anybody) block that huge list of things that Obama did for latino's and you're refusing to answer

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
I see your point but you do realize much of what is listed were ideas considered too liberal in the past. I have very mixed emotions about elected officials championing legal system reform when they pushed back real hard on Holder's plans. Having lost two brothers to the heroin problem in Baltimore. I remember back in the day when some wanted to treat drug addiction as a health problem, almost all conservatives and many moderates thought the concept was too leftist. Because it was mainly black, brown and poor folk, nobody gave a fukk but now that their kids in the suburbs are succumbing to opiate addiction, something needs to be done? Black folk lost, at least, an entire generation to the drug game and nobody did shyt but put us in prison. Reagan, G.H.W. Bush, and Clinton were all complicit. Everyone wants to place almost sole blame on Clinton but who was president when the crack epidemic and hiv infection, as a result of heroin use, hit its peak? Any legislation now is to protect white folk from being in a system that has set black folk back at least 50 years. True reform would also encompass holding police, prosecutors and judges more accountable. Because as long as these people have unbridled discretion, no so called reform means anything. So forgive me for not sucking off Trump with this. Maybe my personal experiences growing up in Baltimore and D.C. in the eighties has jaded me as far as believing any politician wants what's best for black people. When I see a significant reduction in black folk being arrested, charged and convicted, then I'll be a supporter, until then all those b*stards can :camby:I can't believe so many of you are falling for the words of a known con man. :snoop:
Truth spoken out of season bears no fruit

Obviously.

And i dont even see how this helps whites cuz they are Dying of drugs... This plan is more or less for petty crimes.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Not getting hopes up .

Do I need to reup that HBCU meeting thread and all the people who had to eat crow on that afterwards? People were acting really Aggy about people suggesting maybe, maybe , based on Trump's temperament and decades of scamming and bullshytting that maybe this was a shrewd and empty political stunt. Not sure why the same energy of sketpicism can't apply here.

This dude is a master talker and bullshytter. Period.

Trump has spent more $$$ on HBCU's than any other president:

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...o-hbcus-than-any-other-president/65-543185506

and here's the actual OFFICIAL document to verify:

Trump does things to destroy, humiliate, and embarrass his opposition - no he doesn't sit around crying about the plight of black people
but take his 48 laws/Art of War business strategies and use them to our advantage...
we don't have to LIKE people to benefit from them and do business with them. when we collectively learn this, we will be fine.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And why shouldn’t they? That’s what all parties are clamoring for? More votes? But if Trump really does appeal this, he definately deserves them. FACTS.

shut the fukk up fagget trump aint gonna do shyt this is all for show, what happened to all the HBCU money he promised?

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can see why you're in the 1K in the red...I never said anything about mitch mconnell you did.

i'm merely asking why didn't mitch mconnell (or anybody) block that huge list of things that Obama did for latino's and you're refusing to answer

Obama didn’t do much for Latinos except for DACA (which isn’t specifically for Latinos) which he did via executive order.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Telling on yourself. Whites sell drugs st the exact same rates as blacks do.

When did I say compared to “blacks” moron...because white and black people are the only people who sale drugs, opioids specifically...?

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Suppose the Republicans tie this bill with the border wall, or some hard lined immigration reform..:jbhmm:

Imagine the black caucus, who are hell bent on illegal immigration, blocking a bill that would initiate prison reform..:patrice:

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
Trump has spent more $$$ on HBCU's than any other president:

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...o-hbcus-than-any-other-president/65-543185506

and here's the actual OFFICIAL document to verify:

Trump does things to destroy, humiliate, and embarrass his opposition - no he doesn't sit around crying about the plight of black people
but take his 48 laws/Art of War business strategies and use them to our advantage...
we don't have to LIKE people to benefit from them and do business with them. when we collectively learn this, we will be fine.

:what:This is the product of an annual incremental increase proposed by the DOE YEARSSS ago. The govmt will donote more and more every few years or so regardless of whos in office unless told otherwise. No president has ever said no. There is an obvious trajectory here. You honestly think Agent Orange gave his own money to this cause on his own accord? I swear Yall will believe ANYTHING to prop up this dude up.:snoop:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
This is the product of an annual incremental increase proposed by the DOE YEARSSS ago. The govmt will donote more and more every few years or so regardless of whos in office unless told otherwise. No president has ever said no.

So how do you explain 2008 - 2015!?! :what:

No seriously, explain those fluctuating numbers based on what you just said

Gravity

Banned
Daps
When did I say compared to “blacks” moron...because white and black people are the only people who sale drugs, opioids specifically...?
You said that whites use opioids but don’t sell them and that’s not true you slack jawed fakkit piece of shyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So I'm trying to understand what people here are saying. :why:

Democrats have been trying to pass sentencing reform for years, Obama successfully passed one sentencing reform bill in 2010 but Republicans blocked his efforts to do more so he had to do the rest of the reforms via executive order, Trump's DOJ openly reversed all the pro-defendant sentence reform instructions that Obama had signed, now Trump is claiming that he'll cosign an extremely watered-down, weakened version of what Democrats have already put forth repeatedly....and some of ya'all are saying that's a reason to vote for Republicans? :gucci:

It's like if Larry at a company offered you an $80,000/year gig but his co-owner Gary blocked you from getting the job for two years, then Gary finally relented and gave you the gig for just $40,000/year, so you started kissing Gary's ass and profusely thanking him for letting you in at all. :skip:

The best thing about this though is that Trump devotees actually have to switch up their tune and claim that sentencing reform is a good thing now. :ehh:

After two years of the most anti-sentencing reform DOJ in our lifetimes, they gonna do a sudden 180 now? :pachaha:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Have you all actually seen what all is in this #FIRSTSTEP act?

S. 2795 - The FIRST STEP Act

Creation and expansion of life-changing classes by authorizing $250 million over five years to the BOP for the development and expansion of programming focused on skill-building, education and vocational training.
Dignity for women by banning the shackling of pregnant women and extending those protections to three months after her pregnancy.
Expand Compassionate release by reducing the minimum age of prisoner eligibility for elderly release from 65 years of age to 60 years of age, and minimum time served of prisoner eligibility for elderly release from 75% to 2/3.
Move people closer to home because contact with family is one of the most important aspects that will help individuals reintegrate into society successfully. That’s why the bill mandates that prisoners shall be placed within 500 driving miles of their families, because the journey to visit loved ones in prison can be extremely burdensome and cost-prohibitive for families.

wtf are democrats doing!? all of this is right up their alley

As you can see in this thread

All Democrats do is complain, good or bad

They spent 40 yrs ignoring real shyt so they feel embarrassed that a piece of work like trump would cosign and push this bill

Are ya'all insane? The Democrats long ago wrote up far STRONGER versions of this bill. The Republicans have refused to sign off on it, so this year the best they got was this vastly weakened version of the bill.

You're literally blaming the Democrats for not doing what they already been trying to do and praising the Republicans for doing a weak-ass version of the same thing they've been blocking for years.

:mindblown: