Breaking Bad

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh and one other thing about Gus that I didn't mention before. You guys are gonna love this:

Gus came to America from Chile in '89. He was obviously someone important and well-connected which is why Don Eladio didn't kill him in that flash back sequence in "Hermanos".

Augusto Pinochet was the President (dictator) of Chile until 1990. I won't go into much detail about him, but he was a scary individual that had thousands of his rivals murdered for political reasons. The guy was a monster.

One key thing about him though, was his fondness of chemistry. He had hidden labs built all over the country side, ran by chemists that would create chemically altered versions of common drugs. For example, they made a "black" variant of cocaine, the color variation was due to the chemical process used to create it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jul/11/chile.drugstrade

Does this sound familiar? Gus didn't pull that lab idea out of his ass, he took the idea from his OG back in Chile. It's funny how people that criticize the show as unrealistic due to a $8 mill meth lab aren't even aware that it's actually historically accurate, and was written into Gus' character.

Fred.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The more I watch these marathons on AMC, Walt could've saved himself plenty of headaches if he would've just killed Jesse.

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
Oh and one other thing about Gus that I didn't mention before. You guys are gonna love this:

Gus came to America from Chile in '89. He was obviously someone important and well-connected which is why Don Eladio didn't kill him in that flash back sequence in "Hermanos".

Augusto Pinochet was the President (dictator) of Chile until 1990. I won't go into much detail about him, but he was a scary individual that had thousands of his rivals murdered for political reasons. The guy was a monster.

One key thing about him though, was his fondness of chemistry. He had hidden labs built all over the country side, ran by chemists that would create chemically altered versions of common drugs. For example, they made a "black" variant of cocaine, the color variation was due to the chemical process used to create it.

Pinochet 'sold cocaine to Europe and US' | World news | The Guardian

Does this sound familiar? Gus didn't pull that lab idea out of his ass, he took the idea from his OG back in Chile. It's funny how people that criticize the show as unrealistic due to a $8 mill meth lab aren't even aware that it's actually historically accurate, and was written into Gus' character.

Fred.

:ohhh:

well damn
you've certainly done your homework sir :skip:
'preciate the knowledge.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

Fred.

so much :leon::whoo::ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Fred.

:whoo::ooh:

Yeah, I had to figure Gus had them political connections. He was in the military too right? I think that may have been hinted at but I forget now. Those flashbacks to Mexico were always some ill shyt. Love to see some flashbacks to Chile.

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
If you've finished season 4 I assume you already know about....

The gun/plant scene in the ep before the finale?

v5yc91.png

Apollo Sunshine featured on Breaking Bad 412 - YouTube

And if you do, another little gem was the secretary was shredding a school schedule in the finale when Walt was looking for Saul....

proof.png

The picture ain't too clear but you can see MATH, ENG, ART, HIST, etc. That was obviously Brock's schedule.

Fred.

When I finished the season, I knew the significance of the plant.....but didn't piece together the gun scene until I read this thread, so thanks for that. I would have never gotten that on my own. I just assumed the gun pointing else where (didn't realize it was pointing to the plant) was Walt taking it as he shouldn't kill himself.

Fred.

:ohhh::gladbron::myman:

Wow. That's crazy. You could tell the writers are putting in work man. They not just coming up with this shyt on the fly, they layering the story and characters out before they even write these scripts. I love it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:whoo::ooh:

Yeah, I had to figure Gus had them political connections. He was in the military too right? I think that may have been hinted at but I forget now. Those flashbacks to Mexico were always some ill shyt. Love to see some flashbacks to Chile.

We were given clues, yeah. Like in the flash back scene from "One Minute", season 3, when it shows Tio younger. He's on the phone, obviously talking about Gus, and jokingly refers to him as "Grand Generalissimo".

Fred.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
The more I watch these marathons on AMC, Walt could've saved himself plenty of headaches if he would've just killed Jesse.

Man I was sayin that on the other site like every ep. Just kill that dude :damn: Especially when he got all emo and sh1t. U cant trust a dope fiend anyways.

I think Jesse is gonna kill him in the end tho.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F

Fred.

:ohhh: :damn:

such amazing material for them to draw from...simply amazing.... :bow:

confirms alot of suspiscions i've had about international drug smuggling and politics :jawalrus:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whenever people say "he should kill Jesse" it's :what:

It's easy to say that because we're on the outside looking in....but he loves him like a son. People must've forgotten in "Salud", when his real son went to visit him, he accidentally called him Jesse, after crying and apologizing about "missing his birthday"....obviously he was apologizing to Jesse in his mind.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse is the one that kills him....but it is what it is.

Fred.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Whenever people say "he should kill Jesse" it's :what:

It's easy to say that because we're on the outside looking in....but he loves him like a son. People must've forgotten in "Salud", when his real son went to visit him, he accidentally called him Jesse, after crying and apologizing about "missing his birthday"....obviously he was apologizing to Jesse in his mind.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse is the one that kills him....but it is what it is.

Fred.

This, but fukk Jesse Breh. He nly fukk with Jesse because they caught each other atmvulnerable times.

Jesses low key disloyal.