Breaking Bad

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
it must make a hell of a turn around cause i'm approaching halfway and the main character totally fell off.

If you feel that way about season 3, shyt is almost twice as bad in season 4.

The homie Walt is virtually useless for 75% of that season. They knock him down like 5 notches from his previous peak. Season 4 is piff, but I was pissed at how dumb they made Walt for most of that season when we know dude is basically a genius.

ThaRebel

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
41st was the worsest turf on the earth...
That chick that Jesse is fukkin wit has always had me on dat :takedat:. I don't normally go for her type but everytime I see her in somethin I be wantin to bang her somethin serious. I think its the lips. Them some nice lips on a white girl.

Very next episode: :wtf:

This bytch got that nikka Jesse on that herringbone???

I'ma need that bytch to die soon. :why:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
just found out walt is the dad from malcolm in the middle :ohhh:

how did they come up with that casting decision
i would have never made that choice

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
just found out walt is the dad from malcolm in the middle :ohhh:

how did they come up with that casting decision
i would have never made that choice

Someone mentioned that the creator didn't think they would make it past the pilot so he casted duke like:yeshrug:

Nah....

Vince Gilligan, the creator of "Breaking Bad" was one of the main writers for "The X-Files". In season 6 there was an ep called "Drive"....

Drive (The X-Files) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The main character was racist, paranoid, and kidnapped Mulder....but he was a victim of the government, so the people watching the show had to feel some kinda sympathy for him.

Bryan Cranston read for the role, and nailed it. He made the guy seem like a complete dikk head, but towards the end, when he dies, you feel sorry for him. Like he was a pawn.

Later when Vince Gilligan came up with the idea for "Breaking Bad", Bryan Cranston was the only actor he had in mind for the role of Walter White. He could be a great villain, but also show flashes of humanity.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
ive been a fan since the night it aired, when the first season was done and there was a writers strike it was a dark period ahead, from character development to great writing this show is top 3, if you ever watch the behind the scenes interviews, there was one with the creator vince gilligan where he admits that he picked brian cranston because he didnt think that the show would make it past the pilot, now this malcom in the middle dad takes home 2 emmys for best actor. the scene that gave me the most chills is his conversation with skyler

cant wait for season 5 gonna be eatin good

This is where I got it from.:manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is where I got it from.:manny:

I dunno what he's talking about. Vince Gilligan has repeated the story of how he cast Bryan Cranston more times than I can count.

Fred.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
deep down Walt is a bad person. he just didn't know it till he had nothing to live for. the family is an excuse and he ended up finding himself doing this.

He's not a bad person, as in he was always inherently bad...he became a bad person thus breaking bad. The whole cancer "nothing to live for" thing was just the catalyst. Notice how in the beginning he was doing bad things but still with altruistic intentions towards his family. If this is indeed the last season, and i haven't read any season summaries so this is just my opinion...but if this is the last season i think they'll try to have Walt come back at least to center if not all the way back to good by the end of this but trying to make things right with everyone(or at least Jessie, Sky, and Walt Jr).

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He's not a bad person, as in he was always inherently bad...he became a bad person thus breaking bad. The whole cancer "nothing to live for" thing was just the catalyst. Notice how in the beginning he was doing bad things but still with altruistic intentions towards his family. If this is indeed the last season, and i haven't read any season summaries so this is just my opinion...but if this is the last season i think they'll try to have Walt come back at least to center if not all the way back to good by the end of this but trying to make things right with everyone(or at least Jessie, Sky, and Walt Jr).

Nah. He is an evil person....he always was.

The whole point of the show is, you can't say you're a good person if you've never had the chance to be evil. He was given a chance....a reason....to be evil, and he's in his element now. This is who he always was, and it should be obvious by now that he's using the cancer and his family as excuses for the monstrous things he does.

Vince Gilligan and Bryan Cranston have mentioned this a few times. They've also said it's virtually impossible for the show to have a happy or positive ending, given the karmic retribution Walt has coming to him.

Fred.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN

The whole point of the show is, you can't say you're a good person if you've never had the chance to be evil. He was given a chance....a reason....to be evil, and he's in his element now. This is who he always was, and it should be obvious by now that he's using the cancer and his family as excuses for the monstrous things he does.

Vince Gilligan and Bryan Cranston have mentioned this a few times. They've also said it's virtually impossible for the show to have a happy or positive ending, given the karmic retribution Walt has coming to him.

Fred.

I don't know, perhaps you are right but that's not how i see it and i guess we'll see what happens this season. I don't see how its "virtually impossible" for it to have a positive outcome...but i do agree he has some karmic retribution due him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

im slowly seeing him become sociopathic and souless but i think in the begining he tried to fight becoming a monster and really hated doing the shyt he had to do..then crying when he found out he wasnt dying because he realized he did all that shyt for nothing he thought

I think he became evil but you saw a soul for awhile and somebody who didnt like the idea of killing and hurting people till he broke

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
the show is allegorical of actual chemistry on some level, so it would seem from that, that walt actually transformed as different elements were added instead of uncovering something that was already there. im with ego and freed i think he became evil...

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
of course he became evil...think back to when he had dude tied up in the basement. He had so many reasons to kill dude...he actually was talked out of it and was gonna release homey. He didn't wanna take a life and fought it until he knew he didn't have a choice. If he was evil from the get go, he wouldn't have waited so long