Six Feet Under
Mad Men
Arrested Development
Curb your enthusiasm
Deadwood
Battlestar Galactica
etc.

game of thrones/boardwalk in running but have so many seasons to go
I haven't seen all those shows, but BG is definitely not good enough to be a GOAT show breh

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
And season 5 of "The Wire" was weak, period. Stop moving the goal post. "Well, it was weak by Wire standards". No. Any show that suddenly introduces a fake serial killer story line on some "Dexter" shyt had a bad season.

I love "Breaking Bad" but I can sit here and point out it's flaws subjectively....nobody ever wants to say anything bad about "The Wire" even though I know people were complaining about shyt when it was on. I can tell you exactly what the complaints were, too.

Fred.

Do tell...

The only complaints most people had were that season 2 wasn't the equivalent of "Illmatic part 2" and that Season 5 was too short and the newspaper angle was weak. :yeshrug:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I have a tradition, I usually eat fairly healthy, but for the last few 'Breaking Bad' season finales, I grab a pizza from a spot in Little Italy just got home with the pizza, I'm ready.

I know Walt won't be going down permanently, this season, but I want to see the man begin to crumble. Give us SOMETHING with Hank too. I'm dying for him to realize, Dean Norris has been incredible in that role.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Do tell...

The only complaints most people had were that season 2 wasn't the equivalent of "Illmatic part 2" and that Season 5 was too short and the newspaper angle was weak. :yeshrug:

Season 2 supposedly sold out what the show is about introducing all those white characters....they shouldn't have killed off D'angelo....the dock angle was lame....the political shyt in season 3 was boring....season 5 was a train wreck that was not well received, at all. Not by "The Wire" standard, by any standard. If we're keeping it 100 people said the show should've ended at 4, and fell off with 5.

Mind you, this isn't even necessarily complaints I agree with. Except for it falling off with season 5....and I still considered it the GOAT up until season 4 of "Breaking Bad"....and I can do the same thing to this show, too. A common complaint for season 2 was the plane crash shyt was too convoluted....a common complaint about season 3 was Jesse meeting the girl who just happened to have a brother that killed Combo was too convenient, etc.

If people prefer "The Wire", cool but so many people watched it after the fact, and were told "it's the GOAT!" that a lot of the problems people had with it get swept under the rug. I'm just keeping it 100 with both shows.

Fred.

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Season 2 supposedly sold out what the show is about introducing all those white characters....they shouldn't have killed off D'angelo....the dock angle was lame....the political shyt in season 3 was boring....season 5 was a train wreck that was not well received, at all. Not by "The Wire" standard, by any standard. If we're keeping it 100 people said the show should've ended at 4, and fell off with 5.

Mind you, this isn't even necessarily complaints I agree with. Except for it falling off with season 5....and I still considered it the GOAT up until season 4 of "Breaking Bad"....and I can do the same thing to this show, too. A common complaint for season 2 was the plane crash shyt was too convoluted....a common complaint about season 3 was Jesse meeting the girl who just happened to have a brother than killed Combo was too convenient, etc.

If people prefer "The Wire", cool but so many people watched it after the fact, and were told "it's the GOAT!" that a lot of the problems people had with it get swept under the rug. I'm just keeping it 100 with both shows.

Fred.

honestly the biggest argument someone could make against breaking bad that it is def not realistic. where as in the wire it was based on being as real as possible. But i'm not ready to say which is the goat until the last episode of breaking bad ends. Cuz if it ends on some lost, sopranos, mass effect type bullshyt; it will ruin the show

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
honestly the biggest argument someone could make against breaking bad that it is def not realistic. where as in the wire it was based on being as real as possible. But i'm not ready to say which is the goat until the last episode of breaking bad ends. Cuz if it ends on some lost, sopranos, mass effect type bullshyt; it will ruin the show

Of course "The Wire" is realistic, half the characters and situations are real. Every major character is either directly copied from a real person, or an amalgamation of several people, from Avon, on down to Landsman.

I'll give an example. A lot of people were :ooh: over the cops fooling the guy with a copier, saying it's a lie detector. That happened in real life, so how much credit can I give the show for that?

So realism isn't a plus or a minus for me.

And obviously if this show falls off in the next 9 eps I'll adjust my opinion of it. But I gave "The Wire" the GOAT crown after that terrible season 5, so this show would have to fukk up pretty bad for me to completely change my over all opinion of it.

Fred.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I got the shakes Brehs. Eating green Beans mash potatoes and rotisserie chicken tonight+ and drinking coca cola.
45560790-04a8-1d7f.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: hex