Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yo I know this is off-topic, but something I have always been wondering about your posting style.

Why won't you just put "Fred." in your signature?

Liquid.

Because a long time ago, around the late 90s, I wasn't accustomed to posting on message boards. I didn't understand how they worked.

So I was visiting a few boards with my Dreamcast browser, and I'd sign "Fred" at the end because I thought each post was like a letter. Obviously I was wrong but now I use it more stylistically, since no one else signs their name.

Fred.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
The cinematography for BB is excellent and very artistic. Every single time Walt met Gus in the desert was just :ohlawd:

The last time when all the guys met in the desert and it had that tone shadow around the edges of the screen...gotdamn that shyt was sick brehs. Boardwalk Empire is good too but not better than BB. I can't hate on the Scorcese team.

sapa

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The cinematography for BB is excellent and very artistic. Every single time Walt met Gus in the desert was just :ohlawd:

The last time when all the guys met in the desert and it had that tone shadow around the edges of the screen...gotdamn that shyt was sick brehs. Boardwalk Empire is good too but not better than BB. I can't hate on the Scorcese team.

The cinematography is better than 90% of the movies that get made. It's amazing. You almost need to watch each episode several times just to pick up on a lot of the shots

sapa

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats when he went to hanks office and got the bug out of it. that angle looks like hidden camera was place there.. Go watch it again :wow:

I don't think there will ever be a storyline with a cctv shot. Don't see how they would work it in and what the point would be.

sapa

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to have to watch The Wire again as it's been years now. I remember loving it but not as much as when watching Breaking Bad. Has anyone watched them fairly close to each other to be able to really compare the two?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to have to watch The Wire again as it's been years now. I remember loving it but not as much as when watching Breaking Bad. Has anyone watched them fairly close to each other to be able to really compare the two?

I watched "The Wire" in it's entirety directly before I started seasons 1-3 of "Breaking Bad", around 2ish years ago.

I considered "The Wire" the GOAT TV show until the end of season 4 of "Breaking Bad".

As time passes the gap between the two seems to be widening, because "The Wire" had a terrible last season, and season 5 of "BB", while not as good as 4, is at least on par with 1-3. If they nail the last 8 eps I would put this head-and-shoulders above "The Wire".

Fred.

sapa

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I definitely remember there being dud episodes of the wire. Plus some of the acting was a bit shoddy too at times. I've been gripped by every episode of BB and the acting is outstanding pretty much all round

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf:

You are severely over estimating how popular this show is.

"The Wire" at the height of it's popularity had 1+ million more viewers than "Breaking Bad". And if we're going by popularity, it has the least ratings out of the 3 shows you named.

Which would explain why this show doesn't get more awards, right?

Fred.

Yeah, for all the love Breaking Bad and Mad Men get critically, it's ratings aren't that great.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Thats when he went to hanks office and got the bug out of it. that angle looks like hidden camera was place there.. Go watch it again :wow:
if they had a hidden camera in Hanks office then they would be watching it everyday right? it's not like a camera at a 7-11 which is there just in case a robbery happens, this would be there to check up on Hank so someone would be watching consistently. they would have noticed Walt putting the bugs in in the first place.