Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
when did he say he had a wife and kid? not denying it, im sure i missed it but i dont remember?

He spoke with Walt about taking care of his family back home and that "a man must provide for is family." That was one of the main reasons Gus stayed in the game I believe. Season 2 or 3. I'll try to track it down.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Season 3, ep 11 "Abiquiu".

Gus invites Walt over to his house for dinner, and he tells Walt he can't cook the dish he's making very often because "my kids won't eat it".

EDIT:

Here's an interview where he talks about the writers asking him to bring in photos of his daughters to use as Gus's family. He also mentions Gus having a wife, but they never got into it in season 4. Season 5 maybe?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwSdBGQuI9M"]On Gustavo's Family - YouTube[/ame]

Fred.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is no mention at ANY point of the show that Gus had a wife....There are mentions of him have family and kids but that doesn't absolve him from being gay.

As others have said Gus being gay is open to interpretation, it's not absolute fact, but it's hardly a reach either.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
id never ehard the gay shyt until now but it honestly doesnt suprise me. i mean your a successful businessman in his mid 30's wit mad paper and you dont have a wife or kids? actually fukk the wife and kids they could have at least shown him with a bad bytch on his arm in at least one episode. dude was never around any females.

:beli:

Was he supposed to have chicks with him while working at the chicken place?

When discussing drug deals with Walt in the basement of a factory?

Ronald

Daps
I think one of the reasons people think hes gay is because

when Hector was takin a piss in the pool, he said "they like what they see" to Gus and Max

but I'm pretty sure he had kids, there were toys and stuff all over the house when Walt went over for dinner. (Unless he was fakin it to try and relate to Walt)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There is no mention at ANY point of the show that Gus had a wife....There are mentions of him have family and kids but that doesn't absolve him from being gay.

As others have said Gus being gay is open to interpretation, it's not absolute fact, but it's hardly a reach either.

They asked the actor to bring in pics of his kids, because Gus has a wife and kids. They never went into that story line, but it was planned, which is why he mentions his kids.

Him having a wife and kids isn't why I'm saying he isn't gay. It was never in the script, or the direction for the scene between Gus and his homie. That's straight from the actor himself that played the role. Like I said he had no idea people thought Gus was gay until he read about it.

I honestly don't get how this is so hard to understand. The sole reason to say "it's open to interpretation" is to be PC. I'd do the same thing if I was them.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

when Hector was takin a piss in the pool, he said "they like what they see" to Gus and Max

but I'm pretty sure he had kids, there were toys and stuff all over the house when Walt went over for dinner. (Unless he was fakin it to try and relate to Walt)

I chalked that up to Hector calling them fakkits....but I never thought :ohhh: "they're actually gay". Hector also shyt on him in season 3, the flashback scene when it shows the cousins as kids. He never liked or respected Gus. :manny:

Fred.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sounds like some shyt an a$$hole that would damn near drown his nephew to teach life lessons and piss in a pool in front of a bunch of people would say.

Daps
Lol I knew dudes would try and call Gus gay. On one hand it does seem likely since he paid for dudes tuition, cried when he got murked, and they called each other "partners". But something I didnt like was this bytch wife of Walts giving her side dikk 600k for his p*ssy ass tax debt.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They asked the actor to bring in pics of his kids, because Gus has a wife and kids. They never went into that story line, but it was planned, which is why he mentions his kids.

Him having a wife and kids isn't why I'm saying he isn't gay. It was never in the script, or the direction for the scene between Gus and his homie. That's straight from the actor himself that played the role. Like I said he had no idea people thought Gus was gay until he read about it.

I honestly don't get how this is so hard to understand. The sole reason to say "it's open to interpretation" is to be PC. I'd do the same thing if I was them.

Fred.

Why do you care so much if it's open to interpretation to some people? It seriously aint that big of a deal as you're making it out to be.