BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think you can move as much money as you want, it's just when the amount exceeds a certain amount you will be questioned by the IRS which might have been the reason coogler wanted cash. That is why when I gamble I stop when I win around 9k to avoid the tax hit.

Or hell maybe he was getting robbed and purposely did this dumb shyt to get the police involved. Would make a great movie for him lol
I just googled it, but for example, with Zelle, Chase only allows you to send 2K in a single transaction. Cash App starts with a send limit of 2500 if you have a verified bank account that you can raise to 7500.

PayPal has the largest amount that I'm seeing. With a verified account it says you can send up to 60K but says you can be limited to 10K

So whoever he was sending the 12K to would of had to have a verified PayPal account in order to for him to just send him that much in 1 transaction.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If you’re doing all of these major transactions, you’d know that you aren’t going to walk up to the bank teller and withdraw more than $10,000 and they are going to process it and give you your money. Unless you talking bout back in 1969.

I don’t want to get into it with anybody in this thread, but you’re either not in the US, severely exaggerating, or just straight up lying.

How to Take a Large Amount of Cash out of a Bank Account

The money in your bank account belongs to you, so it would seem that you can do whatever you like with it, including withdrawing large amounts of cash. You can in fact do so, but large withdrawals are subject to certain rules. The federal government requires banks to report both deposits and withdrawals of $10,000 or more. Your bank may also have some rules you must follow. While they can't stop you from accessing your own money, they may need time to gather enough cash on site. Large withdrawals require both identification and an explanation. If you provide both of these things and have ample time, your transaction will go smoothly.

Federal Rules
In 1970, the U.S. passed the Bank Secrecy Act into law to help prevent money laundering. After 9/11, the Patriot Act added additional requirements to the BSA in an effort to de-fund terrorism. Under these laws, your bank must report any cash withdrawals or deposits of $10,000 or more to the IRS. You aren't allowed to work around the law by making several smaller deposits or withdrawals. Known as structuring, the act of intentionally making small withdrawals to avoid IRS reporting is illegal.

For reporting purposes, your bank must count all of the withdrawals you make in a single day. This means that making a cash withdrawal of $5,000 in the morning and another $5,000 withdrawal in the afternoon will still result in a report to the IRS. Your bank must also report you if they suspect that you're making large withdrawals a few days apart in an effort to avoid the reporting mandate of the BSA.
Or maybe you just don’t know what the fukk you are talking about? :mjlol: And you are gonna “get into” because not only did you already do it, you’re attempting to call someone else a liar. So let me ask you what it is you do for a living champ? Because you posting that the bank has to report transactions the IRS is not only obvious so I have no clue why you even posted that as if it’s a smoking gun. :heh: It’s also entirely irrelevant to the conversation because the IRS reporting doesn’t stop the transaction. Nor is it an issue that it’s reported because not only is every transaction reconciled monthly and filed with our 941 with GAAS/GAAP, we also are tax exempt and don’t pay taxes anyway. So what the fukk you hop in this conversation for when you clearly don’t know what the fukk you talking about and likely have no experience in this matter at all. I’ve been withdrawing and depositing at least $120-150k every month, for 8 or 9yrs now.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
This is why you have a contact at the bank. Someone you can go into an office with and then have stuff like this brought into the office. Tellers are always on high alert to somebody jacking them because of their training.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Police searching for masked suspect in Athens bank robbery
Athens-Bank-Robbery-Suspect.jpg

Coogler basically went up in there and did like 95% of the shyt bank robbers do. :mjlol:

Why do y'all like to lie on Black Men?

When did Coogler "demand" for money to be put in a bag?

In that story the man told the teller to put a bunch of money in a bag.

In this story Coogler asked the woman to withdraw money from HIS OWN ACCOUNT.

How can someone rob their own bank account? :dead:

when the teller went to make the transaction on her computer, it triggered some sort of an alert. So, she told her boss Coogler was attempting to rob the bank, and they called 911.'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Wrongly Targeted in Bank Robbery Call

The teller, however, misinterpreted the situation as an attempted robbery when the amount of the transaction exceeded $10,000 and triggered an alert notification from Coogler’s bank account. The teller then informed her boss that she suspected it was a robbery attempt and together they called the police.'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Was Mistaken for a Bank Robber - Variety

For her to process the transaction Coogler would have had to shown her ID and provide his account information. The alert came up because the withdrawal is over $10k But since Coogler is a black man making a big withdrawal, she profiled him and called the police.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Why do y'all like to lie on Black Men?

When did Coogler "demand" for money to be put in a bag?

In that story the man told the teller to put a bunch of money in a bag.

In this story Coogler asked the woman to withdraw money from HIS OWN ACCOUNT.

How can someone rob their own bank account? :dead:

For her to process the transaction Coogler would have had to shown her ID and provide his account information. The alert came up because the withdrawal is over $10k But since Coogler is a black man, she profiled him and called the police.
you're fighting too hard here. Would you advise somebody to withdraw money this way? Real question.

This dude basically did about 95% of what bank robbers do. Look up "bank robber note" on google images and how he looks in that pic blends in perfectly with all the actual bank robber images. And he's up here talking abut "be discreet" and all that. In that teller's head, every single "this is a robbery" trigger is going off.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Twitter made this a lot funnier than it actually was, especially after I saw the actual video. That cop instantly pulled his gun then put it back, and then the fat bytch later on talking about “good job officer”. She should be out of a job for a gross mistake on her end that could’ve gotten somebody killed. She should be getting doxed right now. I get that the note looked goofy, but (assuming he gave her his card/ID), she had his information knowing full well it was an actual transaction.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Twitter made this a lot funnier than it actually was, especially after I saw the actual video. That cop instantly pulled his gun then put it back, and then the fat bytch later on talking about “good job officer”. She should be out of a job for a gross mistake on her end that could’ve gotten somebody killed. She should be getting doxed right now. I get that the note looked goofy, but (assuming he gave her his card/ID), she had his information knowing full well it was an actual transaction.
After watching the video I understand now and I'm on his side
He's just didn't know better
From his voice he a hood nikka even tho he directed one of the biggest movies of this generation

He probably always did that and it wasn't a problem
I hate ppl who smile in your face and try to snitch you out, when you're in the right
(He should have handled it better, but she could have asked for more info.)

At BoA when I had it you don't show ID, just swipe the card and enter the pin
She should have asked for it at that point

And could have told him a better way to do it in the future

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
you're fighting too hard here. Would you advise somebody to withdraw money this way? Real question.

This dude basically did about 95% of what bank robbers do. Look up "bank robber note" on google images and how he looks in that pic blends in perfectly with all the actual bank robber images. And he's up here talking abut "be discreet" and all that. In that teller's head, every single "this is a robbery" trigger is going off.

What bank robber asks to make a cash withdrawal from their own bank account along with providing ID when "robbing a bank"? :dead:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Peep the "good job" from the c00n bank teller @ 1:01

There's also a white man opposite coogler in the bank as he's arrested, with a mask, hat and glasses on, can y'all c00ns try and splain why police weren't also called for him? :jbhmm:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It’s his money in HIS checking account.

I mean, grand opening. Grand closing.

:what:

Edit - I just saw a photo of the note.... yeah I'm not sure about this one

:patrice:
Said the same before I saw the photo :dead:

Thought it was just the mask…,nikka dressed up like Pink Panther in disguise passing notes :russ: