Breaking Bad

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
im on season 4 now

what was the deal with those mexican cartel members and peasants crawling on the ground?

:lupe:

They were paying respects to Santa Meurte, aka The Saint Of Death.

In real life some of the worst cartels in Mexico have cults that worship her.

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just finished season 4

what a b!tch move by walt to have his old neighbor check out his house cause he was a scard b!tch. now that gus is dead is the show going to address gus's past in chile or is that simply it?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
just finished season 4

what a b!tch move by walt to have his old neighbor check out his house cause he was a scard b!tch. now that gus is dead is the show going to address gus's past in chile or is that simply it?

If you do a little digging and connect the dots Gus's past is pretty clear:

The show gave enough clues about Gus for us to know exactly what he did in Chile.

Hector (Tio) referred to Gus as "the grand generalissimo" aka "the general". So some sort of military back ground.

In Season 4, Ep 8 the DEA is interrogating Gus about Gale's death. This part is very important for 2 reasons:

1. It establishes that Gus left Chile in 1986.

2. Gus mentions Augusto Pinochet, who was the dictator of Chile in 1986. '86 is the year Reagan and the U.S. government asked Pinochet to step down.

You might wonder :wtf: "what's the connection?"

Augusto Pinochet was a monster. During his reign thousands of people were killed and tortured. But more to the point he had super labs built that would create color variant versions of common drugs. For example they created a black colored cocaine that was harder for DEA agents to track.

Pinochet 'sold cocaine to Europe and US' | World news | The Guardian

Does that sound familiar? Gus worked for Pinochet until around '86, got the super lab idea from him, hired a chemist (Max) that the cartel killed, and since then he's been trying to get a Pinochet style super lab up and running. Then he meets Gale/Walt and makes it happen, with the blue meth.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
hank :mjcry:
pinkman a snitching slave :mjlol:

todd in love with that uppity ho :patrice:

episode was :damn:

im about to watch the last episode

i cant believe its about to be over

:snoop:

Give me your thoughts on the series after you watch the finale breh.

Fred.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Give me your thoughts on the series after you watch the finale breh.

Fred.

underwhelming finale episode but the as a whole defiantly a great tv series. not sure why walt had such a attachment to pinkman, dude was a straight up degenerate who brought him down and started the dominoes on fring. saul is a great character, i gotta catch his own tv series. this series defiantly lived up to the hype, my favorite season from binge watching has to be season 4. fring is my fav character after walt, i just wish more was known about the man himself. everybody said fring was a careful man, why would a guy like him meet 2 street dealers and pinkman to settle a death of a street dealer, seems beneath him.

also more of a background on grey matter would of been interesting

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
If you do a little digging and connect the dots Gus's past is pretty clear:

The show gave enough clues about Gus for us to know exactly what he did in Chile.

Hector (Tio) referred to Gus as "the grand generalissimo" aka "the general". So some sort of military back ground.

In Season 4, Ep 8 the DEA is interrogating Gus about Gale's death. This part is very important for 2 reasons:

1. It establishes that Gus left Chile in 1986.

2. Gus mentions Augusto Pinochet, who was the dictator of Chile in 1986. '86 is the year Reagan and the U.S. government asked Pinochet to step down.

You might wonder :wtf: "what's the connection?"

Augusto Pinochet was a monster. During his reign thousands of people were killed and tortured. But more to the point he had super labs built that would create color variant versions of common drugs. For example they created a black colored cocaine that was harder for DEA agents to track.

Pinochet 'sold cocaine to Europe and US' | World news | The Guardian

Does that sound familiar? Gus worked for Pinochet until around '86, got the super lab idea from him, hired a chemist (Max) that the cartel killed, and since then he's been trying to get a Pinochet style super lab up and running. Then he meets Gale/Walt and makes it happen, with the blue meth.

Fred.

:ohhh: props for doing all the research I was curious about Gus's back story

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
underwhelming finale episode but the as a whole defiantly a great tv series. not sure why walt had such a attachment to pinkman, dude was a straight up degenerate who brought him down and started the dominoes on fring. saul is a great character, i gotta catch his own tv series. this series defiantly lived up to the hype, my favorite season from binge watching has to be season 4. fring is my fav character after walt, i just wish more was known about the man himself. everybody said fring was a careful man, why would a guy like him meet 2 street dealers and pinkman to settle a death of a street dealer, seems beneath him.

Breh, so the final ep is titled "Felina."

You probably noticed the song playing as Walt gets into his truck in the snow. Watch this:

Fits perfectly with Felina being the metaphor for his meth.

Also "Felina" is an anagram of Finale

Also, Felina broken down to Fe Li Na...on the periodic table is Iron, Lithium and Sodium. Blood, Meth and Tears.

:wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Walt explained to Gus why he was so attached to Pinkman in season 2, episode 11:

Walt: Because he does what I say. Because I can trust him.

Prior to his cancer diagnosis Walt didn't have a backbone....how suddenly he has a guy that'll do literally anything for him, including murder. It's a powerful thing.

Even in season 5B, when it's obvious he's lost control of Jesse....it's obvious to everyone except Walt. When he finally realizes, is when Walt tried to have him killed.

As far as Gus, and the meeting, Walt requested it. Gus could've refused, but :manny: at that point he was trying to keep Walt happy.

Lastly, and this is open to opinion....it wasn't necessarily Jesse that started the dominoes falling with Fring. In season 2 Walt told Jesse to expand into new areas after word spread that Jesse killed someone with an ATM, remember? Jesse was against it....Walt convinced him it was a good idea, which is why Combo got killed, which led to Jesse wanting to kill Gus's guys.

Fred.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

If your so inclined, u can download the app hola for Firefox, which allows you to switch regions on netflix...switch to Norway and better call Saul is there..