Breaking Bad

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
FreedS[ohh]lave;521869 said:
So why did those cartel cats who were waiting for Walt in his room just leave?

Mike was watching the house and saw them. Mike made a call to Gus. Gus made a call to the Cartel.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Breh that sounds like a super reach cartels don't work like that. I swear I don't know what it is but my second watch through this show is almost :duck:
Status when you start thinking of shyt in reality terms. Show comes off like somebody who only read about street life and is made thus fantasy middle class character that would be likely dead irl. Like realistically this dude just comes in the game on his first batch and cooks the purist Meth ever seen? :heh: even better than billion dollar cartel operations? Like I get it he's a great scientists but that shyt is really outrageous if you think about it "unless " he's cooked it before but nothing leads you to think that.

Then he comes in the game demanding shyt from tuco? I mean the level of bullshyt is astounding. Then guy goes in his office sets of a explosion with a piece whatever that s powerful enough to blow out the windows and everything but doesn't hurt anybody nor blow up the rest of the bag, when all it needed was to be thrown to ground to explode in the first place :wtf: on everything irl dude would have been dead / caught / or just went to work with his rich friend by now and that's season one.

I agree with you, basically you have to ignore common sense and just enjoy the show. Honestly dude should not have made it past the first season, never mind his encounter with tuco in the 2nd season. The 3rd and 4th seasons are more belivable.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Breh that sounds like a super reach cartels don't work like that. I swear I don't know what it is but my second watch through this show is almost :duck:
Status when you start thinking of shyt in reality terms. Show comes off like somebody who only read about street life and is made thus fantasy middle class character that would be likely dead irl. Like realistically this dude just comes in the game on his first batch and cooks the purist Meth ever seen? :heh: even better than billion dollar cartel operations? Like I get it he's a great scientists but that shyt is really outrageous if you think about it "unless " he's cooked it before but nothing leads you to think that.

Then he comes in the game demanding shyt from tuco? I mean the level of bullshyt is astounding. Then guy goes in his office sets of a explosion with a piece whatever that s powerful enough to blow out the windows and everything but doesn't hurt anybody nor blow up the rest of the bag, when all it needed was to be thrown to ground to explode in the first place :wtf: on everything irl dude would have been dead / caught / or just went to work with his rich friend by now and that's season one.

:rudy:

First off the show is 100% unrealistic.

The problem is, none of the shyt you're complaining about is.

"Cartels don't work like that?". Huh? Cartels have thousands of members....at most, we've seen 20ish killed. There is still a ton of people out there.

And the cartels never had "a billion dollar meth operation". The only reason they got into meth was because of Gus....who hired Gale....and he said they should hire Walt, whose product was better. That wasn't his first batch....it wasn't even the first season.

Cooking meth takes zero "street knowledge". It's literally 100% chemistry. The show is 100% accurate in that respect, and actually uses DEA chemists to fact-check all of that. All the scenes you see them making meth in the super lab, are 100% factually correct for 99% pure....they actually air the process out of order so real life drug dealers don't get any ideas. You can Google any of the shyt I just said if you don't believe me.

:rudy: at acting like it's a fluke that Walt's shyt is better than anyone elses. He's a brilliant chemist, that's literally all it would take to make the product he does.

The rest of your complaints are kinda dumb because if he died in the first season there is no show. And if you're gonna complain about the explosion in Tuco's crib, go all the way with it. Mercury Fulminate is actually far more unstable than they showed, and he wouldn't have been able to carry it in his car, or handle it without it exploding, most likely at all.

But if we're gonna go this route and nit-pick what's real, you might as well stop watching TV.

Fred.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
:rudy:

First off the show is 100% unrealistic.

The problem is, none of the shyt you're complaining about is.

"Cartels don't work like that?". Huh? Cartels have thousands of members....at most, we've seen 20ish killed. There is still a ton of people out there.

And the cartels never had a "billion dollar meth operation". The only reason they got into meth was because of Gus....who hired Gale....and he said they should hire Walt, whose product was better. That wasn't his first batch....it wasn't even the first season.

Cooking meth takes zero "street knowledge". It's literally 100% chemistry. The show is 100% accurate in that respect, and actually uses DEA chemists to fact-check all of that. All the scenes you see them making meth in the super lab, are 100% factually correct for 99% pure....they actually air the process out of order so real life drug dealers don't get any ideas. You can Google any of the shyt I just said if you don't believe me.

:rudy: at acting like it's a fluke that Walt's shyt is better than anyone elses. He's a brilliant chemist, that's literally all it would take to make the product he does.

The rest of your complaints are kinda dumb because if he died in the first season there is no show. And if you're gonna complain about the explosion in Tuco's crib, go all the way with it. Mercury Fulminate is actually far more unstable than they showed, and he wouldn't have been able to carry it in his car, or handle it without it exploding, most likely at all.

But if we're gonna go this route and nit-pick what's real, you might as well stop watching TV.

Fred.

:ohhh::cheers:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Everyone always loves Jesse, but it's hard for me to sympathize with him after all the lame shyt he's done in the first 4 seasons. He kind of pulled it together last season when Gus gave him the Tony/Chris treatment, but Jesse...man the kid was fukking up all over the place, a self righteous, arrogant, immature simp, who is always thinking with his heart, not the business. Threatened to go to the DEA numerous times, I can't respect him. Been trying to catch these reruns on AMC, they started off showing them at like 1-2 AM, now they are 3-4, just show them at midnight. No one is going to be upset they can't watch 'Swordfish' or another decade old action movie in the late night.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F

Newsflash: BREAKING BAD is not a REAL LIFE documentary of Actual Events....

last time i checked it fit the genre of 'Dark Action
DRAMA"

That means FICTION!!! :beli:

i swear you "coke rap fans" have a hard time distingusing between FANTASY and REALITY....you muthaphukas try to find STREET CREDIBILITY in every damn aspect of life, even if it's a gottdamn cable tv show

Nobody gives a RAT ASS on how you think a Mexican Cartel actually operates....

the point of this thread is to appreciate and discuss the ENTERTAINMENT provided by BREAKING BAD

which in the general opinon of most of the RATIONAL PEOPLE on this board is DAMN GOOD
:popcorn:

As for you my friend you need some therapy and maybe a father figure or something :leostare:

cause you really got life fukked up dawg, if you feel so "decieved" by a damn tv script...

• Dap
Reactions: hex

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
And really, 'Breaking Bad' does pretty well dealing with the street trade and the organized crime elements, not all of it is perfect, and certainly none of us could tell if it was, but it's very solid, very well done, not over the top, or cliche, the writers/directors definitely do their research. Yeah, things like bringing down a TCO in one day, or one meeting is a stretch, but, like everyone is saying it is a tv show first.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I gotta agree with Suge.

And to add on, I love "The Wire" but it kinda fukked the game up. People are now obssessed with how "real" shyt should be portrayed. But that was the entire angle of the show. You can't apply that to any other show.

The sole point of "Breaking Bad" is "turning a good man into Scarface". That's literally the entire premise of the show....to the point that they used multiple actors from the movie....and Scarface isn't real. The show is a morality play, whether or not the framework around that is 100% "real" has nothing to do with anything.

If you want to judge "is this show achieving it's goal?", ask yourself, is Walt the same person in season 4 that he was in season 1? The obvious answer is "no". All that other shyt is for the birds.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
FreedS[ohh]lave;527922 said:
Why saul and mike wire walts crib?

Because they don't trust Skylar, who could go to the Feds and fukk up their whole operation.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Then he should have killed Jessie too.

I meant to address this earlier.

First off, :wtf:

Why would he kill Jesse? He didn't even kill Jane....he let her die....and that wasn't even his intention when he went over there, he just wanted to talk.

The argument you're making more applies to season 3 than season 2. This will make more sense when you watch season 3, especially the second half.

Fred.