Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Awards? Seriously? :aicmon:

By that logic "The Wire" is a terrible show. It didn't win any awards after all.

I'm not asking for the Emmy's opinion. I'm asking for your opinion. You made the statement, so post up some pics of this amazing cinematography.

Fred.

Not really. Shows need a measure of popularity to get recognition, most people know that is why the Wire didn't get it's just due with awards. BB doesn't have that problem as it has mutiple wins & nominations in the most popular of TV categories. I'm sure a show this popular that is head & shoulders above it's peers in a particular category could get just recognition for it no?

I gave you my opinion already, I don't have the tools at work to post much of anything though.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_lmoyswxfbW1qa2ot6o1_5001.png

breaking%20bad37%20resized.jpg

336647413_640.jpg

http://bytchstolemyremote.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/episode-2-walt-2.jpeg

Breaking-Bad-3x10-001.jpg

breakingbad_1951967b.jpg

pov.png

episode-4-walt-skyler.jpeg

That is impressive cinematography.

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not really. Shows need a measure of popularity to get recognition, most people know that is why the Wire didn't get it's just due with awards. BB doesn't have that problem as it has mutiple wins & nominations in the most popular of TV categories. I'm sure a show this popular that is head & shoulders above it's peers in a particular category could get just recognition for it no?

I gave you my opinion already, I don't have the tools at work to post much of anything though.

:wtf:

You are severely over estimating how popular this show is.

"The Wire" at the height of it's popularity had 1+ million more viewers than "Breaking Bad". And if we're going by popularity, it has the least ratings out of the 3 shows you named.

Which would explain why this show doesn't get more awards, right?

Fred.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Breaking Bad's Cinematography is great.

That scene when it looked like Mike was about to break out was incredible to me. Especially when they had that camera in the well as he was dumping his laptop/weapons. It made you feel like the character really had a shot to get away.

I don't even have to bring up the "Crawl Space" ending...that speaks for itself.

What, you still don't agree? :leostare:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
:wtf:

You are severely over estimating how popular this show is.

"The Wire" at the height of it's popularity had 1+ million more viewers than "Breaking Bad". And if we're going by popularity, it has the least ratings out of the 3 shows you named.

Which would explain why this show doesn't get more awards, right?

Fred.

Yeah they had a high peak with the White cast in season 2 but on avg the Wire had worse ratings. But more to the point, BB is prominently recognized at the award shows, so you can't use that as an excuse. I'm sure you big up their wins as examples of the great acting performances given by Walt & Jessie.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
10 minute vid of cinematographic high lights from this season:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/48781235]Gliding Over All: The Cinematography of Breaking Bad, Season 5.1 on Vimeo[/ame]

:ahh:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah they had a high peak with the White cast in season 2 but on avg the Wire had worse ratings. But more to the point, BB is prominately recognized at the award shows, so you can't use that as an excuse. I'm sure you big up their wins as examples of the great acting performances given by Walt & Jessie.

Nah I don't actually. I've never put much stock into award shows.

Go check out the old threads on SOHH. I've never been the "awards guy", mainly due to "The Wire" being completely ignored.

Fred.