BREAKING: California Democrats purposely kill Reparations bills SB1331 and SB1403

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Aren’t one of the biggest shills on here?

If this was a Republican governor you would have been screaming about “bothsiders”

Now it’s a democrat governor and all of a sudden it’s “white america”

Shills have no shame in your game :mjlol:

shut up fukk nikka.

if you even black.

I've been consistent in this whole reparations shyt.

These crackaz will NEVER let that go down in this country. ESPECIALLY now.

Shut up cracka.

edit; And fukk Republicans too. Coward bytches.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Im not for reparations...
but in California I am because they are giving way too much money to illegals for them to not give to black folks

bnew

Veteran
Daps

those threads are 2-4 years old and talk about a task force that precedes this bill so no this bill SB 1403 & SB 1331 wasn't discussed on the forum before. in fact the bill mentioned the previous law that created the task force. no thread for this bill since it was introduced almost 7 months ago.

mYCNFte.png

Tair

Superstar
Daps
People keep posting that Gallup poll showing white support at 18% - 20% unrealizing just about 20 years ago white support for reparations was below 5%. That is a significant jump in less than 20 years.

But you can't hope people come around to the idea. People ultimately respect strength, not the weak and passive, "it'll never pass."

Im not for reparations...
but in California I am because they are giving way too much money to illegals for them to not give to black folks

No one cares what you support.

:camby:

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
White “liberal” Americans are just as racist as the confederate republican Americans. That’s what people labeled as “bothsiders” keep reiterating.

It would hurt Kamala’s chances because the visual of a “black” woman becoming president at the same time black Americans in California are getting reparations would trigger the racial paranoia of white Americans. These are the same people who believe in racial conspiracy theories such as “the great replacement theory”

I think, yes speculation, that they don't want this bill being attached to Kamala just yet. Let the Prez election happen. Then vote on the two bills in December because you know it won't affect the Prez, US House, or US Senate elections.

75% of White Americans are afraid of reparations and if this passes then Kamala's opposition definitely would have tried to use it against her. Anti-black influencers ALWAYS use the "they're just asking for reparations!" argument against Black candidates.

I get the overall disfavor for reparations from whites but I'm not buying that this passing in CA can competently be attached to Kamala. She's already on record saying she wasn't going to do anything that was only going to benefit black people and most certainly would not support a federal version.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I get the overall disfavor for reparations from whites but I'm not buying that this passing in CA can competently be attached to Kamala. She's already on record saying she wasn't going to do anything that was only going to benefit black people and most certainly would not support a federal version.
If voters were rational, then I'd agree. But it doesn't take much for people to be irrational, especially politically irrational. And reparations is a hot-button issue across the board. So moderates, independents, on-the-fence, non-maga GOPs, may get swayed by mis- and disinformation about this.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
If voters were rational, then I'd agree. But it doesn't take much for people to be irrational, especially politically irrational. And reparations is a hot-button issue across the board. So moderates, independents, on-the-fence, non-maga GOPs, may get swayed by mis- and disinformation about this.

I'm not buying it because that would infer they are worried it would pass elsewhere. Why would that be the case from their perspective knowing how unpopular it is?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Look at the tethers and cac posters like @Roger king who are too p*ssy to post in threads but are always dapping up anti-black American posts like this one. :scust:

thats a new slander :unimpressed:

they won't ever make the mistake of giving black intellectuals a national platform to speak about anything competently. :francis:

Marion Stokes Movies & Video Collection : Free Movies : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive

"
Input - #30 - Black Reparations - Part 1 [1" tape"

So... according to them it would take $15 Trillion of direct reparations to eliminate the wealth gap.

If we do race-neutral policies, it'd take upwards of $30 Trillion.

Key Findings​

• There is no evidence that the wealth gap could ever close without significant intervention. Wealth-allocation policies can close the racial wealth gap, but only if coupled with broader policies aimed at reducing overall wealth inequality in the United States.

• Over the past 30 years, the wealth gap has widened rather than narrowed.

• A wealth-allocation policy of $500 billion, spread equally across all Black households, could reduce median wealth disparity by 17 percent; a policy of $1.5 trillion could halve median disparity; and a policy of $3 trillion could eliminate median wealth disparity.

• Focusing instead on mean wealth disparity, a wealth-allocation policy of $7.5 trillion, spread equally across all Black households, could reduce mean wealth disparity by 50 percent, and a policy of $15 trillion could eliminate mean wealth disparity.

• Given the larger percentage of Black households toward the bottom of the wealth distribution, Black households benefit relatively more than white households by race-neutral allocations. The effect is, however, small: A 30-percent reduction in median disparity would require a total allocation of $9.6 trillion.

• Equal allocations to all Black households lead to better results for disparity compared with race-neutral policies that use small to moderate total allocation values. However, as wealth-allocation policy grows to include more households, race-neutral policies will have larger impacts on overall disparity.

• Targeted wealth-allocation policies are better at disparity reduction than their equivalent equal non-targeted policies. Under these targeted policies, median wealth disparity could be halved with a $760-billion policy and eliminated with a $1.6-trillion policy.