Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Good post. The only reason I got the revenge vibe was because instead of finishing that delicious looking breakfast he immediately bounced outside to the car and gun. He could've waited 5 minutes for those hashbronws, bacon, and eggs, right? :mindblown:

I think the exchange of money and realizing that the time for whatever is going to happen was here probably made Walt lose his appetite. Plus, the whole 52 (I think the Omega thing is on point btw) birthday thing was maybe more ritualistic if anything. I think he's lost everything by this point, he's probably been told he has only a couple months left to live because of the cancer as well. The ritual with the breakfast could just be a last reflection on life pre-Heisenberg.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
M-60s are around $25,000 so I doubt money is a problem at that point in the story. All he probably has is money at that point.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
question for the board.......

do y'all listen to the official podcasts??? i started last season. they always tell you / answer questions about the episodes. and its done by the creator of the show. so a lot of things people are questioning are answered.

also, a lot of backround into characters is told that doesn't make it to tv. i remember that cause of the whole gus is gay thing and the editor announced it. they tell you what such and such means.. that face, that look, that prop, what the person was told to feel or if it was written to be a certain way.

i say this cause

on the last podcast, the creator of the show said we WILL get to the m60 in the first 8... then the last 8 will start after they wrap that up.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I listen to every pod cast, but I take what they say with a grain of salt. The editor said Gus is gay, Vince Gilligan said it's open to interpretation, Giancarlo Espositio said the script mentioned nothing about him being gay, they were just friends.

So yeah it's good for some extra info, but I don't read too much into it. I don't remember Vince Gilligan saying we'd get into the M-60 in the first 8....I might be wrong though. I remember him saying "we'd get to it at some point in the future, obviously", but I don't remember it being nailed down to the first 8.

Fred.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I listened to the podcasts for the last few episodes of the 4th season but I forgot all about them. I've been meaning to give the entire series a re-watch and listen to all the podcasts but who has the time...

Props for the reminder.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think the exchange of money and realizing that the time for whatever is going to happen was here probably made Walt lose his appetite. Plus, the whole 52 (I think the Omega thing is on point btw) birthday thing was maybe more ritualistic if anything. I think he's lost everything by this point, he's probably been told he has only a couple months left to live because of the cancer as well. The ritual with the breakfast could just be a last reflection on life pre-Heisenberg.

I agree completely. I made that post largely for jokes, because the meal looked so good at the time :cheers:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I listen to every pod cast, but I take what they say with a grain of salt. The editor said Gus is gay, Vince Gilligan said it's open to interpretation, Giancarlo Espositio said the script mentioned nothing about him being gay, they were just friends.

So yeah it's good for some extra info, but I don't read too much into it. I don't remember Vince Gilligan saying we'd get into the M-60 in the first 8....I might be wrong though. I remember him saying "we'd get to it at some point in the future, obviously", but I don't remember it being nailed down to the first 8.

Fred.

vince is his name, i completely forgot.. anyways the editor asked him if he has this all planned out, the ending. he says he never has them all planned out, only what they shot. because up until then, they can change anything.. even as they shoot it.......

but then he says they already SHOT the first 8 episodes... they go on to talk about the "m60" preview intro.... then Vince goes on to talk about the director who SHOT that FULL "M60" episode. so in other words, its already been shot, and they've only shot the first 8 episodes so...............

also, some set guy is talking about how they wanted the entire first episode to be in the future... they go into how they thought of just making that the start but wanted to go back and tie up loose ends (i'm guessing the camera)

weird but Vince then says, he thought about shooting an alternate of that first scene, but with the bacon saying 53, but he decided not to.. its crazy to me that these writers on shows really don't plan this stuff out at all.. and he was also saying they don't even write it in order.. they might write 3 scenes of episode 4, then go back and write a scene in episode 1, then skip and write another scene somewhere else... it would explain the plot holes and stupidity we get in SOME shows. i would think they sit around, watch all the past seasons with notes, then get to writing out the next one. apparently it can be a toss up where they can either start 2 mins later or 3 years later and still crank out a great story

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
vince is his name, i completely forgot.. anyways the editor asked him if he has this all planned out, the ending. he says he never has them all planned out, only what they shot. because up until then, they can change anything.. even as they shoot it.......

but then he says they already SHOT the first 8 episodes... they go on to talk about the "m60" preview intro.... then Vince goes on to talk about the director who SHOT that FULL "M60" episode. so in other words, its already been shot, and they've only shot the first 8 episodes so...............

also, some set guy is talking about how they wanted the entire first episode to be in the future... they go into how they thought of just making that the start but wanted to go back and tie up loose ends (i'm guessing the camera)

weird but Vince then says, he thought about shooting an alternate of that first scene, but with the bacon saying 53, but he decided not to.. its crazy to me that these writers on shows really don't plan this stuff out at all.. and he was also saying they don't even write it in order.. they might write 3 scenes of episode 4, then go back and write a scene in episode 1, then skip and write another scene somewhere else... it would explain the plot holes and stupidity we get in SOME shows. i would think they sit around, watch all the past seasons with notes, then get to writing out the next one. apparently it can be a toss up where they can either start 2 mins later or 3 years later and still crank out a great story

I'd have to re-listen because that's not what I heard. I heard they originally planned to jump ahead completely, but decided against it, then decided a nice compromise would be to make the intro a jump ahead. I never heard they had a full "M-60 ep".

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I just realized going back and watching the past 2 seasons that Gus was gay.

Yeah I heard Vince confirmed that fans who guessed that Gus was in a homo relationship with Max wouldn't be wrong but he didn't confirm whether Gus was gay or not.

It makes a lot of sense with how Gus was so invested in destroying the Salamancas... Yeah it's plausible that a close friend would go that far but a lover would make more sense.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah I heard Vince confirmed that fans who guessed that Gus was in a homo relationship with Max wouldn't be wrong but he didn't confirm whether Gus was gay or not.

It makes a lot of sense with how Gus was so invested in destroying the Salamancas... Yeah it's plausible that a close friend would go that far but a lover would make more sense.

Yea when Hector is pissing in the pool before their meeting in Mexico with Gus and his boy, he's like "who's gonna tell the boss? You guys? You probably like what you see." and puckering his lips at them.:laugh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Am I the only person who thinks Gretchen (Walt's ex) had a brief cameo in the first episode?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:upsetfavre:

Man yall need to cut that gay shyt out. Obviously Vince Gilligan said "yeah, it's open to interpretation" because he has no reason to piss off gay fans. But Giancarlo Esposito (Gus) said as it was written in the script, they were just best friends. He said he didn't even remotely think about it being some gay shyt until people asked him.

Plus as it's been said before Gus has a wife and kids. I'm not saying you should spend 20 years seeking revenge, but if you don't have a close friend that you'd be traumatized if he was murdered in front of you, and all you can think is "nah, they were obviously fukking"....I gotta ask what kind of friends you have.

Fred.

weMFR

Pro
Daps
yall peep bryan cranston on conan tonight? lego mef labs :ahh:

they showed a clip of next weeks episode also

• Dap
Reactions: hex