BREAKING: Black Panther director Ryan Coogler - Banking while Black

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I was on his side until I saw the note. Dude didn't put his name or checking account # on the note and handwrote it

acecb824221f4826a7d207e71d5a8e3e_md.png
He should have had his pistol out to just in case somebody might have jumped him. I betcha the guys in the SUV had the engine running to keep the heat on.

Obviously, this is a clear case of racism, and the bank teller is team :mjpls:

:troll:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I was on his side until I saw the note. Dude didn't put his name or checking account # on the note and handwrote it

acecb824221f4826a7d207e71d5a8e3e_md.png
I guess he don't want to be followed, but at the same time go to a bank that handles high ene clientele if you want to be "discreet"

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Who said that’s all he did? :gucci:
What makes you think the director of a billion dollar franchise would think he only needs a note to pull money from his account?

You read the article? That’s what it said he did. Nothing about his ID, withdrawal slip, nothing. Just a note.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I guess he don't want to be followed, but at the same time go to a bank that handles high ene clientele if you want to be "discreet"

The thing is he had two boys with him. If he was scared or didn’t want to be robbed he could have had his boys in their with him and not do this crazy unibomber shyt. Sounds like he trying to buy a pack :skip:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
this is bullshyt tho.

when we was masked up, I needed to transfer 10K from one account to another, and my credit union was trippin about their cashier check machine being broke, so I told them to run me that cash instead. and they started trippin. so I got pissed and eventually talked to the manager who ran me that bread. I actually ended up taking out $9900, cuz 10K automatically alerts the IRS and what not.

my credit union account is an account I divert savings to every paycheck and I have no checks or ATM card for it, so whenever I need to get money, I have to go in person.

Yea none of what you posted applies here tho

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I used to be a banker, and anyone who's worked in a bank at any level from teller up to branch manager, goes through CONSTANT training about robberies.

Do you want to know what the most common form of bank robbery is nowadays?

Someone passing a note to a teller asking them to discreetly withdraw large sum of money and not alert anyone else around.
I don't even know why you even responded with real life experience and knowledgeable facts. Somebody is going to still argue with with you posting smilies trying to clown you even though they have no clue what the fukk they talking bout.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
And what makes you think that this was Cooglers first time going to a bank that he has an account with? :gucci:

What makes you think that a man with millions of dollars of income has never withdrew $12,000? Meaning he ALSO has a history with the bank.
:gucci:

And who in America WASNT wearing a mask in the last 2yrs when they went into a bank?
:gucci:

The note is crazy ONLY if they hadn’t verified him as the account holder. We don’t know that yet because everyone is talking about the note and not the process. You said you worked for the bank, you know this bro. If you were the teller and I enter my card and pin for you to access my account and you say “Welcome back Mr. Archer, how can I help you?”…and I hand you this note saying I want to withdraw $12k from MY account but please count it discretely”-

While it may be weird, you already have confirmed my account, you clearly see that $12k is no large sum to me compared to my account. Like you said, you see my account history of large purchases or withdrawals so this is not out of the ordinary for a person with my income, a rational person wouldn’t disregard all that info you said they have. So it’s an irrational response to only an unorthodox method of request. The most she should’ve done would be to ask a manager what to do and perhaps ask for a little more verification such as ID and more account information as well as the signature match verification (Chase does this).
Where you're missing the point is

It's not any one thing he did. It's three. He's not just wearing a mask. My guy was in there dressed like the unibomber.He's setting off three red flags simultaneously. What you're calling an "unorthodox" transaction is almost the definition of what a criminal move in a bank looks like. His appearance, the amount, and the note.

That's why I keep on saying, I don't even know what's being argued here. He basically hit the sweet spot of how to appear criminal in a bank. I clearly cannot explain to you how much passing that note was the line crossing moment.

And you keep talking about debit cards and ID. They're stolen all the time. They're faked all the time. We live in the age of the scammer. I don't understand why you think debit cards and ID's are the end of the road :gucci:

The only time my branch was ever robbed? It was a woman who handed over an id and a credit card who got $7k. The teller was out on probation and missed out on bonuses for six months because they ignored all the other red flags because they had ID.

Don't move the way he was moving in a bank. Dudes are tryna help y'all :dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Well, the way he looked in that TMZ photo I can see why the bank teller might've made that assumption but at the same time, I wouldn't be too quick to say that it couldn't have been on some “:mjpls:” shyt either.

You can never tell with cacs and their scary asses..it could've been a mix of both...

He's Black, wearing a hoodie, black beanie, and shades shyt a matter of fact, to even assume he was a robber in itself is already suspect, and like I said when dealing with cacs you can never tell because just being Black and walking or dressing a “certain” way scares them even if their assumptions and conclusions about you have no merit.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Well, the way he looked in that TMZ photo I can see why the bank teller might've made that assumption but at the same time, I wouldn't be too quick to say that it couldn't have been on some “:mjpls:” shyt either.

You can never tell with cacs and their scary asses..it could've been a mix of both...

He's Black, wearing a hoodie, black beanie, and shades shyt a matter of fact, to even assume he was a robber in itself is already suspect, and like I said when dealing with cacs you can never tell because just being Black and walking or dressing a “certain” way scares them even if what they're assuming about you has no merit.
He wasn't dealing with cac's. the Teller was black.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This is only tragic if he used the damn banking slip.

Just a note ?

Teller like.

I don't know you :mindblown:

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
Breh walked in mask on hat on and shades on and put an awkward weird ass note out there. Imean how about respecting the teller...

And if ur so concerned about being a "star" and recognizable get ur homeboy to do it...

He acting like they gonna bring out a duffle bag of 100k to him. Breh asked for 12 grand. It's a stack of 100s that can be folded and placed in ur pocket.

Clown shyt from the jump....

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther director Ryan Coogler was mistaken for bank robber and ARRESTED after a passing note to pregnant Bank of America cashier asking them to withdraw $12,000 from his account and count it 'discreetly'
  • Coogler walked into the Bank of America branch in Atlanta in January
  • He passed a note to the pregnant cashier asking for $12,000 in cash
  • He wrote: 'Please do the money count somewhere else. I'd like to be discreet'
  • The bank teller mistook the incident for an attempted robbery and alerted police
  • Cops arrived and detained two people waiting for Coogler in an SUV outside
  • They then went inside and put the 35-year-old director in handcuffs
  • They let him go once they realized the incident was a misunderstanding
  • It remains unclear why Coogler needed $12,000 in cash
:mjpls:

Black Panther director Ryan Coogler was mistaken for a bank robber and briefly arrested in January after walking into a Bank of America in Atlanta wearing sunglasses, a hat and a mask and asking the cashier to 'discreetly' withdraw $12,000 from his account.

The incident occurred sometime in January but was revealed by TMZ on Wednesday morning. Coogler, 35, walked into the bank wearing a green hoodie, black beanie and sunglasses.

He passed the cashier a note which read: 'I would like to withdraw $12,000 CASH from my checking account.

It remains unclear why he needed the money, or why two others had driven him there in an SUV to retrieve it.

:mjpls:

'Please do the money count somewhere else. I'd like to be discreet.'

55142487-10594109-image-a-1_1646830876782.jpg

The note spooked the cashier, who was described in the police report as a 'pregnant black woman'.

She called police claiming Coogler was a bank robber.

Police arrived and detained two people who were waiting for him in an SUV parked outside.

TMZ reports that they then went inside the bank and placed Coogler in handcuffs too.

Once they realized it was a misunderstanding, they let him go.

Black Panther director Ryan Coogler mistaken for bank robber | Daily Mail Online

2dcf39cdd38d4d8ba6fcb1ffb992717f_md.jpg

'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Wrongly Targeted in Bank Robbery Call

Idiot :russ: