Breaking Bad

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Evil doesn't necessarily mean homicidal specifically. We've seen him be impulsive, murderous, prideful, deceptive....a laundry list of negative character traits, none of which would've magically appeared just because he decided to sell drugs.

And yeah, he didn't want to kill Krazy 8....but most people don't have people chained up in their basement. Most people don't dissolve dead bodies in hydrofluoric acid....keep in mind this was when people are claiming he was still "good".

This is turning into a "chicken or egg" situation, did the dope game turn him evil or did it just allow him to be who he really is? I'm going with the latter.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
FreedS[ohh]lave;534878 said:
im slowly seeing him become sociopathic and souless but i think in the begining he tried to fight becoming a monster and really hated doing the shyt he had to do..then crying when he found out he wasnt dying because he realized he did all that shyt for nothing he thought

I think he became evil but you saw a soul for awhile and somebody who didnt like the idea of killing and hurting people till he broke

You talking about when his cancer was in remission, and he went into the bathroom and beat the shyt out of the wall?

I seen that scene as, he realized he'd have to suffer the consequences of his actions. Death was an easy out for him. He actually expected to be able to do all the shyt he did, then die with zero consequences. He talks about this a bit more in season 3, in an episode called "Fly".

Fred.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Evil doesn't necessarily mean homicidal specifically. We've seen him be impulsive, murderous, prideful, deceptive....a laundry list of negative character traits, none of which would've magically appeared just because he decided to sell drugs.

And yeah, he didn't want to kill Krazy 8....but most people don't have people chained up in their basement. Most people don't dissolve dead bodies in hydrofluoric acid....keep in mind this was when people are claiming he was still "good".

This is turning into a "chicken or egg" situation, did the dope game turn him evil or did it just allow him to be who he really is? I'm going with the latter.

Fred.
and most people don't decide to become drug manufacturer's either. What would've been the good person thing to do in that situation once he decided to go full on with the drug thing? Let the guy go? You're fooling yourself. Walt didn't even dissolve the body breh, he made Jesse do it (hence the tub getting fukked up).

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
he had dude chained up because he was scared, not because he was evil. taking it back to yoda...fear leads to that dark side

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
and most people don't decide to become drug manufacturer's either. What would've been the good person thing to do in that situation once he decided to go full on with the drug thing? Let the guy go? You're fooling yourself. Walt didn't even dissolve the body breh, he made Jesse do it (hence the tub getting fukked up).

You can't really claim to be good once you go "full on with the drug thing". That's my point. It's not as if he was selling weed, or even coke....he wanted to mass produce meth, and make $700,000+ from it.

I'm not sure at what point he was strictly "good" if that's the very first choice he made.

And he dissolved Krazy 8, they just never showed it.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
he had dude chained up because he was scared, not because he was evil. taking it back to yoda...fear leads to that dark side

If you make a choice to sell $700,000 worth of meth, I don't understand how you're not evil. :manny:

Fred.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
You can't really claim to be good once you go "full on with the drug thing". That's my point. It's not as if he was selling weed, or even coke....he wanted to mass produce meth, and make $700,000+ from it.

I'm not sure at what point he was strictly "good" if that's the very first choice he made.

And he dissolved Krazy 8, they just never showed it.

Fred.

I'm pretty sure it was never stated who dissolved Krazy 8. And obviously he made a drastic decision in relation to his cancer...does making drastic decisions for the well-being of your family make you evil? I'm not sure it does. Is Rick evil in The Walking Dead comics?

:yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm pretty sure it was never stated who dissolved Krazy 8. And obviously he made a drastic decision in relation to his cancer...does making drastic decisions for the well-being of your family make you evil? I'm not sure it does. Is Rick evil in The Walking Dead comics?

:yeshrug:

This is a good discussion.

He said he "took care" of Krazy 8 when Jesse came back and he was gone. It's obvious what he did with the dead body.

You can't really compare the two. I'm not 100% familiar with the comics but if you're killing people or stealing to feed your family during a zombie apocalypse there is a lot bigger "moral grey area" than if you got cancer and decided to become a murderous drug lord.

Besides, the writers have made it a point to show that he's not doing it for his family. That was his initial excuse, and he might've meant it at the time, but he's actively avoided doing things that would help himself, or his family....from turning down Gretchen and Elliott Schwartz's money in season 1, to dry snitching on himself to Hank in season 4, at the dinner table....just so he could stay in the dope game.

Fred.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I'm 4 episodes into the 1st season, this is DOPE. I been sleepin'. :ohlawd:

get ready to
tumblr_lbd7w5LTiC1qeci1vo1_500.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Rewatching old eps.

Season 2, Ep 11 is such an important ep. Everything ties in with later episodes. Combo dies, first appearance of Gus, and it's the ep Skylar notices her boss stealing money from his company.

It's also the ep that shows that Walt wants to run shyt. After Combo dies he tells Saul "we need a distribution system, we need dealers and soldiers on a street level....we need payback".

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a good discussion.

He said he "took care" of Krazy 8 when Jesse came back and he was gone. It's obvious what he did with the dead body.

You can't really compare the two. I'm not 100% familiar with the comics but if you're killing people or stealing to feed your family during a zombie apocalypse there is a lot bigger "moral grey area" than if you got cancer and decided to become a murderous drug lord.

Besides, the writers have made it a point to show that he's not doing it for his family. That was his initial excuse, and he might've meant it at the time, but he's actively avoided doing things that would help himself, or his family....from turning down Gretchen and Elliott Schwartz's money in season 1, to dry snitching on himself to Hank in season 4, at the dinner table....just so he could stay in the dope game.

Fred.

I still think its a little less evil when your desperate and trying to help your family in some way..

Plus there were numerous times where he wanted out of the drug game but got amazing offers he couldnt refuse..he did try to get out a lot..

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
FreedS[ohh]lave;540750 said:
I still think its a little less evil when your desperate and trying to help your family in some way..

Plus there were numerous times where he wanted out of the drug game but got amazing offers he couldnt refuse..he did try to get out a lot..

What season/ep are you up to? That will affect my response because I don't want to spoil anything.

Fred.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Jesse > Walt

My Bad, Mad Spoilers below:

That crybaby ass junkie that can't even cope after killing Gale?

That gullible ass dufus that was ready to choose Gus over Walt, who saved his life mad times?

That simp ass kid who was ready to choose a junkie broad over his mans and them Walter White?

That Jessie breh?