BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because of his dumbass

He gave her the ID and she didn't verify the name. All she had to do was look at it and see if it matched. He already swiped his card and entered his pin. There was no reason to suspect it was a robbery after he presented proof it's his account.

And the manager is an idiot for not handling it after she goofed.

The Bank even said it was their fault.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
30FRUITVALE2-articleLarge.jpg

This situation should never have happened,” Coogler told Variety in a statement. “However, Bank of America worked with me and addressed it to my satisfaction and we have moved on.

AKA BOA blessed his account with an extra 50Gs

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
He gave her the ID and she didn't verify the name. All she had to do was look at it and see if it matched. He already swiped his card and entered his pin. There was no reason to suspect it was a robbery after he presented proof it's his account.

And the manager is an idiot for not handling it after she goofed.

The Bank even said it was their fault.
go to your local bank and do the same shyt he did and see if they make the same mistake

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
He was trying to be careful, probably due to experience

Reason he didn't call ahead was one too many people would be in the know.

He figured there'd be some sheisty people working in the bank that could tip off their people and get him jammed up.
I don't know what it is to be a multimillionaire and frequently withdraw that amount of cash. I hardly use cash as it is. I'm just saying, whether it's right or wrong, you cannot move like that in a bank. Even for us ordinary folks. You're flagged at a certain threshold well before 12k. Some banks will even run your social through a database. Why not go to the office or cubicle of one of the bankers? Why not get the manager? Not saying he had to call. I hate, hate (HATE) that he had the police summoned on him...especially being the man that made Fruitvale Station :mindblown:. But I just can't imagine how he thought writing a note on a crinkled up bank slip was the best way to go about it. The whole thing is weird.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Suck a dikk. I didn’t realize she fukked up with certain things and admitted it. If the nikka went in there passing notes with a mask on and sunglasses without providing identification and asking for money he would’ve been a complete dumb ass. Matter fact there still was no one smart in this situation. Homie or the teller.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
This would not have happened at Citizen's Trust Bank :mjpls: