Daps
Reppin
TDot

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thanks man. I love that scene, the music was perfect. After all the shyt that had gone on and..

Walt and Jesse destroying the lab, and walking out like bosses was awesome.

"Vamos".

Not saying it was the best scene or anything. Just really enjoyed it..

It's a great scene. The song reminded me of the scene from the first ep, season 1, where Walt saw Jesse for the first time:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8zT_OxsDFs"]Rodrigo y Gabriela - Tamacun - YouTube[/ame]

Song is Rodrigo y Gabriela - Tamacun.

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
.from turning down Gretchen and Elliott Schwartz's money in season 1, to dry snitching on himself to Hank in season 4, at the dinner table....just so he could stay in the dope game.

Fred.

The turning down the money thing is understandable tho. He is a prideful guy who is the definition of an underachiever. He is brilliant and is supposed to be THAT dude in his field of expertise. We saw how he thought buying his current home was nothing when they are gonna be moving on up. I don't think being ambitious = inherently evil. Not to mention the fact that he feels cut out by his friend and I assume a girl he was once in love with? They didn't specify other than the fact that he and Gretchen had a history together.

As for the dinner table thing, I don't think he intentionally told Hank that. Again, pride and ego ... dude is desperately trying to take credit for everything he's done because he never got his due, someone of his intellect only being a high school teacher. Of course he has changed from how he was, but I don't think he intentionally said that shyt to stay in the game. I do think he enjoys reaping the awards and being "that dude" and yearns for power and respect, but not in a malicious way that takes precedent over everything. This is why this is so dope to me, everyone gets dark thoughts or inhibitions that they gotta control ... Walt is no different. Dude stay slippin up when drunk/medicated though :laugh: (the cell phone thing, hank at the dinner table, walt jr. after the fight with Jesse)

I am not sure if this is supposed to speak volumes about how I see things but I still don't see Walt as an evil guy. The only evil thing he's done was lilly of the valley, and even then it seemed to be out of desperation. Plus if it was "common", it means that the likelihood of him dying from it wasn't thaaat high. You saw how he was concerned and wanted to know the results when Jesse came through. He still took the risk and used others as pawns but I dunno ... it doesn't seem like he is :jawalrus: about it. Plus all the other things like The shooting of Gus' men, crazy 8 etc appeared to be out of defense and were hard to avoid given the circumstances. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
:huhldup: at this Walt and Jesse shyt....spoilers for seasons 1-4 below.

Is this the Twilight Zone? Gus wanted nothing to do with Jesse up until season 4, and even then it was just a chess move. Jesse would not even exist in the dope game without Walt, who co-signed him to Gus in the first place.

Speaking of Walt and Gus, the only reason they were beefing is because of Jesse, who went to murk those two dealers in season 3.....and he would've died had Walt not showed up and saved his dumb ass.

:heh: at Walt being p*ssy....he's damn near a sociopath with how casually he murks people.

Fred.

I do agree with the bolded, dude seems pretty nonchalant about it in season 3 and 4. :laugh:

Like how bad he felt when it came to crazy 8 back in s1, and how he just walked up to combo's killers and put one in his dome like :manny: ... but to my posts above, he had to do that tho right? If he let Jesse die, it'd make him look like a piece of shyt as well. Lose lose situation.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
The teddy bear? No....but Walt indirectly caused that airplane crash because he let ol boy's daughter die. Not to get too deep but that was God/fate/karma/whatever showing Walt "look, there is direct consequences for your evil actions".

Also episodes with the weird teddy bear intro, if you read the names in order it tells you exactly how the season will end....

1. 737
2. Grilled
3. Bit By a Dead Bee
4. Down
5. Breakage
6. Peekaboo
7. Negro y Azul
8. Better Call Saul
9. 4 Days Out
10. Over
11. Mandala
12. Phoenix
13. ABQ

Fred.

:whoo: @ the clue in the episode list

Also, the whole teddy bear thing is kind of a metaphor - a pink teddy bear is harmless/soft/etc, like how Walt was - but by season 2's end, he has more or less fallen from grace (bear falling from the sky), and is now in too deep/sinking in the lies and deceit he created (the bear in the water) - the sequence correlates with how the season ended too, with Walt letting Jane die, indirectly causing the crash - Skylar finding out and calling him out, etc

Then while he said then that he was done, he was eventually swept up again and back into the game, like how the teddy bear was. *shrug*

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The turning down the money thing is understandable tho. He is a prideful guy who is the definition of an underachiever. He is brilliant and is supposed to be THAT dude in his field of expertise. We saw how he thought buying his current home was nothing when they are gonna be moving on up. I don't think being ambitious = inherently evil. Not to mention the fact that he feels cut out by his friend and I assume a girl he was once in love with? They didn't specify other than the fact that he and Gretchen had a history together.

As for the dinner table thing, I don't think he intentionally told Hank that. Again, pride and ego ... dude is desperately trying to take credit for everything he's done because he never got his due, someone of his intellect only being a high school teacher. Of course he has changed from how he was, but I don't think he intentionally said that shyt to stay in the game. I do think he enjoys reaping the awards and being "that dude" and yearns for power and respect, but not in a malicious way that takes precedent over everything. This is why this is so dope to me, everyone gets dark thoughts or inhibitions that they gotta control ... Walt is no different. Dude stay slippin up when drunk/medicated though :laugh: (the cell phone thing, hank at the dinner table, walt jr. after the fight with Jesse)

I am not sure if this is supposed to speak volumes about how I see things but I still don't see Walt as an evil guy. The only evil thing he's done was lilly of the valley, and even then it seemed to be out of desperation. Plus if it was "common", it means that the likelihood of him dying from it wasn't thaaat high. You saw how he was concerned and wanted to know the results when Jesse came through. He still took the risk and used others as pawns but I dunno ... it doesn't seem like he is :jawalrus: about it. Plus all the other things like The shooting of Gus' men, crazy 8 etc appeared to be out of defense and were hard to avoid given the circumstances. :yeshrug:

The point of the show is to take a good man and turn him into a villain. If he's not there yet for you, I'm sure he will be by the time it's over.

Vince Gilligan (creator of the show) has said Walt has been lying to himself for a while....initially this was all to provide for his family....but he's grown addicted to power and now is a drug dealer solely for the sake of being "that dude".

He snitched on himself at the dinner table because he wants credit at all costs....just like he said in season 2 "they have to know it came from me!" when Saul suggested they launder his money through the charity site his son made. He does want power and respect....and fear, above all else....even above his own personal safety and freedom. He's a megalomaniac....you seen how he responded in the "I am the one who knocks!" scene. That is who he is....a killer. That was one of the few times he was honest with himself, and his family.

I'm gonna end with this....if your wife calls you up, and asks "did you kill all those people, did you blow up that place, what happened?!"....and you respond with :jawalrus: "I won"....you're a stone cold villain whose heart pumps ice water. And he's obviously going farther down that road in season 5.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:whoo: @ the clue in the episode list

Also, the whole teddy bear thing is kind of a metaphor - a pink teddy bear is harmless/soft/etc, like how Walt was - but by season 2's end, he has more or less fallen from grace (bear falling from the sky), and is now in too deep/sinking in the lies and deceit he created (the bear in the water) - the sequence correlates with how the season ended too, with Walt letting Jane die, indirectly causing the crash - Skylar finding out and calling him out, etc

Then while he said then that he was done, he was eventually swept up again and back into the game, like how the teddy bear was. *shrug*

Also (massive season 4 spoiler):

tumblr_lsxmqvxzNZ1qfq52po1_500.png

These writers are cold as hell.

Fred.

ThaRebel

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
41st was the worsest turf on the earth...
Oh we doin spoiler tags in here now. Nice. I had to stay away cause I kept accidentally readin shyt.

I just watched the one with Walt dry snitchin on himself on that wine at the dinner table. :what: WHAT. THE. fukk. is this nikka thinkin. I mean he''s never been as careful as he should be but this shyt is BEYOND. You can tell Hank has already figured this shyt out before the episode ended. I'm lookin at Walt like he would be better off to have the cancer come back and take him. No way he gettin outta this dope game clean now. :snoop: I think he has one of the biggest egos I've ever seen on TV.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh we doin spoiler tags in here now. Nice. I had to stay away cause I kept accidentally readin shyt.

I just watched the one with Walt dry snitchin on himself on that wine at the dinner table. :what: WHAT. THE. fukk. is this nikka thinkin. I mean he''s never been as careful as he should be but this shyt is BEYOND. You can tell Hank has already figured this shyt out before the episode ended. I'm lookin at Walt like he would be better off to have the cancer come back and take him. No way he gettin outta this dope game clean now. :snoop: I think he has one of the biggest egos I've ever seen on TV.

What's crazy about the scene is how it was filmed. When Hank is talking about "the guy was a genius, who could've done some good in the world, maybe helped people out"....and you see Walt's face, at first you think "damn, he feels bad because he knows Hank is right"....and then this crazy b*stard snitches on himself because he didn't feel bad, he felt like he wasn't getting enough credit. shyt is :ohlawd:

Fred.

ThaRebel

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
41st was the worsest turf on the earth...
I know a lot of people don't like shows like this wrapped up in a neat bow at the end with everything working out because that's an easy story to write but at this point I think that would be the toughest story to write. I'm only like halfway thru season 4 and it's about as calm as it's been in awhile for Walt and its still so much of a fukkin mess that I can't imagine him gettin out of. If they can craft a real story with him gettin out of this relatively unscathed I would be impressed but that seems unrealistic now.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Shame it took Walt years and getting cancer for his dormant inner G to come to the surface. He was born to be a BOSS.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know a lot of people don't like shows like this wrapped up in a neat bow at the end with everything working out because that's an easy story to write but at this point I think that would be the toughest story to write. I'm only like halfway thru season 4 and it's about as calm as it's been in awhile for Walt and its still so much of a fukkin mess that I can't imagine him gettin out of. If they can craft a real story with him gettin out of this relatively unscathed I would be impressed but that seems unrealistic now.

You mean this season, or the end of the series? Obviously I won't tell you how the season ends.

As far as the series, I don't expect Walt will survive.

Fred.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
All right brehs....

I've had this problem lately. I own seasons 1-4 on DVD and Breaking Bad is in my top 5 shows without a doubt. If Season 5A & 5B end in a legit way it has a chance to be my favorite show of all time. Recently I tried watching Season 1 and I just couldn't get into it. Knowing what WW turns into in the later seasons and how the progression of the show goes I... I just can't watch those older seasons.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it just me? I can appreciate Season 1, 2, etc. as being top notch television but I just can't sit back and watch it knowing that Walt White turns from THIS to THIS.

Is it just me? :ohlawd: