Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Walt not being afraid to die =/= Walt is gonna actively put himself in harm's way.

If you assume Walt went there with the intention of killing Mike, then yes the scene is written sloppy and Walt's remorse in the end seems forced and tacked-on.

But this is "Breaking Bad", and the writers aren't sloppy.

So, no offense, but which is more likely....that they dropped the ball this late in the game, or that you misinterpreted the scene? Because if you read the scene as, Walt wanted praise or recognition from Mike, which they telegraphed from the opening scene, and the scene after that when he asked for a "thank you", and then again when he finally told Mike "you're welcome!"....then everything makes perfect sense. The ep is "Say My Name", the whole premise is, Walt wants props. He wants people on his dikk.

Lastly, you keep mentioning Mike has threatened Walt before, and Walt didn't seem worried last ep with a gun to his head....of course not, he had $300 mill worth of methylamine as leverage. Or he had Gale as a chess piece, or he had the security footage to distract Mike. Walt went into this final meeting with zero cards to play....it's far more likely he took the gun as "Mike might try to kill me, I better be prepared" instead of "I got a gun, I'm gonna kill Mike". Especially considering he could've shot Mike in the back....but he didn't, he said "you're welcome". Why? Because he wanted his props, not Mike dead.

Fred.

this exactly.

Walt wasn't there to kill mike.

walt was there to try and get mike to say he did SOMETHING right after damn near 3 seasons of mike constantly putting him in his place for everything.

He took the gun because he was scared of mike, plain and simple.

Hell, if he wanted to kill Mike, he just would have brought his own gun with him and killed mike. It's not like we haven't seen Walt shoot nikkas in the face before....

I think that cats is so busy rooting for the bad guy and wanting Heisenberg to buss his gunz and ride on his enemeez that they're missing the obvious.

Walt is an incredibly intelligent but incredibly small and scared little man who's every decision is driven by his ego.

him taking the gun and killing mike is really no different.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this exactly.

Walt wasn't there to kill mike.

walt was there to try and get mike to say he did SOMETHING right after damn near 3 seasons of mike constantly putting him in his place for everything.

He took the gun because he was scared of mike, plain and simple.

Hell, if he wanted to kill Mike, he just would have brought his own gun with him and killed mike. It's not like we haven't seen Walt shoot nikkas in the face before....

I think that cats is so busy rooting for the bad guy and wanting Heisenberg to buss his gunz and ride on his enemeez that they're missing the obvious.

Walt is an incredibly intelligent but incredibly small and scared little man who's every decision is driven by his ego.

him taking the gun and killing mike is really no different.
The show has always shown Walt act impulsively and do some crazy shyt when he's angry or ego trippin'.

This is the same guy who blew up a guys car because he took his parking spot and was talking loud on his phone in public.

The same guy who went to Ted's job to fight him after he found out he smashed his wife.

The same guy that tried to fukk his boss just to get even with Skylar.

The same guy that sped into one of Gus' restaurants strapped ready to kill because he didn't know where Jesse was.

The same guy that walked up to some random cooks in a parking lot and told them it was his territory.

It's clear Walt acts on impulse for a lot of shyt that he does... him killing Mike was another example of him getting mad as fukk, and acting on it without thinking things through.

Plain and simple

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Brehs I finally seen the light :lawd:

I watched some of the 1st season a couple year ago before season 3 started and couldn't get into it.

Gave it another go 2 weeks ago just cause I couldn't find anything to watch. Man I don't know how I didn't like it before.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Brehs I finally seen the light :lawd:

I watched some of the 1st season a couple year ago before season 3 started and couldn't get into it.

Gave it another go 2 weeks ago just cause I couldn't find anything to watch. Man I don't know how I didn't like it before.

Welcome home breh. You up to date now?

Fred.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
The show has always shown Walt act impulsively and do some crazy shyt when he's angry or ego trippin'.

This is the same guy who blew up a guys car because he took his parking spot and was talking loud on his phone in public.

The same guy who went to Ted's job to fight him after he found out he smashed his wife.

The same guy that tried to fukk his boss just to get even with Skylar.

The same guy that sped into one of Gus' restaurants strapped ready to kill because he didn't know where Jesse was.

The same guy that walked up to some random cooks in a parking lot and told them it was his territory.

It's clear Walt acts on impulse for a lot of shyt that he does... him killing Mike was another example of him getting mad as fukk, and acting on it without thinking things through.

Plain and simple

This right here......this shyt right here brehs....is why the Heisenberg alias fits so fukking perfectly. :steviej:

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
Why...would...Mike...kill...Walt?:dwillhuh:

No one can be certain what another person might do. In Walt's mind....I'm sure it's always a possibility that danger is looming, so why not go into it being prepared? Sure, Mike most likely wouldn't have killed him....but how is Walt supposed to know that?

Walt not being afraid to die =/= Walt is gonna actively put himself in harm's way.

If you assume Walt went there with the intention of killing Mike, then yes the scene is written sloppy and Walt's remorse in the end seems forced and tacked-on.

But this is "Breaking Bad", and the writers aren't sloppy.

So, no offense, but which is more likely....that they dropped the ball this late in the game, or that you misinterpreted the scene? Because if you read the scene as, Walt wanted praise or recognition from Mike, which they telegraphed from the opening scene, and the scene after that when he asked for a "thank you", and then again when he finally told Mike "you're welcome!"....then everything makes perfect sense. The ep is "Say My Name", the whole premise is, Walt wants props. He wants people on his dikk.

Lastly, you keep mentioning Mike has threatened Walt before, and Walt didn't seem worried last ep with a gun to his head....of course not, he had $300 mill worth of methylamine as leverage. Or he had Gale as a chess piece, or he had the security footage to distract Mike. Walt went into this final meeting with zero cards to play....it's far more likely he took the gun as "Mike might try to kill me, I better be prepared" instead of "I got a gun, I'm gonna kill Mike". Especially considering he could've shot Mike in the back....but he didn't, he said "you're welcome". Why? Because he wanted his props, not Mike dead.

Fred.
:clap:

I thought it was all pretty obvious...but I guess to some it's not :yeshrug:

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin
:what:
Why would Walt gamble his life? This thread is full of cats saying Walt gives zero fukks because his cancer came back and he's not scared to die. Walt has been gambling his life for seasons now. C'mon, Fred. The scene was written sloppily. How does the whole audience know Mike is about to be killed once the lawyer gets caught, but we're supposed to believe Walt didn't have an inkling that he might have to kill Mike? Not telling Walt the names was the breaking point combined with Walt's ego. If he tells Walt the names, Walt will most likely realize a guy like Mike is more than capable of eluding the cops and keeping his mouth shut if he gets caught. Not telling Walt the names leaves 9 variables out there that could sink his empire before it even gets off the ground. Bruising Walt's ego just cements the outcome.

And does any of that speak to the calculated, precise, meticulous character Mike has exhibited thus far? Does the Mike we know, seem like the dude who would kill for the reasons you just named, with him about to go on the run for the rest of his life? I'm supposed to believe Mike was smart enough to sense he was walking into an ambush earlier this season, bring a child's toy to cover the eye hole and get the drop on a would be assassin, but he's reckless enough to catch a body right before he goes on the run? That makes absolutely no sense.

This.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walt didn't go there to kill Mike. If he did he would've shot him after he refused to give the names and walked away with the bag. He had the gun because Mike has threatened him several times and if he really wanted to kill Walt this would be the last chance he'd get.

Walt went there on some "I'll save the day" shyt. He wanted props from Mike the whole ep....he even said "you aren't gonna say thanks?" at the beginning of the ep.

So he offered to go get the bag so Mike would be indebted to him....maybe finally say "thanks Walt, you're the man". This is obvious because after Mike won't give the names, Walt doesn't shoot him....he let's him walk away, then yells "your welcome!". He was waiting for a "thank you" that never happened.

After that Mike sons Walt, then Walt kills him. Not only did Mike not say thank you, he shyt on him, so Walt acted impulsively and killed him.

Which is why Walt showed regret, it didn't have to escalate into all that. :wtf: at people thinking Walt went there with the intention of killing him. If that was the case he never would've said he was sorry.

Fred.

"He went there to discipline him." - Jimmy Henchmen

Ronald

Daps
B5UmO.gif

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
I don't see how people are arguing if Walt went there to kill mike. If that was the case he wouldn't of had the remorse he did and he probably wouldn't have let mike get all the way to the car.

Walt wanted mike to acknowledge his greatness and Mike told him the truth."we had greatness and you fukked it up,we could all still be in the shadows making millions, but you decided to ruin that and you want a fukking thank you indirectly ruining the lives of me and my nine guys?" The Walt turned into the incredible hiesinberg and rage killed him.

Walts lucky mike didn't clap him just cause.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Walt always be the first nikka to call someone illogical or tell them that they can't let emotions get the best of them but he is the most unstable person in the entire damn show

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin
ALRIGHT -- case closed...

The creators themselves said they'd like to leave it up to the viewers imagination but they pretty much confirmed that Walt took the gun to PREVENT Mike from possibly killing HIM and did NOT get there with ANY intentions on killing Mike.

They talk about it about an hour and 15 minutes into the latest podcast

edit:
Mattafack, they pretty much summed it up very much like Fred did