Breaking Bad

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If your so inclined, u can download the app hola for Firefox, which allows you to switch regions on netflix...switch to Norway and better call Saul is there..
is there actually a chance they'll make a spin off of fring? ive watched some interviews where its been discussed by esposito

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
is there actually a chance they'll make a spin off of fring? ive watched some interviews where its been discussed by esposito
Hmmm not sure, you would haveto ask @hexagram23 ....im sure he would love to do it...as is the case w/many actors on the show, seems like they would all be down to reprise their roles...esp aaron paul

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walt explained to Gus why he was so attached to Pinkman in season 2, episode 11:

Prior to his cancer diagnosis Walt didn't have a backbone....how suddenly he has a guy that'll do literally anything for him, including murder. It's a powerful thing.

Even in season 5B, when it's obvious he's lost control of Jesse....it's obvious to everyone except Walt. When he finally realizes, is when Walt tried to have him killed.

As far as Gus, and the meeting, Walt requested it. Gus could've refused, but :manny: at that point he was trying to keep Walt happy.

Lastly, and this is open to opinion....it wasn't necessarily Jesse that started the dominoes falling with Fring. In season 2 Walt told Jesse to expand into new areas after word spread that Jesse killed someone with an ATM, remember? Jesse was against it....Walt convinced him it was a good idea, which is why Combo got killed, which led to Jesse wanting to kill Gus's guys.

Fred.

walt had the illusion that he could control jesse but he couldnt. i mean look at the situation with jane, he got punked into giving him his money with threats and of course he let nature take its course and conclude that situation. he just liked having a errand boy until he got too big for his britches. the thing with combo, jesse didnt even care when he died, did he even want retaliation because his killers wouldnt of been hard to find. he just had a hard on for andrea and wanted to save thomas to look like a hero to her and her mother. not even frings power could keep jesse in check, he tells him its over and the next thing you know hes going to kill those dudes anyways. the only reason jesse got back into cooking with walt was because hank beat his azz. he knew if jesse got busted again he would rat him out. he never had any control over him, there has to be something more why walt was so protective of him.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
walt had the illusion that he could control jesse but he couldnt. i mean look at the situation with jane, he got punked into giving him his money with threats and of course he let nature take its course and conclude that situation. he just liked having a errand boy until he got too big for his britches. the thing with combo, jesse didnt even care when he died, did he even want retaliation because his killers wouldnt of been hard to find. he just had a hard on for andrea and wanted to save thomas to look like a hero to her and her mother. not even frings power could keep jesse in check, he tells him its over and the next thing you know hes going to kill those dudes anyways. the only reason jesse got back into cooking with walt was because hank beat his azz. he knew if jesse got busted again he would rat him out. he never had any control over him, there has to be something more why walt was so protective of him.

He did love him like a son too, in a twisted way. In season 4 when him and Jesse fight and Walt Jr. goes to see him and he's half asleep he calls his own son Jesse.

I don't think Jesse wanted retaliation initially because timeline-wise shortly after Combo died he started fukking with drugs again and then Jane ODed. After that he was in rehab.

Plus Jesse wasn't no shoot em up type guy....even when he decided on revenge he wanted to poison them. It took them killing Tomas to push him to doing something about it.

I don't think he had an ulterior motive for being concerned about Tomas, kids were his soft spot. He treated Brock like his son and even in season 2 he was worried about those meth heads kid.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm not sure, you would haveto ask @hexagram23 ....im sure he would love to do it...as is the case w/many actors on the show, seems like they would all be down to reprise their roles...esp aaron paul

Nah. Doesn't seem likely. I'm sure Gus will pop up on "Better Call Saul" at some point, though. They already dedicated a whole episode to Mike, so it's not like they have a problem with show casing other characters.

Fred.

Daps
Walt explained to Gus why he was so attached to Pinkman in season 2, episode 11:

Prior to his cancer diagnosis Walt didn't have a backbone....how suddenly he has a guy that'll do literally anything for him, including murder. It's a powerful thing.

Even in season 5B, when it's obvious he's lost control of Jesse....it's obvious to everyone except Walt. When he finally realizes, is when Walt tried to have him killed.

As far as Gus, and the meeting, Walt requested it. Gus could've refused, but :manny: at that point he was trying to keep Walt happy.

Lastly, and this is open to opinion....it wasn't necessarily Jesse that started the dominoes falling with Fring. In season 2 Walt told Jesse to expand into new areas after word spread that Jesse killed someone with an ATM, remember? Jesse was against it....Walt convinced him it was a good idea, which is why Combo got killed, which led to Jesse wanting to kill Gus's guys.

Fred.

:ohhh:
Interesting shyt. Never really thought about it to deep. I love the Jesse Walt dynamic.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so im re-watching breaking bad to see things i missed the first time around

when walt is talking about dr hall who created the synthetic diamond and was given 10 bucks by ge i seriously think thats how he feels about gray matter

the bitterness is strong

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Just started watching this show.. Wow how am I so late on this. On season 5 now( going to start later on today)

Right now it's between this and the shield as my best show ever.

• Dap

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
so im re-watching breaking bad to see things i missed the first time around

when walt is talking about dr hall who created the synthetic diamond and was given 10 bucks by ge i seriously think thats how he feels about gray matter

the bitterness is strong

There is a fukk ton of stuff you missed, I guarantee it. Not necessarily plot stuff, either. I'll point out a few in spoiler tags because the pics are kinda big.

The cinematographer intentionally leeched all the light out of the show to mirror Walt's descent into darkness.

Season 1, episode 1:
light_zps4b75cb63.png

The same room in Season 5, episode 8:
darkness_zps53de9548.png

Whenever you see a pink teddy bear, death is around the corner:

bear3_zps0bdf980b.png

bear2_zps037844b5.png

bear1_zpse363c270.png

bear5_zpsefda23b0.png

tumblr_msm120PB881qzpxx1o4_r1_1280.jpg

The chessboard in "Ozymandias" (the episode where everything falls apart) was intentionally set up to show the White King cornered, but with a few moves open:

tumblr_mt8vd27DVv1qzpxx1o1_1280.jpg

Etc. etc. etc. The show is full of this stuff.

Fred.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I been binge watching this for a week and man :banderas:

Not better than The Wire IMO but it's not far from it.

What I appreciated more About The Wire was that there was no cut and dry flat out characters where the story centered around them. In Breaking Bad its mostly the story of Walter White and his journey. In The Wire its the story of everyone. Multiple characters with their own arcs and fates that to me neither was uninteresting. Not to mention it was perfectly casted.

Breaking Bad definitely in my top 3

• Dap