BREAKING: California Democrats purposely kill Reparations bills SB1331 and SB1403

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I'm not buying it because that would infer they are worried it would pass elsewhere. Why would that be the case from their perspective knowing how unpopular it is?
Elsewhere, where? Only CA is doing this. And seeing that the GOP is throwing everything at the wall hoping something sticks, it would be crazy to give them this 2 months from the election.

Big picture, I can understand it. Personally, it sucks. In December/January, if Dems still don't pass it. Then far better political minds will have to explain it, because as of now, I couldn't.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
People keep posting that Gallup poll showing white support at 18% - 20% unrealizing just about 20 years ago white support for reparations was below 5%. That is a significant jump in less than 20 years.

But you can't hope people come around to the idea. People ultimately respect strength, not the weak and passive, "it'll never pass."

No one cares what you support.

:camby:

People still have to be reminded that Civil Rights (MLK portion) was at least a 15 year if not 18 year struggle. We just got to 10 years, if you start the timeline at when "The Case for Reparations" was published.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I didn’t say you were anti-black American. I said the post was anti-black American. Which it was because it’s a pointless deflection to distract from the thread topic. Just look at who dapped the post.

no it wasn't, look up the definition of the phrase and reread the posts prior to mines. I know propaganda tactics when i see it. theres valid criticisms to be made for sure for the failure of the bill to pass but it's TLR rhetoric by the usual suspects instead.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This fool is using trump whataboutisms in a thread about democrats killing reparations legislation on the state level in California :dead:

trump wrote unprecedented executive orders, he was without a doubt the most unprecedented U.S president ever breaking all kinds of political norms. he raisted the deficit during covid giving trillions to his wealthy donors. he could have done so if he wanted. he's not even president and he ordered congress to stop teh border bill and they did as instructed. has u.s senator and house reps at his trial everyday for a week giving press conferences. of he wanted a reparations bill of any amount they would have done what he instructed.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
giphy.gif

Geordi

All Star
Daps
This fool is using trump whataboutisms in a thread about democrats killing reparations legislation on the state level in California :dead:
Professor Emeritus said the bill nobody here knew about wasnt killed only delayed. So was it delayed or what?

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
Elsewhere, where? Only CA is doing this. And seeing that the GOP is throwing everything at the wall hoping something sticks, it would be crazy to give them this 2 months from the election.

Big picture, I can understand it. Personally, it sucks. In December/January, if Dems still don't pass it. Then far better political minds will have to explain it, because as of now, I couldn't.

That's my point. If the thought is that passing the bill will hurt Kamala's chances in the national election then the reasoning would be a fear (racism) it will pass somewhere else and alienate people who would have otherwise voted for her. If this is as unpopular as people have stated then it has no chance of happening anywhere else in the country save maybe NY. That doesn't add up to me.

In my view 'if' there is a conspiracy to tank this bill via democrats it is more about controlling the black vote. Passing this gives blacks who vote democrat a point of leverage instead of this cycle of pushing our concerns to the side in order to fight the existential threat from the republican side. In other words black people will be able to see that yes you can get something for your vote and yes you should fight for policy that specifically helps you same as other groups.

I just don't know for certain that this conspiracy to tank the bill exists they way some folks have presented it.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
That's my point. If the thought is that passing the bill will hurt Kamala's chances in the national election then the reasoning would be a fear (racism) it will pass somewhere else and alienate people who would have otherwise voted for her. If this is as unpopular as people have stated then it has no chance of happening anywhere else in the country save maybe NY. That doesn't add up to me.

In my view 'if' there is a conspiracy to tank this bill via democrats it is more about controlling the black vote. Passing this gives blacks who vote democrat a point of leverage instead of this cycle of pushing our concerns to the side in order to fight the existential threat from the republican side. In other words black people will be able to see that yes you can get something for your vote and yes you should fight for policy that specifically helps you same as other groups.

I just don't know for certain that this conspiracy to tank the bill exists they way some folks have presented it.
Again, irrationality. Kamala is from CA. Newsom will run for President and he's currently the governor of CA. Plus they supposedly are friends. So it's not difficult to see how irrational conspiracies from the GOP side will start to run rampant.