Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
the only show that is remotely close to The Wire's level in terms of writing and just incredible character dialouge is Mad Men. which is why its my second favorite show after BB, breaking bad for all its greatness doesnt have exceptional dialogue, but its a monster of a story telling experience with top notch acting. Mad Men is more comparable to the Wire on a written level than BB is.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
the only show that is remotely close to The Wire's level in terms of writing and just incredible character dialouge is Mad Men. which is why its my second favorite show after BB, breaking bad for all its greatness doesnt have exceptional dialogue, but its a monster of a story telling experience with top notch acting. Mad Men is more comparable to the Wire on a written level than BB is.

Those are my holy trinity of tv shows with Sopranos right there.

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
top 4 shows all time no order
The Shield
The Wire
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad

the 5th spot is what is up for debate
Six Feet Under
Mad Men
Arrested Development
Curb your enthusiasm
Deadwood
Battlestar Galactica
etc.

game of thrones/boardwalk in running but have so many seasons to go

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea..........umm no. The Wire's "realism" is exactly why it takes a dump on BB. You and everyone else in here are better off comparing BB to Sopranos than the Wire...and its not even better than the Sopranos. The Wire is in a completely different league man. At what point in time have they done this with Breaking bad?

Why are professors at Harvard, Duke, and Middlebury teaching courses on David Simon's The Wire? - Slate Magazine

New Course Uses HBO's 'The Wire' To Examine Urban America | UVA Today

Foreshadowing and paying homage to other movies does not make BB the goat. Good show...even great at times but not better than Wire or Sopranos. and smh at you thinking the acting and writing in BB is better than the Wire. I done heard it all now man:russ:

There is also college courses on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Star Trek" what is your point exactly?

5 Offbeat Classes To Get Geeked Out About | TechnoBuffalo

This is not the card to play if you want to argue about which show is better.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And season 5 of "The Wire" was weak, period. Stop moving the goal post. "Well, it was weak by Wire standards". No. Any show that suddenly introduces a fake serial killer story line on some "Dexter" shyt had a bad season.

I love "Breaking Bad" but I can sit here and point out it's flaws subjectively....nobody ever wants to say anything bad about "The Wire" even though I know people were complaining about shyt when it was on. I can tell you exactly what the complaints were, too.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's really no reason to compare these shows. This isn't like sports where we can pull up ERA and WHIP and OBP. Great art is great art, and always in its own right, separate from other art.

You're right. :manny:

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
game of thrones/boardwalk in running but have so many seasons to go

Not really :smugfavre:

Since I'm ahead with the books I can say the next two seasons of GoT if done right may topple Breaking Bad's entire run.

In the book thread nikkas stated that they had to put the book down cuz they were overwhelmed like :wow:

Real talk I still had my :damn: face for days on when I finished. There's going to be like 5 impacts of this magnitude for the next two seasons.

But.....:comeon:

That's if it's done right. I didn't really like some of the directions season 2 took.

Ronald

Daps
I read one of the spoilers for season 3 of Game Of Thrones

the Red Wedding thing

lame as fukk

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I read one of the spoilers for season 3 of Game Of Thrones

the Red Wedding thing

lame as fukk

:comeon: :manny: You only read a spoiler which most likely didn't go in depth to how it happened, bruh.

You call it lame as fukk that's 1 out of 5 :damn: moments, right there.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Awaiting the final episode of the year brehs

dave-chappelle-13505.jpg

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
There's really no reason to compare these shows. This isn't like sports where we can pull up ERA and WHIP and OBP. Great art is great art, and always in its own right, separate from other art.

U right. :myman: