Breaking Bad TV Movie in the works - Jesse Pinkman story post-BB

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
let's fukkin get it, i'm in for this

just gimmie some flashbacks with Walt and some flashbacks with Hank and i'll be good :yeshrug: i know not to doubt Gilligan

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as much as I loved BB I always thought BCS would be kinda boring, I watched the first 3 episodes when they dropped weekly and stopped, i didn’t think it was trash or anything but it just didn’t pull me in.

With season 4 just finishing I went back and binged the whole thing and loved it, he did a phenomenal job of expanding the B.B. universe/backstories and cant wait for S5 where we finally see it move into Saul/BB territory, so with all that said I have a lot of faith in this, I’m all for it :jawalrus:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Most Hated Character

First time watching: Skyler

Second time watching: Todd’s Uncle

Third time watching: Jesse :pacspit:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Hmm, only thing I’ve taken from this thread is I need to try BCS again..
. Which randomly reminds me I need to catch up on the Americans.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I keep starting it and stopping but now that Dexter’s over I’ll queue this up next.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Apparently Cranston says he has yet to receive a script for this but he wonders if Walter White might pop up in a flashback or something.
:jbhmm:
It has no replay value, because it relied on cheap shocks.
You sure you aren't getting Breaking Bad confused with Lost?

I agree but I love better call saul
Same here. BCS turned into one of my favorite shows and I'd even argue that some aspects of it are better than Breaking Bad. At the very least BCS makes BrBa better and vice versa. They compliment each other well, and if the same team is behind this new project, then I'm not going to doubt them. I think this should be pretty dope.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
both their movie careers failed, especially Aaron Paul's.

Aaron Paul....yeah.

Bryan Cranson has basically been acting for fun since "Malcolm In The Middle" ended....apparently he has some kind of crazy residual deal and the money is so good he could've retired before "Breaking Bad" even started.

Fred.

I agree re: Aaron Paul and if you watch the behind the scenes of the final BrBa season you can even tell that Paul knows his career has peaked. It's kind of sad to see. You can tell he genuinely doesn't want the show to be over, not only because he will miss it and because it was fun, but also because he seems like he knows it won't get any better than that for him.
:mjcry:

Re: Cranston though I would say his movie career has been good. He only takes projects he's interested in for reasons @hex said. He's loaded and has no desire to become a leading man or a movie star. But he's often the best part of the movies that he chooses. I'd also give him credit for being a good voice actor, which is not easy because you can't use your facial expressions. That movie Isle of Dogs was pretty bad from a voice acting perspective but Cranston killed it.

Lesser actors would easily have been typecast as either Hal or especially as Walter White. One of the biggest testaments to Cranston's skill level is when he's in movies or TV shows I don't just see Walter White or Hal. Contrast that to Aaron Paul and I just think Jesse anytime I see him in anything else. I'm not saying he's a bad actor at all, but Cranston is a top shelf talent.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Michael C Hall has teased coming back as Dexter if someone pitches a good idea for the story

ANYTHING would be better than that final season

There were three seasons (killer-wise) that were weak as hell- the skinner, Doomsday and the Mob one were ehh. The last season was so weird, I could’ve lived with just five. i think Incommented in the og thread but they should have done the Bay Butcher and Ice Truck killers later and it wouldn’t have been such a glaring dropoff in quality/sense. Rita in the tub was a top 20 tv moment for me.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
There were three seasons (killer-wise) that were weak as hell- the skinner, Doomsday and the Mob one were ehh. The last season was so weird, I could’ve lived with just five. i think Incommented in the og thread but they should have done the Bay Butcher and Ice Truck killers later and it wouldn’t have been such a glaring dropoff in quality/sense. Rita in the tub was a top 20 tv moment for me.

Seasons 1-4 were amazing TV

Then Clyde Phillips left the show as the executive producer because of a dispute with Showtime

He later did an interview saying that the ending was supposed to be Dexter gets caught and the ending was going to be him walking down the hallway to the electric chair and seeing all his victims along the way and then you see through his eyes as the hood goes down over his face as he's staring at the gallery and that was the ending

Showtime didn't like that ending... apparently driving your boat into a fukking hurricane and becoming a fukking lumberjack while abandoning your kid with a serial killer made more sense.... :beli: