Breaking Bad

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
Somebody help a nikka out.

Just started season 4 so if they haven't cleared this up yet then just let it walk but Did they ever speak on who tipped Hank that them 2 brothers were coming to murk him? I know he left a message to his partner thinking it was him but the call was restricted and they never officially said it was him. Plus if it was him, then dude obviously connected.

they confirm it was gus that called hank to warn him about the cousins

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Somebody help a nikka out.

Just started season 4 so if they haven't cleared this up yet then just let it walk but Did they ever speak on who tipped Hank that them 2 brothers were coming to murk him? I know he left a message to his partner thinking it was him but the call was restricted and they never officially said it was him. Plus if it was him, then dude obviously connected.

Walt explained that it was Gus in season 3, ep 9. Remember he called a meeting with Gus:

meeting_zps5cabcb30.png

Walt explained that "someone" (obviously he meant Gus) steered Tuco's cousins away from Walt, towards Hank. Then "someone" called Hank, so there would be a shoot out. News coverage, a lot of drama. Suddenly the border is hot because two cartel men shot a DEA agent. That means the cartel can't ship drugs, which opens up the market for Gus to completely take over because he has his own lab and Walt.

In the ep before that Juan Bolsa calls Gus like :wtf: "the fukk is going on over there?". And Gus is like :manny: "your people shot a DEA agent". Bolsa accuses Gus of setting it up, but he can't explain why, because at this point the cartel doesn't know Gus has a lab. Then Bolsa is killed in the same scene to tie up any loose ends.

In season 4 it's explained why Gus wants to beef with the cartel. :youngsabo:

Fred.

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
jUst finished season 4:whew: This shyt got GOAT potential. Lookin for season 5 right now

Yall gotta forgive a nikka, way too much weed got my memory fried but I got another question.

Before the opening credits they always show some type of foreshadowing. One ep during season 2 or 3, they showed 2 bodybags in Walt's driveway and police in the back at the pool collecting evidence, including his glasses. Did they explain that or is it in season 5. Also, how did Gus know his car had a bomb on it at the hospital?
@hexagram23 I'm on 24's but when i re up I got u :salute:

Last edited by a moderator:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
jUst finished season 4:whew: This shyt got GOAT potential. Lookin for season 5 right now

Yall gotta forgive a nikka, way too much weed got my memory fried but I got another question.

Before the opening credits they always show some type of foreshadowing. One ep during season 2 or 3, they showed 2 bodybags in Walt's driveway and police in the back at the pool collecting evidence, including his glasses. Did they explain that or is it in season 5. Also, how did Gus know his car had a bomb on it at the hospital?
@hexagram23 I'm on 24's but when i re up I got u :salute:

Those 2 body bags were people that fell out of the plane crash, it was in season 2. It was filmed intentionally vague so you think it's Walt or his family though.

Something cool about season 2, if you read the names of the episodes that had that black-and-white foreshadowing it tells you exactly how the season is going to end:

1. "737" (the type of airplane it was, also the amount $737,000 that Walt needs before he dies)
2. "Grilled"
3. "Bit by a Dead Bee"
4. "Down"
5. "Breakage"
6. "Peekaboo"
7. "Negro y Azul"
8. "Better Call Saul"
9. "4 Days Out"
10. "Over"
11. "Mandala"
12. "Phoenix"
13. "ABQ"

Gus didn't necessarily know his car had a bomb, but he knows he didn't poison the kid. So when Jesse won't cook, calls him to the hospital, then says "yeah, this kid was poisoned" he immediately thinks Walt had something to do with it. Who else would interrupt the cook?

That makes him nervous because his car was left unattended while he was talking to Jesse.

One last thing. The plant they show at the end of season 4, proving Walt poisoned the kid....did you notice it in episode 12?

Breaking-Bad-Lily-of-the-Valley.jpg

The exact scene from episode 12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_rzjS4hzR8E

That's where he gets the idea to poison the kid.

:salute:

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Season 5 is out on Blu-Ray and DVD so you can cop it. Or cop each ep from Amazon for $1.99 each. Or they're all on torrent sites in HD.

The first time I watched "Fly" I thought it was terrible and the show had fallen off. Then the rest of the season was :ohlawd: so it made me re-examine the ep and watch it again. Then I noticed little shyt like Skylar singing in the intro was the song over the baby monitor that Walt heard right before he went over Jesse's house and watched Jane die. That made me look at the ep differently. The ep ain't about a fly....it's a fly but it's chaos. Walt is obsessed with the elements of the dope game that he can't control. He's a scientist dealing with chaos. The fly is a problem he can deal with....it's an x-factor he can control, so he tries to. Obsessively.

When I realized that I :ohhh: that's also why Walt is like :manny: later on in the season when he murks the goons. He embraces the chaos.

This point was solidified by a later episode, too. I won't say which one though. :youngsabo:

Fred.

I dont really understand how with your taste in movies you thought it was a wack episode.

its also prolly the last episode in the series where walt is genuinely weak and remorseful with guilt; dude was about to confess to jesse about jane and shyt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I dont really understand how with your taste in movies you thought it was a wack episode.

its also prolly the last episode in the series where walt is genuinely weak and remorseful with guilt; dude was about to confess to jesse about jane and shyt.

It is a wack episode in the context of the season. Looking at it objectively I mean. It's a bottle episode with 2 characters stuck in 1 location, that was nothing like any other ep in the series leading up to that point. You could remove that ep from season 3, and the over all story arc isn't impacted at all.

That's why I didn't "get" it. Also I watched it around the time it aired, and went into "Breaking Bad" more or less cold. With no concept that this guy was eventually going to be a villain. Or the overarching themes like chaos vs order. With no one to talk to, because "BB" wasn't popular on SOHH at the time. And I was literally the only person I knew that watched it.

So him sitting there rambling for an hour about this fly, seemed lame at the time.

Fred.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:manny: I feel like the 'main' story arc is really secondary in BB. bottle episodes are usually where you can distinguish a decent/good show from a GOAT contender

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Season 5 is out on Blu-Ray and DVD so you can cop it. Or cop each ep from Amazon for $1.99 each. Or they're all on torrent sites in HD.

The first time I watched "Fly" I thought it was terrible and the show had fallen off. Then the rest of the season was :ohlawd: so it made me re-examine the ep and watch it again. Then I noticed little shyt like Skylar singing in the intro was the song over the baby monitor that Walt heard right before he went over Jesse's house and watched Jane die. That made me look at the ep differently. The ep ain't about a fly....it's a fly but it's chaos. Walt is obsessed with the elements of the dope game that he can't control. He's a scientist dealing with chaos. The fly is a problem he can deal with....it's an x-factor he can control, so he tries to. Obsessively.

When I realized that I :ohhh: that's also why Walt is like :manny: later on in the season when he murks the goons. He embraces the chaos.

This point was solidified by a later episode, too. I won't say which one though. :youngsabo:

Fred.

fly episode was also dope because of a theory of mine

walt sees thefly the end of the episode and twice more in following episodes. the story jesse told about how his aunt use to obsess over an opossum under her house after it was removed due to brain cancer might be letting us know something :whisle:

my theory is walt will eventually end up with an inoperable brain tumor

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
fly episode was also dope because of a theory of mine

walt sees thefly the end of the episode and twice more in following episodes. the story jesse told about how his aunt use to obsess over an opossum under her house after it was removed due to brain cancer might be letting us know something :whisle:

my theory is walt will eventually end up with an inoperable brain tumor

That's exactly where I thought they were going with that. Then it was never mentioned again, which is another reason I had a problem with the ep. I actually mentioned this back in the day on SOHH.

Would be kinda cool if in these last 8 eps we find out he's had a brain tumor since season 3. Would explain why his behavior has been so erratic.

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im on season 4 now

what was the deal with those mexican cartel members and peasants crawling on the ground?

:lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: hex