Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Gonna blow yall minds again real quick....

During the season 3 ep "Sunset", the cousins murder a cop with an axe. I'm sure you remember the scene, one bites into an apple right as the axe swings.

The cop tries to call in for back up "KDK-12 to dispatch". Obviously back up never comes.

KDK-12 is also the call letters for the Overlook Hotel in "The Shining". Wendy mentions this several times as she calls for help.

the_shining-10809.jpg

"Breaking Bad" is the GOAT. :yeshrug:

Fred.

:ohhh:

Wow. But should we expect less at this point? We are at the point where GOAT does not justify how good this show is...

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
False. There is no season of this show as bad as season 5 of "The Wire". And this show, at it's best, is easily on par with "The Wire" at it's best.

If we're being completely subjective, acting, cinematography, and writing go to "Breaking Bad".

The Wire's trump card is realism which actually hurts it if we're comparing these two shows. 50 years from now people will remember Gus's face getting blown off, it's iconic.

Bodie dying on that corner was :to: but that shyt really happens every day, you can read about it. It's pedestrian.

If people prefer either show, fine. But to say one is "better than the other in almost every way"....no.

Fred.

Season 5 was weak by the Wire's high standards but not bad by any means.

I think most people would agree that the Wire has more replay value than almost any show including Breaking Bad...and thats important when determining which tv shows are better.

Breaking Bad has certainly picked up in the last few seasons but it started out very slow and somewhat boring for some...and that holds it back from GOAT status imo.

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
This episode better not let me down, I'm off.. I got some weed and liquor on deck (pours out a lil for Mike). What more can a man ask for?

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
False. There is no season of this show as bad as season 5 of "The Wire". And this show, at it's best, is easily on par with "The Wire" at it's best.
If we're being completely subjective, acting, cinematography, and writing go to "Breaking Bad".
The Wire's trump card is realism which actually hurts it if we're comparing these two shows. 50 years from now people will remember Gus's face getting blown off, it's iconic.
Bodie dying on that corner was :to: but that shyt really happens every day, you can read about it. It's pedestrian.
If people prefer either show, fine. But to say one is "better than the other in almost every way"....no.

Fred.

Yea..........umm no. The Wire's "realism" is exactly why it takes a dump on BB. You and everyone else in here are better off comparing BB to Sopranos than the Wire...and its not even better than the Sopranos. The Wire is in a completely different league man. At what point in time have they done this with Breaking bad?

Why are professors at Harvard, Duke, and Middlebury teaching courses on David Simon's The Wire? - Slate Magazine

New Course Uses HBO's 'The Wire' To Examine Urban America | UVA Today

Foreshadowing and paying homage to other movies does not make BB the goat. Good show...even great at times but not better than Wire or Sopranos. and smh at you thinking the acting and writing in BB is better than the Wire. I done heard it all now man:russ:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Yea..........umm no. The Wire's "realism" is exactly why it takes a dump on BB. You and everyone else in here are better off comparing BB to Sopranos than the Wire...and its not even better than the Sopranos. The Wire is in a completely different league man. At what point in time have they done this with Breaking bad?

Why are professors at Harvard, Duke, and Middlebury teaching courses on David Simon's The Wire? - Slate Magazine

Foreshadowing and paying homage to other movies does not make BB the goat. Good show...even great at times but not better than Wire or Sopranos. and smh at you thinking the acting and writing in BB is better than the Wire. I done heard it all now man:russ:

:lawd:

great post

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I hate this argument the whole "college courses on it"...theres college courses on lady gaga lyrics, judge tv shows like judge judy, star trek, south park, the apprentice, and even the muppets... nowadays, they will make a college course based on ANYTHING...

argue the two shows on merit not stupid sh*t like this

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
I hate this argument the whole "college courses on it"...theres college courses on lady gaga lyrics, judge tv shows like judge judy, star trek, south park, the apprentice, and even the muppets... nowadays, they will make a college course based on ANYTHING...
argue the two shows on merit not stupid sh*t like this

:snoop:
I've never seen full college courses dedicated to Muppets and Star Trek or any of that other bullshyt you named. nice try though.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

I think most people would agree that the Wire has more replay value than almost any show including Breaking Bad...and thats important when determining which tv shows are better.

Breaking Bad has certainly picked up in the last few seasons but it started out very slow and somewhat boring for some...and that holds it back from GOAT status imo.

I gotta agree with this. I've seen The Wire like five times entirely. I never skipped episodes not even for the supposed "weak" seasons.

While I like BB a lot I'm actually holding it up to The Shield which has one of the best series finales I've ever seen in my TV watching life. If BB can't wow me like that with it's finish, it ain't gonna be my GOAT :yeshrug:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

I can't get through season 2 of the Wire....and I keep hearing Season 5 was the worst

:yeshrug: