Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Props, but my original point was that the scene was just sloppily written to even leave that ambiguity about that scene as a possibility. And I've seen them use the "it's up to the viewer's imagination" card more times than I can count to cover up said ambiguity. I think I've made a more than compelling argument as to why it makes sense to think Walt was aware that killing Mike was an option and thus took the gun, but that his ego was the catalyst to actually using it. Me being able to make that strong a case speaks to the ambiguity of a scene that they're saying has one correct interpretation.

I'm not trying to shyt on the show, I love the show. Just pointing out something I noticed.

Dude you're a dumbazz. Mike beat walt down tot he floor once already.... of course he took the gun to prevent mike from blasting him over any animosity from killing Gustavo Fringe. Also when Mike was tlaking that talk with no strap you KNEW heisenberg the gawd was going to handle his business.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Not trying to get into the thread derailment that is the wire vs breaking bad but

Bodies death >>> anyone on breaking bads death even walts

The wire allowed you to grow through the seasons with bodie and he never did anything to make you hate his character. Even when they came at wallace he didn't want to do it. He was just a dude trying to make money to survive,he just wanted his piece of the pie and Marlo wanted to steal it from him. That's why when he died on that corner you felt it.

Mikes death is the only one that going to come close to bodies. Everyone else on BB is either annoying,a c*nt,or a dikk

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gonna blow yall minds again real quick....

During the season 3 ep "Sunset", the cousins murder a cop with an axe. I'm sure you remember the scene, one bites into an apple right as the axe swings.

The cop tries to call in for back up "KDK-12 to dispatch". Obviously back up never comes.

KDK-12 is also the call letters for the Overlook Hotel in "The Shining". Wendy mentions this several times as she calls for help.

the_shining-10809.jpg

"Breaking Bad" is the GOAT. :yeshrug:

Fred.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Breaking Bad kills The Wire

I don't care about that social political bullshyt about how everything is connected from the streets to congressmen or that professors play it at universities.

Only dope character was Omar
:what:
Shut ur dumb ass up
I have no problem if u think breaking bad is better
But saying Omar the only character on the wire :why:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I love this show, and i can't make my final comment on this season until the whole body of work is done, however there has been a slight decline in overall quality, every season there has been progression, that being said every show even the goats like the wire had a decline in quality so im just going to enjoy the ride on this pontiac aztec
45560790-bf89-c051.jpg
it could go for another 200,000 miles

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
The Wire is superior to Breaking Bad in almost every way...lets just enjoy the rest of the season and not get carried away here. :laugh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Wire is superior to Breaking Bad in almost every way...lets just enjoy the rest of the season and not get carried away here. :laugh:

False. There is no season of this show as bad as season 5 of "The Wire". And this show, at it's best, is easily on par with "The Wire" at it's best.

If we're being completely subjective, acting, cinematography, and writing go to "Breaking Bad".

The Wire's trump card is realism which actually hurts it if we're comparing these two shows. 50 years from now people will remember Gus's face getting blown off, it's iconic.

Bodie dying on that corner was :to: but that shyt really happens every day, you can read about it. It's pedestrian.

If people prefer either show, fine. But to say one is "better than the other in almost every way"....no.

Fred.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I can see why so many people are comparing this to the wire

but i think it's more similar to Weeds (obviously it's a more gritty/male dominated version but you know what i mean)

1. both show's add just enough fukkery so that's it's not to realistic and/or boring
2. both are based on people with no prior criminal tendencies jumping head first into the game
3. both of the characters families are involved and they have to balance the crime and how their families are involved in it.
4. Both got big in the game during a short period of time due to their interactions with the high rollers
5.Nancy seems just as high risk (although maybe not as grimey) as Walt

:yeshrug:

Hard Hitta

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Battle Crack, MI
Gonna blow yall minds again real quick....

During the season 3 ep "Sunset", the cousins murder a cop with an axe. I'm sure you remember the scene, one bites into an apple right as the axe swings.

The cop tries to call in for back up "KDK-12 to dispatch". Obviously back up never comes.

KDK-12 is also the call letters for the Overlook Hotel in "The Shining". Wendy mentions this several times as she calls for help.

the_shining-10809.jpg

"Breaking Bad" is the GOAT. :yeshrug:

Fred.

:ohhh:

:wtf:

:pachaha:

:stopitslime:

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Breh, shut the fukk up. :aicmon:

And Mike was talking all that shyt with no strap? Where the fukk did the gun he was holding right before he died come from? :snoop:

He left it cause the pigs were on him. They searched his house he was WITH his daughter stop agonizing over minut details lame.